BOG - get over it!

[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;47186433]Ok, you are sick of those who didn't get a ressie? I DID get one this weekend for our July trip. I called 180 days plus one out and got a 7:10 ressie for 8 people. Now, I have to decide whether or not to keep it after all of the reviews that say lunch is better :)[/QUOTE]

I would keep it. DH and I did lunch and dinner and found them both wonderful. I am no expert but I did teach cooking for many years and have won several cooking competitions. (notice I said cooking and not culinary classes).

I've yet to eat at a wdw restaurant that was worth me getting overly excited about BUT I don't mind reading about folks trying to make their trips as magical as possible.

The funny thing here...if OP wanted to simply vent about the frustration of not getting an ADR and giving up -OR- rejoice that they were finally successful in non-stop stalking...there would be plenty of people who would be supportive for either scenario.

The reality, things do open up and sometimes walk ups are granted, but it's also not a given and it's frustrating to constantly search and risk rejection once there. Still, there's no harm in trying nor is there any harm in not trying.

I was one of those initially disappointed that we didn't get a Dinner ADR for BOG, and decided to do lunch instead and still hope something would open up for dinner.

After our lunch at BOG last week which we LOVED, we decided it wasn't necessary to go again for dinner, and instead we'll spend the money trying something else instead.

As for lucking out to get an ADR - don't give up - for our trip last year I checked a couple of times a day on-line for a few months before snagging an Ohana's ADR.

How many people on the boards are sick of posters wishing and hoping for BOG reservations or ADRs for dinner? Get over it; it is not going to happen. I admit; I was one of the guilty originally. Many of us planned trips after ADRs were already taken and filled up - and we will just have to live with that!

A newb. If this bothers you, you will have a coronary after you read these boards for a while. :wizard:

ShannonMB said:
You'll learn if you stay on for awhile that some topics you just have to roll your eyes, say to yourself "One more time", and skip over. One of my personal favorites "DYING to get a reservation at Le Cellier!"
so true.

nkereina said:
A newb. If this bothers you, you will have a coronary after you read these boards for a while. :wizard:
Lol. True dat!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I kinda understand what the OP is talking about. And i wanna add.....I gotta admit, im sick of seeing all the BOG threads. There would be two or three threads on the same topic! And it would be the same question. Don't people read other threads before they post a question?

Anyway my solution, I ignore those threads. Very easy to do. Lol.

Lol, I get it. I just wanted to put it out there and see if anyone else was getting the eye rolls for the numerous posts hoping against hope for dinner ressies. And I should clarify, I was more annoyed about the people still hoping for January ressies. I am not surprised that May and July people have gotten in. It's still pretty far out. But if you missed the original window for an anticipated restaurant that is barely two months old, I think you should temper your expectations a bit, that's all. No worries, I get that I am being the negative Nellie, or as i perfer, realistic Rachel if you will. ;)

Anything is possible IF YOU JUST BELIEVE LOL

Hey i did it. I made and ADR for BOG on 8/20 the day that will live in infamy. I made it for 12-12. OPENING WEEK!!!! My travel plan changed and i spend the next 3 1/2 months trying t change it and the day before i left for WDW i got one. So dont kill hope and faith.

Can I just say I enjoy that this thread is turning in to what the OP said she disliked? Because I do, I enjoy that :hippie:

You'll learn if you stay on for awhile that some topics you just have to roll your eyes, say to yourself "One more time", and skip over. One of my personal favorites "DYING to get a reservation at Le Cellier!"

That one seems to be something that is now in the past. Now that WDW has done little to the menu, did nothing to change the atmosphere, raised the price of this place and made it a signature, I haven't seen a thread on here "Dying" to get an ADR at Le Cellier" in a long time... I have read a lot of them though saying, "No way will I use 2TS for this place." My how things change. :rotfl:

That one seems to be something that is now in the past. Now that WDW has done little to the menu, did nothing to change the atmosphere, raised the price of this place and made it a signature, I haven't seen a thread on here "Dying" to get an ADR at Le Cellier" in a long time... I have read a lot of them though saying, "No way will I use 2TS for this place." My how things change. :rotfl:

True dat! :thumbsup2

How many people on the boards are sick of posters wishing and hoping for BOG reservations or ADRs for dinner? Get over it; it is not going to happen. I admit; I was one of the guilty originally. Many of us planned trips after ADRs were already taken and filled up - and we will just have to live with that!

You know of course that everytime someone on DIS whines about not being able to get a BOG dinner ADR an angel loses a wing? Thank heavens you posted, I hope people take you seriously.

I just want to say that I was able to get BOG dinner for 4/22, and I just booked last week (probably 110 days out.) So there IS hope even if you missed your 180 day window! Here's some pixie dust for all you still trying....

Two weeks ago I was able to get dinner for 4/23! I didn't think there'd be availability but was quick to snag the ressie when it appeared.

for BOG on Jan 27th. While confirming our ressies, BOG was booked 3x on the same day. Two under my name and one under my husbands. We kept one and cancelled two....so....they do become available. Guess it's just timing if you snag one late ;)

We booked a last minute trip for February. I'm traveling with my little brother, who has special needs. I know, it's impossible, but I'm checking 4-5 time a day for a cancellation. It probably won't happen, BUT it would NEVER happen, if I don't try....the hoping, wishing, faith, trust and pixiedust:. I havent reached the begging and pleading stage...yet.;) :rotfl:

this has likely been said...I don't really care to read the whole tread- but book it 180 days out like everyone else who has a ps did- or try your luck at lunch....

No because I have been there in their shoes if hoping including walking up when at the park. I am thrilled I snagged one in April in December, but we are trying the lunch our next trip to see if its worth trying dinner. Everyone keeps saying lunch is better.

My thought on this: if you really want ressies at any given restaurant then you get up before 7:00am and call the dining line at 180 days out. This I'd what I have done every year for the past 4 years.. I have always gotten every ressie. Even Le Cellier on Mothers Day. If its important to you, you'll find a way.. We do have ressies at BOG for April..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter