BOG lunch yesterday - no wait!

traveladdiction

Mouseketeer
Arrived at 1:45pm for counter lunch for 6... and just walked right in! The line was huge around 11:30-12:30. Wanted to share for those who might want to know!

Thanks! Hoping the lines are still short or nonexistent in 2 weeks. Glad we like to eat lunch early, maybe we'll miss the crowds.

Arrived at 1:45pm for counter lunch for 6... and just walked right in! The line was huge around 11:30-12:30. Wanted to share for those who might want to know!

We have done dinner and it was excellent. Food, service, atmosphere, theming all perfect. How is the lunch experience? I tried to get a resize for our December trip. Bringing first timers and was hoping to bring them to BOG for dinner. Now I'm considering lunch.

Good to know! We are planning to go later to avoid the longest lines. This report makes me very happy! :thumbsup2

We have done dinner and it was excellent. Food, service, atmosphere, theming all perfect. How is the lunch experience? I tried to get a resize for our December trip. Bringing first timers and was hoping to bring them to BOG for dinner. Now I'm considering lunch.

I've read so many differing views. I know lots feel lunch is just as good. My opinion is yes- that it's a great way to get to see the inside if you can't score an ADR. HOWEVER- We did dinner last week and it's really much nicer IMO. Because I experienced dinner first- the bar was set high... so, as a result, the magic was mostly gone for me at lunch. I enjoy all the little extras: the calm, unrushed feeling.... the cloth red napkins presented as roses... Our host, a super friendly British man, came to get us outside and lead us to our table... did a superb job of slowly walking us to our table... as he let us in on all the secrets of the castle... at dinner, our server brought us the grey stuff... and yes, it was delicious! We enjoyed the presentation of the beast and how he walked through the dining room with great fanfare... to wait in his study to receive all who wish a presentation. Being surrounded by people also taking their time at dinner... drinking out of glasses instead of paper cups you need to fill yourself... all really changes the whole atmosphere. All the things I loved were gone at lunch. Except, of course, the rooms are truly beautiful and blow away any other MK counter service location. It feels like a really beautiful noisy cafeteria at lunch, but at dinner, it feels like you are really dining in a castle!

So, my advice is to keep trying for dinner!!!

traveladdiction said:

My kids went Thursday last week. With FP. For 2-215. They said they walked past a very long line and were so happy they has the FP. Or they never would have waited.

Glad to hear the lines are starting to get more manageable. We have a FP+ (and preordered) for this trip, but since its only testing right now, there is no guarantee they will continue with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter