• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG on dining plan

lovndisney12

DIS Veteran
We will be on the dining plan this December and right now have a lunch and dinner reservation at BOG. Questions to those who have eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner at BOG - if breakfast were to open up for December - what would you do?

Stick with just lunch and dinner at BOG?
Switch to breakfast and dinner?
or do all three?

Little background - this will be our third time on the dining plan and have never eaten at BOG. We have all reviewed the menus and dinner is our first choice. As far as breakfast and lunch - it doesn't really affect our other plans since they are QS restaurants and we don't really have other QS places that we are eager to eat at that we won't already be enjoying on other days. We are staying 6 nights but will have half days on both our arrival and departure days for a total of 7 park days.

Which dining plan are you on?

We had the regular DP, and enjoyed it as a QS credit for lunch. Cupcakes were ok (not terrible, not incredible - wasn't a fan of the grey stuff, but enjoyed the others). Lunches were on the lighter side compared to portions at other CS restaurants, but still adequate size for lunch.

I can't speak to breakfast/dinner.

Which dining plan are you on?

We had the regular DP, and enjoyed it as a QS credit for lunch. Cupcakes were ok (not terrible, not incredible - wasn't a fan of the grey stuff, but enjoyed the others). Lunches were on the lighter side compared to portions at other CS restaurants, but still adequate size for lunch.

I can't speak to breakfast/dinner.
Regular DP - 1 TS, 1 QS, 1 snack

I didnt care much for the lunch tbh. The flavor was overwhelmingly mild. I struggled to make selections to my liking and the portions were large for a mid day lunch even in the lessor heat of September. I wish we'd have been seated to the side which affected the experience. The lack of communication between cast members and diners made it cafeteria like. I'd shoot for the dinner if we went back.

We did lunch last May when it was a FP+ option, and we were on the dining plan. We enjoyed the castle, and thought the food was flavorful. Hoping to try breakfast this November, and do lunch again another MK park day.

I'm not a big fan of the lunch either. I really enjoy dinner, and I thought breakfast was great. The meals are different enough that you're getting 2 different experiences at the same restaurant too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter