BOG Dinner during MVMCP- Yay or Nay?

SoCalMike44

Earning My Ears
Was able to get a 9 p.m. ADR for dinner but thinking it's time that will take away from the reasons we bought a ticket to the party for.

Anyone else dined during the party events?
Were you still able to see and do all you wanted to?

It also depends on how late you are going to stay. Is eating there more important than being at the party? You don't want to miss the fireworks or parade for dinner. The last party we went to we had QS at Cosmic Ray's. But we did most of what we wanted and virtually no rides or character meet and greets as it was our second day at MK. Left by 10pm.

Unless you're sure you won't miss anything I would skip it. You are going to lose a some park time eating dinner which you won't want to rush through.

You could keep looking for earlier ADRs. We got one at 6:20 the night we go to the party in November. I kept looking for about 3 weeks after my ADR window opened.

I was able to get a 4:15 ADR pretty close to my party date last December. I don't remember how many months before exactly just not or really around my 180 day mark. I usually don't eat that early at home or on vacation, but it did fill our stomachs up until later on when we had some cookies and cocoa.

Eating before the party started worked out better for us since we were able to eat and do 1 ride and then get in line for the princess & prince meets and do everything we wanted. We stayed to see the second parade, met Town Square Mickey and then left.

I wouldn't eat there during party hours. You will be losing at least an hour or more of party time. I would look for something in the 4:30 - 5:30 range so you can eat and then enjoy the entire party.

I would not take this ADR on a party night. You will miss the fireworks, and will be spending a lot of prime time party eating.

Thanks for confirming my gut reaction. We have a BoG Dinner ADR on our arrival night already and so I cancelled and made a 3:40 pm ADR at Le Cellier instead.
Early for us but that should be enough fuel to enjoy all the merriment at the party.

Nay, I don't even want to stop for QS during the party. We usually get there at 4 and eat a QS early around 6 and get snacks later.

I wouldn't spend party time at a restaurant and yes, you will miss the parade. We are doing a late lunch and then will be snacking the rest of the night.

I was wanting to know something similar. I was able to get a dinning reservation for BOG at 1600 on our November 18th, 2016 Mickey's Christmas Party date. I have read that you are "unofficially" able to get in at 1600 with the tickets, however my concern would be being able to make it to BOG in time. Anyone have any insight on whether they let you in exactly at 1600 or if maybe a little before that? I will keep looking for a slightly later time, but wanted to see if anyone has made it to a 1600 reservation on a party night (I wouldn't want to be too late/get charged a no show fee)

I was wanting to know something similar. I was able to get a dinning reservation for BOG at 1600 on our November 18th, 2016 Mickey's Christmas Party date. I have read that you are "unofficially" able to get in at 1600 with the tickets, however my concern would be being able to make it to BOG in time. Anyone have any insight on whether they let you in exactly at 1600 or if maybe a little before that? I will keep looking for a slightly later time, but wanted to see if anyone has made it to a 1600 reservation on a party night (I wouldn't want to be too late/get charged a no show fee)

You won't make it. You are allowed in at 4PM, so you will be considered late fo you ADR. BOG is busy so they may not be able work you in.

There are some times when they start the Hard Ticket turnstile a little early, but the key words there are some times and a little early. It is not reliable, and BOG is not close by the gate.

A couple years ago, they let us in at 3:45 with our party tickets. I don't know if this is the norm, of if it was an exception on that day.

We have a 6:20 reservation so we will likely miss 30 minutes of the Halloween Party. But, our kids were so disappointed we couldn't meet the Beast 3 years ago when BOG first opened, that it's a must for us this trip. Also, starting the party at 7:30 isn't a huge problem for us. We're going to do some party activities, but also try to do ride that otherwise would have huge standby lines like 7DMT and Peter Pan's Flight.

We have a 6:20 reservation so we will likely miss 30 minutes of the Halloween Party. But, our kids were so disappointed we couldn't meet the Beast 3 years ago when BOG first opened, that it's a must for us this trip. Also, starting the party at 7:30 isn't a huge problem for us. We're going to do some party activities, but also try to do ride that otherwise would have huge standby lines like 7DMT and Peter Pan's Flight.
I am not sure you will only miss 30 minutes of the party. I know that this ADR is important, but I would not want you to underestimate how long it can take to be seated and then to eat. I would plan on 90 minutes and be happy if it takes less time.

I would never make an ADR during the party - those tickets are too expensive and those 5 hours of party time are precious and go FAST, to use them at a TS restaurant.

Last year we did BOG on our MVMCP night, at 4:30 and it was perfect. We were able to relax and enjoy the meal, and we were done by 6pm, so we had an hour before the party even started. We usually don't eat that early, but we didn't have lunch and we were hungry and full for the rest of the evening. It was a great way to start the night, but I would not do dinner during the party. That's just us.

We did a walk up one year during MVMCP and it really don't suggest it. The ticket prices are high, so you don't want to miss out on all the special party activities. The time of your ADR leads me to believe you would miss Holiday Wishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter