Boat between EPCOT and HS

DLBDS

Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk
Planning to be in HS park for rope drop with a lunch at Via Napoli planned for 2:00 at EPCOT. I've never taken the boat between the 2 parks before. What should I expect the wait for the boat to be at HS in June at this time of day (1:15ish?)? Or should I skip it and just take the bus? Thought it could be a relaxing way to transfer but don't want to waste too much time waiting for the boat if it's going to be over-crowded at the dock.

The boats run about every 20 minutes just like the bus and take about 25 minutes between HS and Epcot due to stops at the SD/YC/BW, we have never had an issue boarding the boat due to crowds. The bus also runs every 20 minutes and although it doesn't stop it will drop you off at the front entrance to Epcot vs the boat that drops you off at the IG entrance which is closer to Italy. (Between France and UK)

It shouldn't be too crowded mid-day, but you just never really know when it's going to show up. As PP mentioned, it arrives about every 20 minutes and will take about 25 minutes to get to EP. If you would rather have more time to spend in the parks and are willing to spend about $5, I would get an uber to Beach Club (uber picks up by the taxi stand, past the bus stops). The drive will take about 5-10 minutes and then you walk right into World Showcase through the IG entrance. We did this after the Star Wars fireworks in Dec. (we were staying at BWI) and we didn't have to stand in any lines or wait for a boat or bus!

If speed is your concern, the boat is not your ticket. As TJ said, you rarely will have problem getting on because of crowd (though I have seen it be full to the point of not taking passengers once or twice). However, it's a slow and casual ride. You can walk there quicker.

And be aware that if there is heavy rain and thunder storms, the boat will not run. We jumped on at HS during a thunderstorm and the boat remained docked, with all of us sweaty, poncho-wearing people crammed in there. We missed our ADR at the Beach Club, and ended it up eventually running for the bus back to our resort.

Thanks for the replies. I think we'll go ahead and try for the boat. Not in a rush just wanted to be sure I had plenty of time in HS before I had to head to the dock. Gonna plan on 45 minutes to get to Via Napoli including the wait for the boat.

It is really a very nice walk. Much faster than the boat. Plus you get to check out the boardwalk area. We walk it two or three times each trip.

We love the walk too! Not sure I'd walk it midday June though. :)

We either walk it or take the boat to Swan/Dolphin or YC/BC and walk it from there. It's all about timing, if you happen to get to the dock right when the boat leaves, you are going to wait at least 20 min. for the next one. It will stop at Swan/Dolphin then YC/BC then Boardwalk then on to Epcot. You can get off at any place and walk the rest of the way or ride it all the way.

The boat between Epcot and DHS is the one form of transportation in WDW you really need to have patience,if speed is what's of importance to you walk or take the bus.Walking is definitely the fastest way but is not that close and I would totally avoid it on a hot day.The bus is direct from DHS to front of Epcot but that still means you have to walk from the front of Epcot all the way to the back.Taking the boat is probably the slowest way unless you get lucky and get on a boat with little wait,but it is the nicest way and if going to World Showcase will have you walk the least,in my mind that's a lot of pluses,just know it can take time.

The boat is so slow and hot. We went in June and figured it would be fifteen minutes. Ugh it took a half hour to get from HS to EP and there was no wind....it was so hot stuffy and slow we were not happy campers....bus for us now when we go in june

We were so hot an miserable one day over the summer. We were in World Showcase and we were DONE. Didn't even want to put forth the effort to walk all the way to the front of the Epcot and then out to the buses. So we decided to take the boat from the international gateway to Disney Hollywood studios. We had a nice rest and at the end of our journey the Disney Hollywood studio bus stop was right there. Very convenient for our trip back to the resort.

It's all about timing, if you happen to get to the dock right when the boat leaves, you are going to wait at least 20 min. for the next one.

In my experience the wait for the next boat is less than 20 minutes. I think they typically run three boats at a time.

Thanks for the replies. I think we'll go ahead and try for the boat. Not in a rush just wanted to be sure I had plenty of time in HS before I had to head to the dock. Gonna plan on 45 minutes to get to Via Napoli including the wait for the boat.
I would allow 60 minutes - the ride takes about 25 minutes and if you just miss the boat you will have to wait for the next one which can be 5 to 20 minutes, allow time for security/bag check at the IG and time to walk to Via Napoli.

The route for the boat is DHS --> Swan & Dolphin --> Beach & Yacht Club --> Boardwalk -->Epcot. You can save a little time by getting off at the BC&YC dock and walking to the IG.

Walking is WAY better than the boat imo.

If you get on the boat and it's hot outside with no breeze, then it's like sitting in an oven. We took the boat one time and that one time was enough. We'll never take it again unless it's below like 70 degrees.

Walking is faster and a lot cooler since you can get some air flow

Walking is WAY better than the boat imo.

If you get on the boat and it's hot outside with no breeze, then it's like sitting in an oven. We took the boat one time and that one time was enough. We'll never take it again unless it's below like 70 degrees.

Walking is faster and a lot cooler since you can get some air flow

I like the walk too. And you might get to see some of Florida's finest critters along the path!

We have been to WDW many times and last October was the first time we have ever taken the boat between Epcot and DHS. It was absolutely miserable...it was standing room only and it was so slow and hot that we got off at the first stop and walked the rest of the way. Since you'll be there in June when it's hot and crowded, and the walk mid day will be hot as well, I'd recommend uber or the bus!

I like the boat too, but we also walk occasionally. It depends on how tired we are.
I agree though, I think you need to leave an hour to get to your ADR if you are taking the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter