• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk activities

APiratesLifeForMe2

DIS Veteran
I really wish Southwest flights would be available 11 months out to make our DVC planning a bit easier, but I digress. We booked a 5 night stay in May at GFV but then flights were released and now we need to fly in a day early due to flight schedules. I snagged a room at BWV for the night before and we were planning a flight that landed at MCO at 8pm. My 6 year old son and I decided to watch a video tour of community hall at BWV and now he insists we need to go there on our trip. This had me thinking about changing our flight to earlier in the day but the only other option is $30 more a person and we would land at 8am instead. DH is a bit worried if there will be enough to do until our room is ready, adding in we will have been up since around 3am.
We have only stayed at Boardwalk once before and it was only for a night. There will be 4 adults, 6 year old and a 14 month old who doesn't have a great track record with enjoying Disney vacations.

I would stick with what you have! BWV has history of late room ready, and SUPPOSE with Covid restrictions there isn’t much to to at the Community Hall.

I snagged a room at BWV for the night before and we were planning a flight that landed at MCO at 8pm. My 6 year old son and I decided to watch a video tour of community hall at BWV and now he insists we need to go there on our trip.

How old was the video? If it was Pre-COVID, you might want to post on the Boardwalk thread to find out what activities are offered at the BWV Community Hall these days.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-boardwalk-inn-information-questions.3344344/

The entertainment at BW is only at night. Besides the pool, arcade and the community hall, you are limited to daytime activies. Of course, you can ride the skyliner, you can also walk to Fantasia gardens and play mini golf as well.
Yes I was thinking possible skyliner over to Riviera since my in-laws have not seen it yet and have not been in the skyliner. Plus my son and I love the cafe there (me for coffee, him for a pastry) I didn't know mini golf was in walking distance. That's good to know.

How old was the video? If it was Pre-COVID, you might want to post on the Boardwalk thread to find out what activities are offered at the BWV Community Hall these days.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-boardwalk-inn-information-questions.3344344/

Oh good point! I went back and it was January of 2021 and it looked like everything my son liked they were doing in the video so I think we are safe there.

I would stick with what you have! BWV has history of late room ready, and SUPPOSE with Covid restrictions there isn’t much to to at the Community Hall.
I went back and checked and the video was taken since Covid so there was plenty that my son wanted to do that will be open. DH and I said we need to plan room ready after dinner time if we go this route and be pleasantly surprised if it's early. That's why I am wanting to make sure we would have enough to do until after dinner.

Ok so I need to go watch some pool tour videos but I am thinking we arrive around 10am at the resort, explore for a bit, maybe do a lunch within walking distance. Skyliner over to Riviera, hand out at community hall for a bit, maybe let the kids play in the pool, then eat dinner nearby. My son also has been intrigued by the surry bikes (how do you spell that anyway) so maybe ride those. Nap on the open grass if we are pooped (ha!) only joking, sort of.

I really wish Southwest flights would be available 11 months out to make our DVC planning a bit easier, but I digress. We booked a 5 night stay in May at GFV but then flights were released and now we need to fly in a day early due to flight schedules. I snagged a room at BWV for the night before and we were planning a flight that landed at MCO at 8pm. My 6 year old son and I decided to watch a video tour of community hall at BWV and now he insists we need to go there on our trip. This had me thinking about changing our flight to earlier in the day but the only other option is $30 more a person and we would land at 8am instead. DH is a bit worried if there will be enough to do until our room is ready, adding in we will have been up since around 3am.
We have only stayed at Boardwalk once before and it was only for a night. There will be 4 adults, 6 year old and a 14 month old who doesn't have a great track record with enjoying Disney vacations.
Here is the Boardwalk activities schedule for this month (January 2022) - https://www.disboards.com/attachments/1642472781860-png.639970/.

Boardwalk also has some nice inside areas to relax in. The ice cream shop is delicious. Your plan for the day looks like a good one. We have also walked to Disney Studios just to take the Skyliner.

Maybe spend the night at the MCO Hyatt and save the points for another time. We do this on trips as a way to extend our points when we fly in late in the day. It's kind of fun to stay in the airport. Just a suggestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter