• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG lunch....

PrinceOfPeace

Mouseketeer
I've been reading posts about BOG and wondering if some of you can tell me why you pick BOG for lunch? I'm sad (well not quite) that I can't get dinner ressies. Thank you!

Personally, we enjoy the food at lunch. The turkey sandwich is our favorite. We also like the option of eating in the library- it is beautiful in there. The drawback is no picture with Beast, but since we are 2 adults and a DS16, it's not a huge deal for us. Plus, it is less expensive than dinner...

LOVE the Roast Beef Sandwich and DF loves the Turkey sandwich. We pick lunch because nothing especially appeals to us at dinner (For the Price). From what I heard the food at Dinner isn't that good and you are simply paying the higher price for the atmosphere!
The lunch is great/delicious especially with the not so great choices for QS lunch in MK.
However, the way that lunch prices are trending there we may have to cut it out of our must do's list. 16$ for a sandwich!? That's getting to be a a little ridiculous!!

We love the lunch and it gives us the experience while freeing up a night for a different ts

We love eating in the castle (and you get to pick your own room if you go during breakfast or lunch). DH and DD's enjoy the braised pork and I love the vegetable quiche with salad. Cupcakes are good (strawberry and master cupcakes are our favourites). Drink refill station is nice too. I would suggest trying to get a reservation for lunch. Good luck.

i choose it for lunch for several reasons...
-its a QS credit with TS atmosphere
-i like to sit where i please
-i absolutely love the roast beef sandwich
-i don't have to feel tied down for a solid 60-90 minutes of my day. (usually in and out in 45 minutes and thats with leisurely)
-i can order in advance and not have to wait in a long line to order
-i'm usually in that area of the park around 11am and like to each lunch around that time. i'm not usually in that area of the park around dinner time.

I have a 1 person reservation for lunch at BOG. I have read that since there are no specific tables the Cast Members will allow 2 people to enter the restaurant with a 1 person reservation. Can someone confirm this for me?

I am taking 11 middle schoolers for a STEM trip next week and I would love for them all to experience BOG lunch as a group but getting reservations has been difficult. I have resorted to 1 person ressies as a last result.

Last edited:
I have a 1 person reservation for lunch at BOG. I have read that since there are no tables the Cast Members will seat 2 people with a 1 person reservation. Can someone confirm this for me?

I am taking 11 middle schoolers for a STEM trip next week and I would love for them all to experience BOG lunch as a group but getting reservations has been difficult. I have resorted to 1 person ressies as a last result.

You seat yourself.

I have a 1 person reservation for lunch at BOG. I have read that since there are no tables the Cast Members will seat 2 people with a 1 person reservation. Can someone confirm this for me?

No, that won't work. Every person needs an ADR. Lunch is CS, so you can sit wherever you want once you're through to the queue. CMs don't seat guests for breakfast or lunch. You're on your own to hunt down the size of table you need.

We think the lunch is delicious!! We've gone every year since it opened & our favorite hands down are the carved turkey and roast beef sandwiches! So yummy!!

The lunch food is more appealing to my family. I would be up for trying dinner, but my DD13 and DH are rather picky (and boring) eaters. All my daughter gets for lunch is French fries and a cupcake. I love the roast beef and turkey sandwiches, and the strawberry cupcake is one of my favorite desserts at WDW. I also love the restaurant, the sights, the sounds, the smells. It's quite lovely.

We like the food and the prices better at lunch. My husband is kind of "picky" about food and he likes the sandwiches at lunch and the french onion soup (available for dinner too). I also like we can seat ourselves wherever we please:) We don't do the dining plan typically but for sure the fact that it's QS vs TS would make a difference for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter