Boat from Wilderness Lodge to MK - Question

bzzybee13

Mouseketeer
Hi! We are staying off-site, but are having dinner at Whispering Canyon one day. Are we able to use the Wilderness Lodge water transportation to MK even though we are not guests? Thanks for any info. :cool1:

I believe the transportation is supposed to be for guests staying at a WDW resort, however, I don't recall being asked to see my resort key.

I also heard something about a water taxi from there, don't know if that's something different or not. We don't want to "sneak" onto the boat if we're not supposed to use it, and also don't want to get stuck at MK if they won't let us on going back.

Yes, I believe that's the boat ride. Like I said, I don't recall ever being asked for my resort id. Disney does advertise the bus, boat and monorail transportation as a benefit of staying at a WDW resort:

Complimentary Resort Transportation

Complimentary transportation throughout Walt Disney World Resort—including transportation to and from Disney Theme Parks and Disney Water Parks—is available to Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

Thanks Tinkbyday. I just called and the friendly guest services person told me we are "welcome to use" their boat to MK. There is no charge. That will make things easier! :banana:

Thanks Tinkbyday. I just called and the friendly guest services person told me we are "welcome to use" their boat to MK. There is no charge. That will make things easier! :banana:

Good to hear. Hopefully Disney understands that if someone's taken the time to get onto property and get in a water launch to a resort, they'll probably spend some money somewhere! :laughing:

Good to hear. Hopefully Disney understands that if someone's taken the time to get onto property and get in a water launch to a resort, they'll probably spend some money somewhere! :laughing:

That's what I was going to say. You are spending money to eat and then to go to the parks. It would be just like using the monorail IMO.

Using the boat to MK won't be a problem. The issue may be with parking. You will have a 3 hour (or so) parking limit when eating at WC. Theme park parking is not allow for non resort guests.

Oh good! That's good to know and that sounds like it will work for your family. I didn't think you would have a problem anyway.

By the way - I think you will really enjoy WCC - be sure to ask for ketchup :)

As newcomer52 said, taking the boat to MK won't be a problem as any guest is allowed to use Disney transportation....even for those guests not staying at a Disney resort :). The problem lies with parking at the WL and leaving your car there while you go to the MK :confused:. Anybody going to a resort they're not staying at (whether they're staying on property or not), is usually allowed a 3 hour time, as newcomer52 mentioned. Although it requires some traveling, your best solution might be to park at the MK....boat over to the WL for dinner.....and then boat back to the MK :goodvibes. Some people have posted seeing cars getting towed that were not registered guests of a resort who have been parked over the 3 hour limit :confused3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter