• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG - lunch vs dinner - which do you recommend

Bapster

Earning My Ears
Is lunch or dinner better at BOG? Which do you prefer and why? Trying to do some advance planning for my daughter's birthday trip.

Dinner is table service, with waitstaff. Lunch is counter service, and they pack the place.

Beast only meets at dinner.

Dinner! It's table service and will be more expensive, but the atmosphere is much nicer. Also you get to take a photo with Beast :-)

We do both lunch and dinner because we like both menus. We prefer the atmosphere at dinner. My daughter and I love the Master's Cupcake, though, and it's only available at lunch. If you can only do one meal there and your daughter wants to meet the Beast, do dinner - especially since this is her bday trip. Dinner will feel more special.

Both are nice but we prefer dinner - to meet the beast and also we like the food a bit better. Of course it is more expensive. Lunch is more crowded - kind of cafeteria style - you get your own drink though they do bring food to you. Dinner feels more appropriate to the theme. You get to see the beautiful inside of the castle with both though. Make sure you walk through the different rooms after eating to check them out no matter when you go. Also if you don't get the reservation right away - keep checking as they do open up.

I enjoyed both but preferred dinner. Table service, wine, and the food is better quality.

I actually prefer lunch. The food I had then was better, though you don't get the ambience of a table service meal. It's also nice that you can choose where to sit and wander around to see the other rooms if you like.

That being said, lunch is more crowded, and doesn't have the formal atmosphere you might prefer for a birthday meal.

If focused on BOG for the meal, then I'd agree with most of the comments above -- i.e., for a birthday meal, go with dinner. Dinner has a totally different feel than lunch, which is more of a cafeteria atmosphere, from the moment you order at a kiosk to the table where you sit. At dinner, the lights are a little lower and it's just a nice place to slow down and escape from the hectic pace of the park outside (whether your own hectic pace or that of people swarming around you!). When we had dinner there, we ended up sitting by a window where it was "snowing" just outside, which was pretty cool and not your typical Magic Kingdom meal experience. In all fairness, there are plenty of WDW restaurants I would choose over BOG, but if you're in the MK, don't want to deal with leaving to go elsewhere, and want a really neat birthday dinner atmosphere, it's a great option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter