BOG breakfast

sarah24

Stop and Smell the Pixie Dust!! OFFICIAL MOUSE AD
Looking for thoughts on Be our Guest breakfast. It seems awfully expensive for breakfast counter service. How are their portions? Thanks

We liked it! My husband and I split the open face sandwich that was 2 poached eggs on toasted french bread with bacon, brie and arugula. You get a drink with each entree plus a small basket of pastries to split. There was more than enough for us to eat! It was really rich and yummy!

I would have been one who said it was overpriced. The first time I went I was still trying to figure out if it had a value besides those that get in before park opening. I ate there again last month and it is growing on me. Atmosphere alone food court vs BOG, no comparison.

If you normally would be eating breakfast at your hotel food court you would be paying about $17 for a Bounty Breakfast, Drink and one pastry. I find the Big Bounty breakfast comparable to a McDonald's Big Breakfast - so normally eat light in our room. So for a few dollars more I get a good breakfast, with a plate full of pastries, drinks - delivered to my table in a beautiful setting. I've decided, IF you eat breakfast out, it was of value. Now if you are an all you can eat breakfast guest, it probably does not have the value for you.

We have had pre-park opening which was great, and a very late breakfast that was a nice meal/break after doing a few hours of non-stop attractions. Portions are so big we can't finish all the pastries so I take along some ziploc bags.

It does seem high at first glance, but I tend to agree with the trend of comments above -- you get a unique entrée, an rather nice plate/tray of pastries, a re-fillable drink, the atmosphere of the castle-teria and either an early entry or a nice break from the heat later in the morning. There is definitely enough food per serving to keep the average person content for a few hours, plus potential to-go pastries for later if you don't eat them all at breakfast.

We absolutely loved it and a far better value then what they give you in your food court at the hotel.
I would do it multiple times on our MK day next time. Every night around 9pm too, a new res would open up for the next day, typically pre park opening (at least last week)
I just couldn't convince my fam to wake up early and do it again. My peeps don't like alarms on vacation mornings.

Thanks so much, everyone. We do have a pre-park opening reservation.

On our last trip, October 16-21, we had breakfast, lunch, and dinner at BOG. I love the atmosphere and that alone is worth paying for. The breakfast is huge and with the included refillable drink it is worth the $22, however our breakfast was not as good as lunch and dinner. We could have gone on an off day or just had bad food luck, but the vegetable quiche did not taste as fresh as it did at lunch and the included pastries were not anything special. I would say go for the atmosphere and decent food but don't be expecting table service food quality. We got the quiche and the eggs florentine.

How are their portions?
Large, plus a pasty tray for the table.

Yes, it's overpriced. I've always ordered two meals for three people. I bet two people could share a single meal. But, since it's a set price, there's no real way to order an extra drink.

For me, there is absolutely no way I am going to pay $20 for a breakfast with a few danish. I get that it's incredible themed and one gets into the park prior to RD. But for me it is not worth it for me to pay this price. I have a breaking point and $20 for BOG along with another experience, Wishes Dessert Party at $50, I'm out.:eek:

BOG is one of those things you try once and it's really about the experience.

Now in the interest of full disclosure my sons are college age football players. Yeah, a fancy donuts and some pieces of fruit for 20 bucks is really going to work with them
Also we are breakfast eaters when on vacation. We like Ihop and Perkins. My kids are not little so yes, when we ate, we kinda like to feel satisfied after the meal. a pretty setting only goes so far with us.

Now, no way can I imagine two people splitting a meal there unless you are asking for extra pastry to fill up on.

to give you my perspective, when I go to IHOP, I get the pancake platter. 2 pancakes, 2 pieces of breakfast meat and 2 eggs. I am a happy camper. I had the scramble eggs whites. It was a small ice cream scoop of eggs, two small croissants (they are not full size french croissants) and a small cup of fruit.

My cousin had the donut. Once again it was interesting and tasted ok but it was one donut with some banana slices and a cup of fruit. she didn't mess with the whip cream

Our pastry tray had 2 normal size pastry's and 3 smaller ones. so with 4 people right away 2 folks are not getting a full size pastry.

Glad I did it, took pictures but will not be going again.

We had an 8 am reservation, we were starved by 11:00

Last edited:
It's definitely an experience. I was afraid the portions would be small, but it was enough to satisfy us. I wouldn't fight to find a reservation again, though.

Pricey, yes, but really, what isn't pricey when you're at WDW?

Looking for thoughts on Be our Guest breakfast. It seems awfully expensive for breakfast counter service. How are their portions? Thanks

We did breakfast here this past Sept. and it wasn't really our thing, but we knew it probably wouldn't be something we'd really enjoy going into it. We mainly did it to get a Mine Train ride in before the crowds and in some ways it was worth it for that, but I don't think we'd do it again. We just aren't a fan of the offerings and feel that it's pretty overpriced even for Disney.

We did breakfast here this past Sept. and it wasn't really our thing, but we knew it probably wouldn't be something we'd really enjoy going into it. We mainly did it to get a Mine Train ride in before the crowds and in some ways it was worth it for that, but I don't think we'd do it again. We just aren't a fan of the offerings and feel that it's pretty overpriced even for Disney.

That's the thing. It's pretty decent food (not great by any means), but way overpriced, EVEN for Disney food prices. If you eat like an absolute bird, you might can split a meal. Otherwise, it's not a big meal by any means. My 115 lb wife had no problems eating all of hers (eggs florentine in puff pastry), along with one of the pastries.

Also, don't be misled...the pastry tray is absolutely nothing to write home about. It'll fill a hole in your belly, but they taste worse than what you get from the bakery at Walmart or somthing. The qs pastries and muffins at resorts are MUCH better.

It's ok if you're on the dining plan, but I'd never pay out of pocket for it.

I have a choice of getting a 9:30 breakfast or a 10:30 lunch at BOG. We are not very big breakfast eaters but we are early risers so 9:30 would be considered a late breakfast for us. We are on the dining plan and always have quick services leftover at the end of our trip. Anybody have any suggestions whether the breakfast or lunch would be a better idea for us? I thought that if we got a breakfast before the park opened would be kind of nice but even if we hurried through breakfast and got done in remarkable time, nothing in the park opens early right? It isn't like we could go hop on a ride before 9 am.

ok, I'm sorry for the stupid question, but I'm trying to catch up very fast :) so BOG, is QS for breakfast? is this character dining for all 3 meals or only for the TS ones? thanks in advance? I missed the 180 day mark (I didn't realize) and I'm trying to call and look daily, but want to be focusing on the best options.

I have a choice of getting a 9:30 breakfast or a 10:30 lunch at BOG. We are not very big breakfast eaters but we are early risers so 9:30 would be considered a late breakfast for us. We are on the dining plan and always have quick services leftover at the end of our trip. Anybody have any suggestions whether the breakfast or lunch would be a better idea for us? I thought that if we got a breakfast before the park opened would be kind of nice but even if we hurried through breakfast and got done in remarkable time, nothing in the park opens early right? It isn't like we could go hop on a ride before 9 am.
You can get on rides before 9 am. Most people report being able to ride SDMT 1 or 2 times before the rope drop crowd gets there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter