Boardwalk pool closure

HerMajesty

Earning My Ears
ARGH! My family and are are staying at the Boardwalk in a few weeks and we received an email stating the Luna Pool and slide are going to be closed until mid month - and the slide all month!!!

We worked so hard to pick the right resort. It says we can use the Beach Club pool but I don't want to get on a bus just to swim. I know there are bigger problems in this world but I'm just upset that we were just notified, after our final payment was due. I called to try to switch but everywhere is full.

Anyone know any additional details?

The Beach Club is right across the lake, no need for a bus. You can walk or take the boat and in my opinion it is a MUCH nicer pool with a great slide. It may be a little inconvenient but you'll love it.

ARGH! My family and are are staying at the Boardwalk in a few weeks and we received an email stating the Luna Pool and slide are going to be closed until mid month - and the slide all month!!!

We worked so hard to pick the right resort. It says we can use the Beach Club pool but I don't want to get on a bus just to swim. I know there are bigger problems in this world but I'm just upset that we were just notified, after our final payment was due. I called to try to switch but everywhere is full.

Anyone know any additional details?

No need to take a bus to BC, it's about a 3 minute stroll.

We got the same notice today for our stay next month and I'm so pumped about it. Get to stay at our beloved BWV and use SAB. Best of both worlds for us!

I completely agree!

OP, it's a walkable distance. They've had golf carts in the past. The boat is another option.

In Dec 2015 we stayed at BWV while the pool slide was broken. We were able to use SAB. We just had to tell a BW lifeguard that we wanted to go to SAB and they directed us to a golf cart. We were driven over to the BC. I was so happy because I love SAB! We decided to just walk back to BW but we could have gotten a cart again. It will be okay, OP. They really are very close!

We are staying at BWV early Feb, so I was checking out the Yacht and Beach Club post for info on the pool. I saw this:

Beach & Yacht Club Resorts: Stormalong Bay Pool Slide closed for refurbishment January 30 – February 10, 2017.

So we will have no slide available because they will both be closed while we are there. :( And the weather was looking nice too.

The notice says the work on the pool should be done in February but the slide will be closed through early March. I'm thinking about switching to BWV for early March - will they allow use of Stormalong Bay if the Luna pool is open but slide closed, I wonder?

I have clients in the same situation and noticed that the email mentioned transportation provided. So I think they will have golf carts to take you over to Stormalong Bay, which is awesome. As others have mentioned, it's also a very short walk over to that pool at the BC/YC.

The notice says the work on the pool should be done in February but the slide will be closed through early March. I'm thinking about switching to BWV for early March - will they allow use of Stormalong Bay if the Luna pool is open but slide closed, I wonder?
I have read on here that the slide at Stormalong Bay will also be closed during some of the same time. I don't believe in that case they would offer use of SAB to you since they may not have an open slide anyway.

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter