• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk Villas Refurbishment Questions

Bambi1989

Earning My Ears
Question for all my experienced DVCers out there! What exactly is going on with the DVC refurbishments at the Boardwalk? I spoke to a DVC rep and they said that only the Studios were being renovated but I was reading online and on one of the forums speaking about the refurbishments someone said they stayed in a renovated 1 bedroom....... does anyone have a a concrete answer? We are looking to book a 1 bedroom at either the beach club or boardwalk and if one is renovated already it would make the decision easir :)

Thanks for your input guys!

Question for all my experienced DVCers out there! What exactly is going on with the DVC refurbishments at the Boardwalk? I spoke to a DVC rep and they said that only the Studios were being renovated but I was reading online and on one of the forums speaking about the refurbishments someone said they stayed in a renovated 1 bedroom....... does anyone have a a concrete answer? We are looking to book a 1 bedroom at either the beach club or boardwalk and if one is renovated already it would make the decision easir :)

Thanks for your input guys!
Glad you posted this. I've been hoping to find a website or at least a thread giving regular status updates. We're staying in a one-bedroom villas in August and we're under the assumption that they are refurbishing all the villas and will end probably by November. Someone said on here that they are starting with the standard view rooms on the 5th floor and working their way down and then over to the Boardwalk view rooms.

If anyone else could chime in with more info, please do. I already called and requested a refurbished one-bedroom and hoping it still might be a possibility. But after your post now I'm getting nervous.

We decided to book a 1 bed standard in the middle of December. Granted I spoke to the Member Services on the online platform, but their response to me was that only the studios are being refurbished and they were adding the murphy bed to the room. The jist that I get reading these forums is that all the rooms are being redone, particularly about talk with the teacup lamps in the 1 bedroom being replaced. So I am confused as well :confused3

this is the conversation i had online with member services:

Jonathan : one last thing, my family booked a 1 bedroom standard view at the boardwalk in december

Alanna: How exciting! How may I assist you?

Jonathan : last time i spoke to a representative they had told me that only the studios were being renovated, however reading online some of the disney forums say that it is the entire resort....

Jonathan : do you know what exactly is being renovated? if possible we would like a renovated room

Alanna: I will be happy to take a look for you, please allow me a few moments.

Jonathan : thank you :D

Alanna: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

Jonathan : no problem

Alanna: The details I have at this time are that the work is being done on the Deluxe Studios and there is some work being done with regards to refurbishment of all showers.

Alanna: However, the details I have right now are that the work at Disney's BoardWalk Villas will be done around November 27. 2015. So there may be nothing going on at the time of your December trip.

Alanna: Just keep in mind that dates are subject to change without notice.

so i am throwing this out there..... anyone else have any input?

They are adding the murphy bed to the studios and changing out soft goods. Plus painting.

They are adding the murphy bed to the studios and changing out soft goods. Plus painting.
Are you saying they are only refurbishing the studios? I really need to know because we have our vacation booked. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I stayed in a refurbished 1 bedroom last week - 5th floor. The teacup lamp is gone. The same refurbishments as were done in the studio were done -- laminate flooring in kitchen, living and entry (this makes pulling out the sofa bed tricky-the whole sofa slides across the floor when you "pull-out"). The curtains, bedding, furniture were all new or redone as well. The kitchen had new backsplash and counters, the bathrooms were "spiffed up". If anyone has specific questions I will try to answer them.

I specifically requested "high floor" because I had heard they were starting top-down. There is new carpeting in the hallways outside the refurbed rooms, and from the look of it in the villa side, only about 20-30 rooms had been done (at least on the Boardwalk view side).

Thank you for your response. I'm just confused because I read other posts Saying the same thing but then member services tells me they are only renovating the studios.... it's a little confusing!

Thank you though! Can't wait to check it out on our trip in December!

The studios are getting refurbed as well as all the others. It's just that they are getting more things done/added to them. Or taken away if you look at the dresser/drawers becoming the new murphy bed.. All the other rooms are being done...I believe carpeting, tiles in bathroom, and cabinets and stuff...

That is great news about them adding murphy beds to the studios! That means they'll sleep five, am I right?

We just returned from WDW two days ago. Boardwalk villas studios have few refurbished and all studios will be done by end of year that manager told us.

We stayed in a refurbed 1-bedroom over Memorial Day weekend. 5th floor, close to the stairs that lead to the DHS path close to the Swan. It was lovely!

I'm sure it's probably nice, but the pictures I've seen are less-than-magical. They've stripped the rooms of any Disney character. I'm tempted to request a non-refurbished room (if one is available) for our visit in July.

We stayed in room 5094, a 1BR, the week of May 17. It was completely refurbished. The floors in the living and kitchen area were laminate, and the carpet in the BR was new. The kitchen backsplash was new. All the furniture was new. We loved the room, and there are still hidden Mickeys there if you look!

Does anyone have photos of the refurbished studios? I'm taking my 14 yr old son and his best friend in early July to celebrate the end of middle school. The murphy bed would be AWESOME as we would actually be able to put one of them on the pull-out couch and the other on the murphy bed (they can swap if needed). I haven't stayed at Boardwalk since around 2005.

With any luck, one of these updated rooms will be available. Anyone had any luck with requesting a refurbished room?

Does anyone have photos of the refurbished studios? I'm taking my 14 yr old son and his best friend in early July to celebrate the end of middle school. The murphy bed would be AWESOME as we would actually be able to put one of them on the pull-out couch and the other on the murphy bed (they can swap if needed). I haven't stayed at Boardwalk since around 2005.

With any luck, one of these updated rooms will be available. Anyone had any luck with requesting a refurbished room?

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...illas-information-thread-2015.3344344/page-49

Not a fan of the refurbishment. It's nice. But it's not magical. I miss the crazy mis-matched designs and fabrics and bright colors that said, "This is a beach place. Kick off your shoes and relax." But that's me. I'm sure others adore it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter