• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk Villas vs Yacht Club

Kirstie Harris

disneyanddoxies
I am looking to visit Disney World in June, and I can get a deluxe studio at Boardwalk or a room at Yacht Club. I just need opinions on which is better? We are two adults (mother/daughter) and price is similar so that is not an issue!

In your case, I would choose YC so you get two real beds. The studio at BWV gives you one queen and one pull-out which isn't very comfortable IMHO. I also find YC a little quieter than BWI/BWV.

Don't rule out the BW DVC Studio. It will have a queen, a double sofa bed that you won't need to open since it has a twin-ish Murphy bed. I'm 5'4, 53 years old and slightly Pooh size, it was very comfy. We like a couch to sit on and watch TV or read.

Check out this for more info:
https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/boardwalk-villas/news-95465/3228-studio-murphy-beds-up-close

The studio has a kitchenette.

Both are lovely resorts. YC is more subdued IMO. Ale and Compass is a gem of a restaurant; SAB is a plus for YC if you want some pool time. Oh, and Hurricane Hanna's is a plus for YC.

BTW, neither has a decent QS, although YC is better than the non-existent one at BW.

I second the Murphy bed. I’m 5’7” and 135 pounds and have slept in the Murphy bed before and have found more comfortable than the pull out and it saves room.

My vote is for the YC rather than the BWV (although I also love the BW).

Reasons:

2 real beds plus a nice daybed at YC
most distant rooms at YC not as far as most distant at BWI, IMO (subjective, I didn't measure)
bus stop is closer to rooms at YC than to villas at BW
Storm Along Bay vs Clown pool

We prefer the BWV. We like the atmosphere better and although the pool at the YC is really nice the pools at BW are not bad. One other thing, every time I've been at the YC I've always seen large convention groups there, for me it kinda takes some of the vacation / Disney vibe out of my trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter