Boathouse - What I Learned Today

I sent an email to the GM yesterday inquiring about details and he responded last night:

Hello Amy,
My name is Patrick McKinney and I am the General Manager of The BOATHOUSE. What specific date and time would you like to join us? How many in your party? We will be open within the next couple of weeks. We won’t start taking reservations until mid-May…but…we would love to have you dine with us. Please let me know what works best.

Patrick McKinney
General Manager
The BOATHOUSE Orlando
Street Address: 1620 East Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista FL. 32830
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 2875
Windermere FL. 34786
(c) – 407-202-7887
(w) – 407-939-2628
(f) – 407-939-2629

Gibsons Restaurant Group
1050 N. State Street, Suite 4, Chicago, IL 60610
www.grgmc.com

Thanks for sharing, Belle61513 (Amy)! If you don't mind my asking - how large is your party and what date are you trying to book for? When Mr. McKinney says that they aren't taking reservations until mid-May, I was wondering if he's willing to take your name for an earlier date anyway, or if I should just cool my heels until we are closer to arriving. I may send him an email in the next couple of days as well, just to see if he wants to bother with our small party of 3.

Yesterday I called to make my ADRs for September and they told me that they will begin taking reservations for the Boathouse on May 1st.. Been looking forward to it for a while...

Thanks for sharing, Belle61513 (Amy)! If you don't mind my asking - how large is your party and what date are you trying to book for? When Mr. McKinney says that they aren't taking reservations until mid-May, I was wondering if he's willing to take your name for an earlier date anyway, or if I should just cool my heels until we are closer to arriving. I may send him an email in the next couple of days as well, just to see if he wants to bother with our small party of 3.

It's just DH and me and we're going Mid-may (our trip is the 9th to 16th, but we're aiming for a late lunch at TB on Monday the 11th). I'm hoping we'll be able to walk up without an ADR since that's one of our few loosely planned days, but it's a Monday at lunch and there's only 2 of us...

Yesterday I called to make my ADRs for September and they told me that they will begin taking reservations for the Boathouse on May 1st.. Been looking forward to it for a while...

Oh, I hope so. The girl at reservations today didn't seem to know anything about it. I better put a reminder on my calendar.

Great news! Thanks!

It's just DH and me and we're going Mid-may (our trip is the 9th to 16th, but we're aiming for a late lunch at TB on Monday the 11th). I'm hoping we'll be able to walk up without an ADR since that's one of our few loosely planned days, but it's a Monday at lunch and there's only 2 of us...

Good to know. Thanks! We'll be arriving May 13, and with 3 of us, I'm also hoping it will be easy to get dinner on the following Monday evening.

Great news! Thanks!

Good to know. Thanks! We'll be arriving May 13, and with 3 of us, I'm also hoping it will be easy to get dinner on the following Monday evening.
Hey There,
Just joined up! Heading to Disney World May 2nd.
Been following The Boathouse closely. Would like to get a reservation.
One thing I have confirmed is The Boathouse will open APRIL 13th 2015.
I found that a performer that performs at Port Orleans will be performing at The Boathouse on April 13th 2015

Cheers

Steve

News is starting to trickle in. Amphicar Tours (20 minutes) will seat a party of up to 3 - and cost $100. April 13 opening is also confirmed with live music entertainment. It will be a fun experience!

I hope it's true about the Amphicar tour. My DH would absolutely love that! We're really looking forward to this dining experience.

I am going to try and go on opening day April 13th. Is it also open for lunch I take it? Anyone know what time they open lunch?

I am going to try and go on opening day April 13th. Is it also open for lunch I take it? Anyone know what time they open lunch?

We will be there on April 13 as well! I called corporate headquarters this afternoon and they said it will open to the public at 11 am.

I've not seen the menu. I checked their official website: www.theboathouseorlando.com and it has the same message it has had for months: "Coming Soon" - however, the Gallery tab on their website has several food pics. If anyone has the menu or knows where to find it - I would LOVE for you to post a link or a photo!

The $100.00 for the Amphicar tour. Is that per person?
Seems kinda pricey!

Cheers

Steve

Does anybody know if they have released an official open date. We will be there on Apr 24th and would LOVE to try this out.

April 13 by all accounts is the opening date. But they are not taking reservations yet (at least that they have said) - walk ins or contact them at opening time 11:00 am. BUT... that info is all rumor. I haven't seen anything official. They DO have people answering their phone, so I would give them a call to see if you can get a better answer. And then please come back here and share any news!

April 13 by all accounts is the opening date. But they are not taking reservations yet (at least that they have said) - walk ins or contact them at opening time 11:00 am. BUT... that info is all rumor. I haven't seen anything official. They DO have people answering their phone, so I would give them a call to see if you can get a better answer. And then please come back here and share any news!

Sounds great, ill probably call them this week. I'm sure its going to be VERY busy for the first few weeks as its a new place and seems so nice. Ill deff share what i can once i speak to them, Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter