• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bonuses of Camping at Fort Wilderness?

My husband isn't convinced he wants to camp at the Fort, but I think we'll likely come down there for a visit to check it out. I think I would love it! It sounds so lovely!

My husband isn't convinced he wants to camp at the Fort, but I think we'll likely come down there for a visit to check it out. I think I would love it! It sounds so lovely!
If you even remotely like camping and the outdoors, then I am certain you will love the Fort. It's one of the best campgrounds I have stayed at.

If, however, you are absolutely NOT an outdoors type person then you may want to reconsider. (I know someone that doesn't even like to put their feet on ANY grass... so camping is NOT for her!)

1) What a shame. :cool1:
2) The Fort should not have been your first experience.
3) It will ruin you for most other campgrounds!
4) It is VERY tough to match or beat The Fort.
5) However, at least we know you will be coming back.
6) We'll keep a light on for you.

No worries about us being ruined Rusty! We camped when we lived in Georgia....we owned 2 popups before buying the hybrid....and camped in state parks. I'm definitely already hooked on the Fort though, have 4 more trips booked before the end of this year! :)

How about watching Wishes (or whatever will be at MK now) barefoot in the sand with a beer and then when its over being back at your "room" minutes later?

Oh did I forget. Thanks to the saged advice from the guy who used to strum the guitar and sing in TE on the Weekends Mom and Dad Don't worry about the kids getting dirty It's good CLEAN DISNEY DIRT

My husband isn't convinced he wants to camp at the Fort, but . . .

1) Who really cares what he thinks?
2) Once there, he will praise you for being so wise.
3) How do you get him to The Fort?
. . . ask him what HE will prepare for dinner for the next six months (or so)
. . . ask him whether HE will wash red jogging shorts with HIS white shirts during the next year
. . . ask him if HE will need help lugging groceries home after HE shops weekly for the food
4) He will get the point and make the ressie for The Fort.

We visit the Orlando area about every other year. We stay at the Swan on points so our lodging only costs less than $50 in parking and resort fees. We just bought a camper and my daughters would love Camp at Fort Wilderness. However, convincing the husband to pay over $100 a night to camp is going to take some doing.

What are some unique qualities of Fort Wilderness that keep you coming back?
The pools and the kids activities. The adventure of camping with disney amenities. Have a 4 yr old and she cries when we leave. Loves the playgrounds and beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter