Boardwalk 2023 Renovation schedule

Now that we can get annual passes, we are looking at going over Christmas and New Years week 2023. We will likely just book Saratoga for now as we have points there and at BW. I know this is the busiest week of the year but any thoughts on if any rooms for BW will open for this week as it gets closer and they finish refurbing some rooms? I am wondering if anything was available for December and January and is just gone or if they never made much available due to the refurb date unknowns.

NYE will be the main challenge, even though the 7 month window isn't even open yet. (I'm assuming you want a studio, and as you know, those are all already booked up for 12/31/23).

If you haven't already, I'd waitlist - not for the whole vacation, but maybe for NYE and a day or two before or after. Then book or waitlist the last portion if/when the waitlist works. This means you have to risk a split stay. Not everyone wants to do that. If you go that route, book your SSR reservation in two segments so that you can replace SSR nights with the BWV reservation(s) that come through on the waitlist.

Another option is to consider a 1 bedroom. Those are more expensive, but also more likely to become available via the waitlist.

Good luck!

Following along! I can't wait to see the concept art for our home resort. I love what they did with the inn side. We are booked in a studio for spring break next year and are hoping the refurb is finished!

Anxiously awaiting the concept art! BRV did a fantastic full refurb and I love the theming they gave us! I’m really worried about BWV after seeing photos of the Inn side. It seems very bland.

Any updates on BWV getting started on the renovations? Was really wishing we could have a new room for our December trip.

Anxiously awaiting the concept art! BRV did a fantastic full refurb and I love the theming they gave us! I’m really worried about BWV after seeing photos of the Inn side. It seems very bland.

Same! I'm crossing my fingers décor isn't similar to the Inn side. It's not horrible, but I'm not loving it either.

Any updates on the BWV refurb? We're heading down that the end of January and I would love to have a shot at a refurbished room! (Probably a pipe dram at this point, but still...)

Any updates on the BWV refurb? We're heading down that the end of January and I would love to have a shot at a refurbished room! (Probably a pipe dram at this point, but still...)

If you have a BW view booked, great chance as those are slated to start soon.

The other views don’t appear to be starting until January.

If you have a BW view booked, great chance as those are slated to start soon.

The other views don’t appear to be starting until January.

Thanks for the quick reply!

We're currently booked for a 1BR Std view. Maybe they'll throw us over to the new ones? A girl can dream!

I would love to see some pictures of what's coming, but can't find anything anywhere.

Thanks for the quick reply!

We're currently booked for a 1BR Std view. Maybe they'll throw us over to the new ones? A girl can dream!

I would love to see some pictures of what's coming, but can't find anything anywhere.
Did you book with DVC points or with cash through Disney? I ask because ALL the DVC points Standard view category villas were blocked from being booked starting shortly after New Year’s through late February/early March, but I think the Disney cash Standard view category might be different.

Did you book with DVC points or with cash through Disney? I ask because ALL the DVC points Standard view category villas were blocked from being booked starting shortly after New Year’s through late February/early March, but I think the Disney cash Standard view category might be different.
I booked cash through Disney as we're not 100% certain this trip will happen and I'm HOPING for discounts during that time that will bring us closer to what we'd have paid to book DVC resale.

Cash standard is really just ROH (Run of the House) - you can end up anywhere the room assigner can fit you in. However at BWV, it's virtually always Pool/Garden.

Cash standard is really just ROH (Run of the House) - you can end up anywhere the room assigner can fit you in. However at BWV, it's virtually always Pool/Garden.

I checked my rezzie and you're correct, it is pool/garden, not actually a std view booked. I generally always book std, so thought that was what it was this time, too. :)

I checked my rezzie and you're correct, it is pool/garden, not actually a std view booked. I generally always book std, so thought that was what it was this time, too. :)
In that case you should have a chance at a refurbished room. Disney hasn’t said, but speculation is that because all of the BW view villas are blocked from September to November, that’s when they’ll be working on (and finishing) those villas and the P/G view villas across the hall from them. So hopefully you’ll get one of those in January!

I'm not staying at BWV again until the beginning of June next year and I'm trying to stay optimistic that the refurb will be completed by then, however, I am still nervous until they actually get started and release any artist renderings or model pictures yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter