BOG Early Park Opening ADR

horse11

DIS Veteran
I have an 8:05 Breakfast ADR at BOG on a day the park opens at 9:00am> hoping to get a picture in front of the Castle before hand. How soon will they let us in the park? Would I be better making the reservation for 8:15 am? We also want to try and get a ride on 7DMT before rope drop if possible

We were there this past Thursday with an 8am reservation at BOG when the park opened at 9am. We arrived at the park around 7:20. After we went through bag check (no line) they had cast members checking reservations by scanning magic bands. We were then allowed to scan our magic bands to get in the park and stood in a line until about 7:45 when they let everyone with early reservations in. I didn't see any distinguishing between what times people's reservations were actually for. Once in we stopped for a few photos on the way to BOG. There was a 5 minute wait or so to actually get checked in at BOG. We were checked in and entering BOG just after 8am. We had ordered our food ahead of time and it came within 5 minutes of sitting down. We didn't rush to eat and were done by 8:40. When we left the restaurant there was a line forming at the fence next to Mine Train. I'd say there were about 20 people or so in the line, with cast members standing at the corner (at the head of the line). At 8:45 the cast members walked us over to the Mine Train. We were able to ride it twice with no wait before the rope drop crowd arrived.

We thought the experience was great and would look to do it again on future trips. My family thought the food was good too.

We have an 8:45am reservation for a 9:00am park opening. We couldn't find an earlier one, though we are still looking. We're hoping they will just let us in with everyone else at 7:45am, as we've read a few different threads that seems to be what they are doing. That way we can eat ~8:00am and then head to the Mine Train.

In September, they had two lines at the MK for those with ADR's before park opening. One line was for the people with ADR's in the next 30 minutes. There was a separate line for people whose reservations were more than 30 minutes away. They made those people wait until closer to their actual ADR time before gaining early admission to the park.

2 weeks ago we were let in with one line for our 8:15 ADR at about 7:45-7:50. We took our time going to BOG and even rode one of the vehicles up Main Street. We walked up at our time but had to wait for others checking in before us then had to wait in line to order. We were done and headed out about 7:45/7:50 only no advantage for us - crowds had already been let in and the 7DMT line and A & E line were both crazy! Which didn't bother us because we had fastpasses for later in the day for both and we went on and did a lot of other things with minimal wait times.

Do all members of the group need to eat at BOG to get into the park early.

I would think so. We had a pre-opening ADR at Akershus this past June and there was a CM checking off names and party nos. to make sure that only those people were let in, so I would think all the people would need to be on the reservation for everyone to get in at the same time. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, they do need to be. If not I feel like people would be making a reservation for 1 person and then bringing in their party of 8 to get good photos and such!

We had an 8.15 reso this morning and were let in with the whole group at 7.45am. Took our time getting to BOG and checked in and were let in right away, probably just after 8.

We were there this past Thursday with an 8am reservation at BOG when the park opened at 9am. We arrived at the park around 7:20. After we went through bag check (no line) they had cast members checking reservations by scanning magic bands. We were then allowed to scan our magic bands to get in the park and stood in a line until about 7:45 when they let everyone with early reservations in. I didn't see any distinguishing between what times people's reservations were actually for. Once in we stopped for a few photos on the way to BOG. There was a 5 minute wait or so to actually get checked in at BOG. We were checked in and entering BOG just after 8am. We had ordered our food ahead of time and it came within 5 minutes of sitting down. We didn't rush to eat and were done by 8:40. When we left the restaurant there was a line forming at the fence next to Mine Train. I'd say there were about 20 people or so in the line, with cast members standing at the corner (at the head of the line). At 8:45 the cast members walked us over to the Mine Train. We were able to ride it twice with no wait before the rope drop crowd arrived.

We thought the experience was great and would look to do it again on future trips. My family thought the food was good too.

This is how I am hoping it will work out for us! Really want to get a picture down main street and in front of the Castle before heading to BOG. Sounds like we should order our food ahead of time and that would help. So keeping our 8:05 should work then!! I see you got to the park by 7:20 do you think that helped or as long as we get to the park by 7:40 do you think we would be ok?

This is how I am hoping it will work out for us! Really want to get a picture down main street and in front of the Castle before heading to BOG. Sounds like we should order our food ahead of time and that would help. So keeping our 8:05 should work then!! I see you got to the park by 7:20 do you think that helped or as long as we get to the park by 7:40 do you think we would be ok?

Ordering food ahead of time definitely expedited the process once we got to BOG. There was a little line where we had to scan our magic bands so that they could pull up the order and see if we had any changes (we didn't), but I think the line to order from a kiosk was a bit longer. I think getting there at 7:20 helped a little, but you may be just as fine getting there a little later. I'd say we were in the front 1/3 of the line waiting to be let in. If we were further back we probably would have had a longer wait to check in at BOG. Even though we had an 8am reservation, people in front of us were also checking in for later reservations.

Main Street is not as empty as it used to be..with people dining at Cinderellas, Crystal Palace and BOG all between 8-9am

If all members of your party are on the reservation to enter the park early, can some members opt not to eat, or even just not show up in line with other members? Would it count as a no-show if everyone didn't order something? What about if no one ordered, just went through the line, got to the touch pad menus, and didn't select anything, and walked out into the dining area and left?

If all members of your party are on the reservation to enter the park early, can some members opt not to eat, or even just not show up in line with other members? Would it count as a no-show if everyone didn't order something? What about if no one ordered, just went through the line, got to the touch pad menus, and didn't select anything, and walked out into the dining area and left?

When we went in September, there were 5 of us on our reservation but we only ordered 2 meals.

When we went in September, there were 5 of us on our reservation but we only ordered 2 meals.

Exactly what I needed to know! Thanks! I thought since all meals were the same price it might be the equivalent of a character breakfast or buffet where everyone must pay.

Youonly need to have one person show up and dine to NOT be charged the no show fee You have to order at least one

Enjoy your $20 donut. LOL
I didn't get the croissant doughnut, but I enjoyed my $20 open-faced bacon and egg sandwich. Thank you for your witty comment though.

I would say there is value to getting in to the park leisurely, and being able to ride the Mine Train without waiting. If you asked my family, they would all say the total experience was well worth the overpriced menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter