Bonnet Creek or Vacation Village at Parkway?

la79al

DIS Veteran
My mom is a timeshare owner at VV@P but for our trip next year, she has to exchange her week anyhow and go with a different week. We have never actually been to VV@P but I am trying to decide whether we should just go with WBC instead. Are there any huge advantages of WBC versus other resorts? Off to do research but looking for opinions in the meantime...

Bonnet Creek is onsite in the sense that you have to go through the park gates to get there (it's kind of between Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and Typhoon Lagoon), and has two lazy rivers and a pirate themed pool. It also has shuttles to the parks (I think they drop you off at the TTC for the MK and Epcot), however there aren't too many in the early afternoon if you like to come back then for a break.

VV@Parkway is offsite but quite close, the pools are not as snazzy and no lazy rivers, but the units themselves are larger and some people think nicer (at least when it comes to regular 2 BR). It has short "nature trails" which are essentially raised wooden paths from one section of the resort to the other. I'm not sure if there are shuttles or not but I'm betting they cost and/or the schedule isn't exciting, since that's usually the way of it, however there's a city bus line that goes by a block or two away and will drop you off at the TTC. That's all we need (because I drive no matter what but it would give eldest son the freedom he craves), but I think it'd be a royal pain if it was your only option.

The Bonnet Creek buildings surround a pond with a hotel at one end; VV@P is more spread out, but each group of buildings has a pool. I think there are restaurants in the hotel at Bonnet Creek and a snack place somewhere as well; not sure if VV@P has anything onsite but it's right off of Irlo Bronson and there are a lot of restaurants all along there.

Bonnet Creek is onsite in the sense that you have to go through the park gates to get there (it's kind of between Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and Typhoon Lagoon), and has two lazy rivers and a pirate themed pool. It also has shuttles to the parks (I think they drop you off at the TTC for the MK and Epcot), however there aren't too many in the early afternoon if you like to come back then for a break.

VV@Parkway is offsite but quite close, the pools are not as snazzy and no lazy rivers, but the units themselves are larger and some people think nicer (at least when it comes to regular 2 BR). It has short "nature trails" which are essentially raised wooden paths from one section of the resort to the other. I'm not sure if there are shuttles or not but I'm betting they cost and/or the schedule isn't exciting, since that's usually the way of it, however there's a city bus line that goes by a block or two away and will drop you off at the TTC. That's all we need (because I drive no matter what but it would give eldest son the freedom he craves), but I think it'd be a royal pain if it was your only option.

The Bonnet Creek buildings surround a pond with a hotel at one end; VV@P is more spread out, but each group of buildings has a pool. I think there are restaurants in the hotel at Bonnet Creek and a snack place somewhere as well; not sure if VV@P has anything onsite but it's right off of Irlo Bronson and there are a lot of restaurants all along there.

What he said :)

Shalom covered it well. I've stayed at both. VV is a very short drive to WDW - maybe ten minutes, so that's no real hardship. But WBC is located within WDW and is almost like staying at a WDW resort because of the proximity to the parks. VV does have shuttle service to WDW but it is limited and it isn't free. WBC has a pretty extensive free shuttle service that uses large buses and runs often, so it's very handy if you don't want to rent a car. VV doesn't have any on-site restaurants, but there are tons of them very close by along the highway. For me, WBC has a more resort-like feel. The VV units are a bit larger. My personal choice would be WBC for the proximity to WDW parks and the free shuttle service.

I have stayed at both and BC wins hands down.. no doubts about it...

It is closer to Disney (obviously) the commute to Universal is about the same.
The pools are nicer and the unit is nicer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter