• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG breakfast for Mine train warning! Early ride not guaranteed

FWIW, read something from another site for this morning (8/10). CMs held the BoG line until 8:52. They let them go and the RD crowd had already gotten to the 7DMT line. So the BoG folks were "about 500-600 people back--Absolutely NO benefit to breakfast," according to that person's report.

Additionally, 7DMT was down at park opening. Maybe that had something to do with it, too?

That person also reported a fight between 2 guys waiting to get into the park early that morning. So lots of pixie dust at MK this morning.

FWIW, read something from another site for this morning (8/10). CMs held the BoG line until 8:52. They let them go and the RD crowd had already gotten to the 7DMT line. So the BoG folks were "about 500-600 people back--Absolutely NO benefit to breakfast," according to that person's report.

Additionally, 7DMT was down at park opening. Maybe that had something to do with it, too?

That person also reported a fight between 2 guys waiting to get into the park early that morning. So lots of pixie dust at MK this morning.

Yeah 600 people back, definitely no ride advantage to breakfast in that case.

Thanks for the report!

If I am in the rope drop group, approximately how long can I expect to wait for SDMT?

Many years ago when my DD was little we had a pre-opening breakfast ADR at CRT. After we were done eating we waited for park opening at the rope at the back of the castle breezeway. I knew the first child into (can't-remember-the-name-of-) store could wake Tinkerbell. I thought it would be a cute thing to do but I didn't tell DD about it in case we weren't the first people in the store. When the rope dropped we started walking towards the store but everyone else was doing the Dumbo Dash. We entered an empty store and the CM took us to the place to wake up Tinkerbell. Well, about 30 seconds later this woman and her two daughters come running into the store all red-faced and out of breath. When the woman realized they missed it she turned to me and said they'd been standing in line at the entrance for hours just to do this. Then she asked me if the reason we made it in there before them was if we had an early breakfast reservation. I have to tell you that really put a damper on the whole thing. At first I felt really bad but then I got irritated. It's not my fault I got an early ADR (and paid for 3 meals) and was in a position to get to the store faster.

So, with BOG & SDMT - I am going to breakfast and will be paying for my food. I don't expect to ride SDMT before the park opens but if I am in a position to get in line before the RD masses do I should be able to. I shouldn't be held back and made to get at the end of the line.

I hate it when a few bad apples spoil the entire basket.

On our first trip, we were at the rope drop at Mickey's Toontown Fair just waiting to get in like everyone else. Minnie came running over to DD, grabbed her hand and started to run off with her. DH & I ran after them trying to keep up and take photos at the same time. Minnie took DD on a private tour of her home (which is no longer there). It was a very special experience for all of us. The crowd followed us in after we exited the area. Fortunately, nobody spoiled this serendipitous moment for us.

I think it is awesome that your DD had the privilege of waking Tinkerbell. It makes me sad that someone tried to steal your joy.

Sometimes the happiest times in WDW are little surprises like these. We can plan them and maybe they will work out or maybe not. We love the magical moments in the mornings before the crowds. We always book a breakfast at Cinderella's castle, not to get an early ride, but to be in MK among smaller numbers of people. Sometimes we get the best photos in those moments when all of humanity isn't crowding around the castle. I'm willing to pay the big bucks to have those opportunities for a little extra magic.

Am I the only one who thinks the 7DMT isn't worth the extra $10 from a cancelled breakfast? :confused3Arguments about moral turpitude aside, I guess I don't see what the hype is about the ride itself. The dwarf with the jewels in its eyes was cute but the ride itself was ehhh IMO.

I do think it's a bit discouraging that the CM's have different practices in regards to which group they allow on the ride first. There should be a standard across the board as to whether or not ADR guests have to wait or not. I would be upset if I was that family who was behind the BOG guests one day and then made to wait for RD guests another.

It is a blinged out version of big thunder mountain railroad.

Touché. I know the subject of worth is relative and I suppose if it is your first time, or for those who really enjoy the ride or have children who really enjoy it then it may be worth it if they couldn't get a fast pass. I'm sure chalking up that $10 is easier than the stress of booking the fast pass in the first place lol. I do think it's puts those who actually want to dine at the restaurant at a disservice due to the tied up reservations.

Those that pull a "no show" for reservations should be charged the full dining price plus 18% tip. Too bad, too sad.

I'm sorry, but if rope drop has happened and people are entering the park and are allowed to enter ride lines, then anyone in the park - wherever they may be - should be allowed to enter ride lines as well. That's a function of *park admission* not an ADR.
I understand what you're saying, but Disney has crowd control throughout the day that keeps people from getting from point A to point B. Haven't you ever been caught on the wrong side of a parade, yards away from the nearest crossing point?

I understand what you're saying, but Disney has crowd control throughout the day that keeps people from getting from point A to point B. Haven't you ever been caught on the wrong side of a parade, yards away from the nearest crossing point?

What is the rationale, in your opinion, for saying that a certain population in the park may not enter ride lines when there is no such restriction for those.entering from the front? For a parade there is a safety issue crossing the route while the parade is happening. What is the safety issue here?

What is the rationale, in your opinion, for saying that a certain population in the park may not enter ride lines when there is no such restriction for those.entering from the front? For a parade there is a safety issue crossing the route while the parade is happening. What is the safety issue here?
I've addressed this before in this thread, as have others. Not everyone agrees with the rationale, which is fine, but I don't think there's any benefit to repeating it.

I've addressed this before in this thread, as have others. Not everyone agrees with the rationale, which is fine, but I don't think there's any benefit to repeating it.
You made the reference to the crowd control safety issues of not crossing a parade route as though they were similar rationales. I was just asking what the safety issue is here. As far as I can tell, there isn't a safety issue.

You made the reference to the crowd control safety issues of not crossing a parade route as though they were similar rationales. I was just asking what the safety issue is here. As far as I can tell, there isn't a safety issue.
There is. Please find my earlier post in this thread.

I did look through your previous posts in the thread. This is the only one that seemed to address safety (from a quick read through anyway) in some way. Please feel free to let me know if I missed one. It is midnight, and it's quite possible I could have missed something :)

The fact that they were being led by CMs gives credence to the theory that they've had trouble with this group when they march peacefully and discover that they're still not first in line. Or maybe some manager told the CMs that they needed to make sure that no one got on the ride in front of the RD CMs, and the CMs didn't ask for clarification about the BOG people. I dunno.

Or maybe they've just been having too many kids throw up after going from BOG to 7D, and their staff physician said to make sure the BOG diners had a chance to digest their food first. :)

TBH, though, this still comes across as a "fairness" issue, not so much a safety issue as crossing a parade route is. Crossing a parade route while the parade is happening is a safety issue no matter what way it is looked at. I don't think anyone here would disagree with that.

I understand the "fairness' rationale that had been discussed at length in this thread. Your comment today made me think there was an additional safety rationale that was separate from that. As far as I can tell, whatever safety rationale there may be is tied up with the fairness rationale as well, which I wasn't commenting on.

But WRT "being led by CMs gives credence to the theory that they've had trouble with this group...."- the one and only time I've made RD and been at the front of the pack was at DCA not long after TSMM opened. They had CMs leading us back to the ride. AFAIK, safety wasn't an issue with that RD (it certainly wasn't the day we were there..it was very calm and orderly). So my personal experience would lead me to not read too much into the fact that there are CMs leading the RD crowd back.

Marking. I actually did order a $20 donut LOL (well, plus drink). I hope it's a good one...

SDMT seems like a short ride from what I can see from YouTube. I guess that's the norm for MK, though. Crazy to spend an hour in line for a few minutes but... how often will I get to WDW? Once in a life, maybe. Decisions, decisions.

Here's my plan. Go to the breakfast. Come out and see what we can see. SDMT is not our plan (we have FPs) but A&E is (we were not able to secure FPs even at 60 days).

It is a blinged out version of big thunder mountain railroad.

Good comparison, but I don't even know if I'd go that far. It's a beautiful ride and the track is super smooth, but BTMRR is so much more fun. In saying that however, 7DMT (being that it's in Fantasyland) is better suited for younger kids. It doesn't throw you around as much as BTMRR. We got to go on it last year, but it was still at early stages. They were rushing to get people on and off the ride so much that the ride itself stopped like 10 times, the people being offloaded couldn't keep up with the speed that people were loading. The timing wasn't right at all, so I'll really hoping we'll get to ride it a couple of times this trip. Failing that though, we do have one FP for it.

We have an early ADR for BOG, so we if we can get on 7DMT, then great! This is our first MK pre-RD ADR, I've never begrudged someone else for getting in line before me because they were there an hour earlier than I was for breakfast.

I also agree that the amount of people with BOG ADRs is minimal to the people in the RD line. If they got on line for 7DMT before the RD people, it might add like a 5 minute wait to the people coming in from RD.

They had CMs leading us back to the ride. AFAIK, safety wasn't an issue with that RD (it certainly wasn't the day we were there..it was very calm and orderly).
Sorry, I wasn't trying to say it was specifically or only a safety issue.

But suppose you're that CM, and this calm and orderly group of people, after being told that they won't be allowed on the ride unless they stay behind you, sees that there are people in front of you getting on the ride. Is it possible that some of those calm, orderly people might become disorderly? Granted, that's probably more of an issue with rides that are more attractive to teens instead of little ones.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say it was specifically or only a safety issue.

But suppose you're that CM, and this calm and orderly group of people, after being told that they won't be allowed on the ride unless they stay behind you, sees that there are people in front of you getting on the ride. Is it possible that some of those calm, orderly people might become disorderly? Granted, that's probably more of an issue with rides that are more attractive to teens instead of little ones.

Pre-park breakfast opportunities are not new, and nor is the possibility of people who have pre park opening ADRs getting in ride lines first. I would imagine Ariel's Grotto had pre-park opening breakfast reservations on that day I was referring to in DCA. I very highly doubt that there are enough "disorderly guests" who are truly a safety hazard (as in getting violent) to be the reason behind this change.

If anything, I would lean to thinking that those who might be upset are going to Guest Services and complaining, and GS is giving out anytime FP+ to pacify them and GS is finding that handing out the anytime FP+ is causing issues with the FP+ return lines/FP+ distribution for the ride (potentially "overloading" the FP+ capacity), and Disney's trying to figure out how to deal with that. All of that's assuming that this is more than just a rogue CM thing in the first place.

We've got 8 a.m. reservations at BOG for our upcoming trip on a day that the park is (currently) scheduled to open at 9 a.m. If we can, we'll ride 7DMT early. If not, I imagine my wife and daughter will head over to Splash Mtn and my son and I to Space Mtn and hit those before the crowd builds. So my take is it would be great if we can get on 7DMT before the RD crowds hit the park but I don't EXPECT that to happen and won't be irritated if it doesn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter