• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG new test lunch res online?

I just used the DME # and it worked. I had letters in my resort reservation # so I used the tip and it worked. Doesn't mean it's going to work when I get there. It's not linked into my mde account or fp+ so crossing my fingers :)

During our layover today, dh got the email saying we were selected to test fp+ for the lunch ressie at bog. The email actually gave us a reservation number to use (our pkg ressie has letters.) despite me saying earlier I didn't want to risk attaching fp+ to us, we went ahead and reserved 12:10-12:25 tomorrow (Thurs.) we chose to order when we get there. I'll report back if it works!

I just managed to make a reservation for August 20th using the numbers found on my DME papers but did not pre-select our meals.

My question is this: Does anyone know how will this work if you're NOT testing out the FP+?
Will they be able to turn us away because we're not testing FP+?

If this has been asked/answered before, I apologize.

I just managed to make a reservation for August 20th using the numbers found on my DME papers but did not pre-select our meals.

My question is this: Does anyone know how will this work if you're NOT testing out the FP+?

I was told if you were invited through email or have the card they are giving out at select resorts you won't be turned away. Besides that I don't know.

I don't think this has anything to do with the fastpass+ test. I think you just have to give the name the reservation is made under and I would print out the info. As well.

Entered our DME number, worked like a charm. We are staying on a package at CSR 9/21-9/28. I printed out my end result, hope it works.

I booked one for Sept 5. 2-2:15. For DS, DDIL and a friend. Ordered food for all 3 guests. They do not have the fastpass+.....YET ;)
I am wondering if this is gonna work for them? I printed it all out but as PP said no confirmation #. I would think if they have the printout, with their names on it, it is valid. Hopefully someone will try it before they do and let us know! :confused3

I was just able to book for August 9. I wasn't invited to do it, except by the good people of the DIS of course. Here are a few observations -

- I spent an hour trying to get it to work and being very frustrated as it took foreeeeeeever to load each page, until I stopped using Chrome and switched to Safari. No idea why that made a difference, but it took me two minutes to do the whole thing in Safari and I spent an hour faffing around with it in Chrome.

- If you don't like the time it spits you out, go out and back in again. Initially I got two very late and one very early time and I found out that you could be assigned a new one because when I was still working in CHrome I had to start over twice. I ended up with a Noon slot.

- The number I used was from the top of my yellow DME tag. Who on earth would have ever thought of that and thank you to the DISer who did because I was ready to give up after my reservation number didn't work. However, on my MDE tickets my name is listed in its entirety (ie. Christina) and on my usual Disney stuff, it's used in the short form (ie.Chris). It wasn't working for me until I realized I needed to use the long form of my first name as it appears on DME.

Phew! I'm very pleased with the results and again a massive :thanks: to everyone here who facilitated my little hack-job. I know there is a lot of this and that on the boards about the testing but I think it is fun and interesting. As to the silly conjecture that people who are finding out about things that Disney didn't tell them and "ruining" it for others, pish-posh. No one on these boards knows more about how to run Disney than Disney does. The fact that people are accessing the new technology virally is as important a piece of data as what the invited people do.

Anywhoooo :rolleyes1 Hope that helps someone else! If you're in BOG at noon on the 9th, I'll be the one eating pomme-frites and feeling no guilt at all. :woohoo:

I'm too far out yet to get my Mickey mail, but I hope to get to try this! My package reserv number has letters and numbers so it doesn't work.

I tried using my room only reservation number and it says the name and reservation don't match. I took the number right off my disney experience.

I tried using my room only reservation number and it says the name and reservation don't match. I took the number right off my disney experience.

By any chance did you put the reservation in your spouse or significant other? Also do you have more then one email address on file with Disney?

According to Tech Support, the resorts participating in the BOG lunch FP are Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, and Poly. I don't know if that's correct, or if that means you can only make a reservation if you're staying at one of those resorts, but I thought I'd pass the info on. Of course, answers about anything FP+ have been wildly inconsistent, so take it with a grain so salt!

I was told they are testing only for DVC members and that it is a very small select group.

The CM also said it is unrelated to the current Fastpass+ testing.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Booked a time yesterday, and just went back in to check, and its still showing my booked time. Waiting patiently for others reports of whether this works or not. So far we haven't been invited to use fastpass+, so I'm really hoping others have success with this that arent fp+ users.

I am skeptical as to if this will work... We are part of the FP+ test and staying at POP on a package but when I chose my time frame and confirmed everything it did NOT give me a confirmation # like all other reservations.. Is everyone getting the same result? Just time frames, confirmed and your party's names on the confirmation? :confused3 I'm both excited and nervous about this at the same time! :worried: I hope it all works out and before I leave next Wednesday someone posts an update on their experiences with this.. Just to be safe, I will be printing the confirmation page that I got!! :thumbsup2

DJWMom I'm with u. We got a ressie today but we are not selected for fast pass+. I called Disney today and the woman said just bring ur printed paperwork showing ur ressie time and date, tell them ur name and u should not be turned away!!! We are so excited to get in for lunch to use one of our QS credits!!!!

I just tried to get an adr. Used the number from the yellow luggage tags from Magical express. There are actually 2 numbers, first one said, error. When I tried the 2nd number, it said "guest already registered" and would not go beyond that page. Maybe they stopped letting people make adr's? Anyone know? am I doing something wrong? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter