Boardwalk pool

AllieBoo

DIS Veteran
Hi, we stayed at Yacht Club for part of our last trip and loved SAB. I am considering staying at Boardwalk this time, but I am afraid we will be disappointed with the pool. If you've stayed at both, how do the two compare?

TIA!

The pool at BWI is just your standard hole in the ground with a clown slide that is said to give a pretty good ride. I think the pool at the Beach and Yacht Clubs is more interesting with more areas to hang out in. The sand on the bottom really feels good on your feet at Stormalong Bay so that's another check mark in favor of the Beach and Yacht club's pool.

I love the variety at Stormalong Bay. It doesn't feel like a big circle with everyone staring at each other like you find with the Boardwalk Inn's feature pool. That's just my experience and opinion.

Have a great vacation!
~NM

It's a very nice resort pool. It has a slide, there's a poolside bar where you can get a pina colada. And you can go for a nice swim.

We saw none of the volleyball/ kids games we enjoyed at SAB. There's no lazy river, none of the other things that make SAB the best pool on the property. But we certainly weren't disappointed-- it was exactly as advertised: a nice pool.

The pool itself is nothing special and can't hold up against SAB. However, it has THE best slide on property.

I agree with this...fun slide at BW. I think the pools at BW are fine, but they are nothing like SAB. They are regular pools.

Last edited:
Do they still have the clown on the water slide? We couldn't stay there because a family member has a clown phobia (really).

They don't really compare at all, but we actually prefer the BWI pool to SAB. SAB is really spread out so there is no place you can actually swim. At BWI, DH and DS9 can do swimming races together and have some space. We also like it because the slide is super fun (yes, it's a clown) and you can see the kids the whole time they are walking up to the slide and waiting for the slide. You don't have to leave the pool area and cross a pathway to get to the slide. The pool bar is also right inside the pool area, so you don't have to leave the pool or take your eyes off your child in order to get a drink or snack. They also have really cute pool parties.

I don't think you can really compare the two. The pool at BW is just a hole in the ground with water in it as a previous poster stated. Their is nothing special about it and I would not book this resort just for the pool. SAB is the far better pool overall. I don't think you can fairly compare it to any pool on property.

Do they still have the clown on the water slide? We couldn't stay there because a family member has a clown phobia (really).

Many people have that phobia including me.

And some of us have overcome it for that slide. It's a great slide. And when you think about it, everyone is sliding their rears down its tongue, so we are tormenting the clown. Getting it back for scaring us.

It's actually been quite good for my own phobia, weirdly enough.

Oh! And since when you're on the slide you don't see the face, it works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter