BOG...talk me out of making myself crazy

westfamilyof5

Earning My Ears
We planned a last minute trip (60days out) for January, We have eaten at BOG dinner in the past and absolutely loved it. This trip it would only work to eat LUNCH there and obviously the ADRs for our date are all snatched up...I keep going back every day to check for opennings...is lunch even worth all my time of checking? I have reviewed the menu and it looks okay, but nothing grabbed me as I GOTTA HAVE THAT! We do have DDP so it would only be CS.

The Touring Plans site has a reservation finder tool. You can set it up and let it perform the search for you and it will notify you if it finds something that matches your filters in the future.

For me, yes lunch is worth the time. I've been checking many times a day for weeks now for our trip in just 2 days. No luck getting an ADR for the family. The 3 kids won't care all that much and with their food allergies their options are minimal anyhow. So I did the next best thing I could and I decided to bring their food into the park for lunch and snagged an ADR for one. I'm going to order the delicious roast beef sandwich that I'm completely addicted to, along with something for DH, and we're going to wrap it up to go and go somewhere else to order drinks and sit and eat.

I'm still checking and I'm also signed up with the reservation finder on TP, but either way I'll still enjoy my meal from BoG.

Is it worth it is subjective. I, personally, don't see the hype for BOG, I've eaten breakfast and lunch there, both times on a whim. I found the food just o.k. like any other QS location. The rooms were large and noisy and for the price, someone better be waiting on me and me not getting my own silver, drinks or table. Being on the DP would make a difference in the price situation but for me, one and done was fine. I like trying new places (new to me not necessarily new to the world) so I rarely repeat somewhere any way. So is it worth it? Only you can decide that but I wouldn't stress over it, there are plenty of places to eat and if you don't see anything at the MK and don't have PHs, hop on the monorail or boat and check out the QS at any of the 4 MK resorts.

I think if you're going during a hot or humid time, BOG may be "worth" it just for the guarantee of indoor, shaded, AC seating. While there are other QS lunches with AC, it can sometimes be hard to get a table to actually sit at those desirable AC positions.

We didn't really like lunch. I don't think we liked the menu. But it was a nice place to get out of the sun. No one asked to go back. They would have rather been at Cosmic Rays or LTT.

Is it worth it is subjective. I, personally, don't see the hype for BOG, I've eaten breakfast and lunch there, both times on a whim. I found the food just o.k. like any other QS location. The rooms were large and noisy and for the price, someone better be waiting on me and me not getting my own silver, drinks or table. Being on the DP would make a difference in the price situation but for me, one and done was fine. I like trying new places (new to me not necessarily new to the world) so I rarely repeat somewhere any way. So is it worth it? Only you can decide that but I wouldn't stress over it, there are plenty of places to eat and if you don't see anything at the MK and don't have PHs, hop on the monorail or boat and check out the QS at any of the 4 MK resorts.

I agree. We tried it one year for dinner. That was the year I didn't get Park Hoppers and wanted an MK dinner. It still felt QS because it felt rushed and was so loud in there and so crowded feeling. We like a more relaxed feeling at dinner. I don't even remember what anyone ate, but I do remember that everyone was relieved when the check came so that we could leave...:sad2:

Thanks for all your thoughts! I will keep looking but not stress myself out over it! That day we have an awesome breakfast reservation and dinner so I HAVE to be okay with not getting BOG for lunch!

When are you going? I'm hanging onto some reservations for Jan 7-10 that I need to get canceled and one is BOG lunch on Jan 9.

I think if you're going during a hot or humid time, BOG may be "worth" it just for the guarantee of indoor, shaded, AC seating. While there are other QS lunches with AC, it can sometimes be hard to get a table to actually sit at those desirable AC positions.

MTE. I like BOG lunch but for me the real draw is having a time booked that I know we have a place to eat without trying to scope out a table after having stood in a line that seems to never end.

I would not want a lunch if I had breakfast and dinner already in my plans. We would have a snack to hold us over, but would not need to have a real lunch.

Hi! Question...I went on touringplan to try the reservation finder, and although the first page states that you don't need to pay and subscribe, you just need a basic access account, when I go to that page, it won't let me great an account without a cc #.
Has everyone paid and subscribed to use the reservation finder or am I missing something, or has it changed? Thanks in advance.

Lunch is my favorite meal there ....... but if you've been, not like it's changed. Why not try somewhere else?

Hi! Question...I went on touringplan to try the reservation finder, and although the first page states that you don't need to pay and subscribe, you just need a basic access account, when I go to that page, it won't let me great an account without a cc #.
Has everyone paid and subscribed to use the reservation finder or am I missing something, or has it changed? Thanks in advance.

I was wondering the same thing. Is it really worth the money to subscribe?? I just can't bring my self to paying the money when I am already very familiar and my own expert at Disney. However, curious about their ride wait time app and reservation finder. Thanks.

I'm not 100% sure that you need a paid sub for the res finder, but here's what I think is the newest thread about paying for the TP sub:
http://disboards.com/threads/touringplans-com-worth-the.3568178/
http://disboards.com/threads/touringplans-com-worth-the.3568178/
There's always a discount code for the sub somewhere, and if you have the book, the site can provide you with a discount if you request it and answer a few questions. I'm pretty sure that most threads like the link above are overwhelmingly in favor of the paid sub. I'm a fan. It makes planning a snap. You might learn a thing or two even though it sounds like you're a touring vet. A few times, I saw incredible accuracy with wait times comparing the TP wait times with MDE posted wait times. Almost spooky that the TP wait times were predicting a correct wait time a several minutes before MDE (AND THE SIGN AT THE ATTRACTION) was updated. On the flip side, TP is not PERFECT by any means. They have actual posted and predicted wait times. Predictions are predictions. They can be wrong. Their touring plan software, however, pretty sweet for creating a personalized plan of attack. Easy customization, and editing on the fly.

Was wondering about the reservation finder myself. Just got word that my niece is joining us on our trip February 25-27. It will be her first time to WDW. I was chatting with her about BOG and she told me to book it. I told her it wouldn't be that easy since it was probably already full. So been checking several times a day on reservations. I know finding reservations for party of 7 will be hard, but figured if I could find one for 4, some of us who have been to BOG before can go ride on rides while the rest of the party can go to BOG. I was checking on the res finder to see if it was worth it so that I wasn't logging into the website every hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter