• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue's Road Trip - Part II ~ New 5/6: It Pays To Have Connections!!

We planned on waking up early so that Goofy & I could try out Shark Reef without having to wait in a long line. Did that happen? Nooooooooo. Well, we did get up fairly early, the problem was getting ready and out the door on time.

We never bring very much to the water park. I packed a few things into my bag including the camera and dug out the new Crocs I bought for DH. It’s the only time he said he would wear them.

Before our trip I bought FAKE Crocs for all of us. I remember Buzz asking in my pre-trip report what the difference was between the real & fake shoes. I told him I didn’t know – the price I guess?

Here are the fake crocs:

8a2768d6.jpg

e7946b12.jpg

The next hurdle was the bus stop. For some strange reason we ended up having to wait 45 minutes for a bus to Typhoon Lagoon. We’re definitely going to take the car to the water parks this summer if I have anything to say about it! Grumpy prefers the bus. He says he’s on vacation and doesn’t want to be bothered having to drive anywhere since the transportation is already available. Hooboy. I do agree with him when it comes to the 4 main parks but not for DTD or TL.

48f9fe37.jpg

0a8703f4.jpg

Once we arrived, we rented a locker and some towels and made our way down the path in search of a shady area to put our stuff.

decdf7bc.jpg

8d6044ec.jpg

9b10759b.jpg

You all know how hard it is to find a good location if you’re late getting there. We gave up on the shady area and tried to find an empty chair or two. Sheesh – the place was packed and just when I was about to give up I spotted 6 empty chairs in a circle. As I started placing our towels and bags down on one of them, a woman came running over and said:

CrabbyLady: That’s our chair!

Me: Eh? [Looking at the EMPTY chairs]
Me: Uh....there are six chairs here!

CrabbyLady: Yes & they are all ours!

Me: OH...well can we have one of them to use?

CrabbyLady: No, there are 6 of us here & we’ve saved them.

Me: But you’re the only one here.........

CrabbyLady: The others are swimming right now and will be back later. If you wanted a chair, you should have made it to the park earlier.

Me: [I tsked her and moved on]

As I was walking away another woman called me over, moved some stuff off of a chair and offered it to me. I thanked her and motioned for the others to come over. I wondered what DH was doing anyways and only later found out that he was enjoying my dilemma from afar & was photographing me the entire time! :mad:

5e934754.jpg

Me & the CrabbyLady!

By then the heat was starting to get to me and I suggested we hit the wave pool first to cool off before deciding where to go next. We all removed our FAKE CROCS and headed for the water.

The wave pool is awesome! After taking a few pictures of my gang, I walked out as far as I could & swam over to DH and hung onto him because it was over my head (he’s much taller than me). When the big waves would come, I’d let get and swim with them usually crashing into someone because I keep my eyes closed the entire time.

2ebc51c8.jpg

ba6943ba.jpg

082e4261.jpg

They wear their T-shirts because they burn easily!

The girls wouldn’t come out past their waist and kept calling me to join them, which I did after having some of my own fun first.

When we tired of that, Goofy & went over to the Shark Reef and decided against it for a second year in a row because the wait was too long. Instead we headed for the Lazy River. That’s the girl’s favourite at TL.

After I made sure the girls had their tubes, I caught the next one and was off. DH was right behind me and I began talking to him without looking back. I can’t remember the conversation exactly but it was something about “this being the life”. After realizing he wasn’t answering me, I turned around and he wasn’t there. Instead I was almost face to face with another man who was grinning ear to ear at me. I was so embarrassed, I merely said “OH”. I scanned the crowd behind him and noticed DH much further back & off to the side. I made my way over to him and this time hung onto his tube as we floated along.

After that we decided to go have lunch. DH & JoJo ordered some burgers & fries while Goofy & I went in search of a table. As we waited, we saw a bird leave its droppings in a kid’s salad and it reminded me of our last trip except it was MY fries! I left Goofy at the table so that I could help DH with the food and to make sure mine was covered so it wouldn’t happen again.

When we finished, the four of us walked around the food court and took a few pictures. Here are some of a play area where they have games for the kiddies.

2c6b0c8a.jpg

fe5a4472.jpg

979d0448.jpg

a16dd353.jpg

The girls meet the real deal!!!! Yahooty – it’s STITCH!!!

3d90692f.jpg

04f430e3.jpg

Next we went on Crush N Gusher with almost no wait. I guess the park was starting to clear out. When the ride was over we got back in line and went a second time.

DH & I decided to go back to the wave pool and the girls left for the Lazy River. I told them to meet us back at our spot for 3:00.

436e80af.jpg

3cb9f463.jpg

78ef3b3d.jpg

22d8ecb8.jpg

9b5f3787.jpg

The strangest thing happened when we went to gather our belongings. All of a sudden, DH yelled, “HEY MY CROCS SHRUNK!”
I did a double-take. What?? :eek: Did I hear him right? Wait a minute! I looked down at his feet and sure enough his FAKE CROCS did shrink!!! He couldn’t fit his feet into them properly. His heels were hanging over the back and the sides looked very tight.

I noticed a few others looking over at us curiously. I was hoping they didn’t hear - what I first thought -that I had heard. I tried mine on and they were fine, same with the girls but we had ours covered with our belongings and his were a darker colour – black.

DH grumbled all the way to the bus stop asking why I bought cheap shoes. Oops. :rotfl2: The girls & I couldn’t stop laughing at him, watching him shuffling along with his now too small crocs. He finally took them off and only put them back on to get on & off the bus. Once we reached our room he threw the shoes in the garbage.

Up Next: DH Forgets the Tickets to HDD

First of all......Crocs=not my favorite shoe...but too funny about the shrinkage.

Castaway Creek aka the Lazy River.....Heaven......

I'm thinking of trying the Evening EMH at TL next summer if they still offer it.

Also funny that your DH took pictures of your "encounter". People don't have to be rude.

I have a favorite place, but you'll have to PM to find out because it's hidden--sort of, but still really close to the wave pool.

All right Blue it's about time..

Look who's talking I am so far behind on reading trip reports here I had cob webs on my log-in

I know!! I was looking for your DL TR the other night!!

and mom...we havn't even gone to disney world yet and you and dad are thinking about not going next year. maybe we could convince him *please dad:worship: please dad:worship: please DAD!!!!!!*

Not going to WDW is just plain Un-American. Oh wait. never mind!

Don't worry about the fake crocs thing. The real ones can't withstand Moan Boy. He's ruined 2 pairs so far this summer. I actually bought him fake ones last time to save $ and they've held up better than his real ones. Although they haven't been in water.

He came home from school one day with one of his Mickey crocs taped together where he'd broken it. For some dumb reason, I saved both of them-the broken one and the good one and now LA is wearing the good Mickey one (which is blue and green) while wearing one of her Mickey ones which is purple and pink. She looks like a nut. :headache:

The Croc story is hilarious! I'm not a fan of that style...but at least I know if I'm gonna get them, get the real deal. My DH would have never let me live down the whole shrinkage issue. :lmao: TL is great-our fave of the two water parks. I'm wishing I was there right now. You got a lot of great shots! Oh, you asked how old my Rae was...14 going on 40! :rotfl: Yes, I know all the girls my DD hangs with are way into Jack Skellington, so definitely something with the teens.

hahaha, dad's crocks. boy, was that funny.

and gotta love the lazy river it is by far my FAV! you don't have to worry about getting stuck in a tunnel or being affraid of the dark..i mean...thoughs tubes are dark man! and not to mention seeing that one episode of the simpsons were Homer get's stuck going down the tube..i've been worried that could really happen..
.....yup...i'll stick with the lazy river. the only thing you gotta worry about however, is cutting your feet on the sides of it...it's sorta sharp..

good times!!

Real Crocs shrink too! I left one of my Crocs Athens on our back deck in full sunlight and it shrunk 2 inches. (I only left one because I spilled iced tea on it and left it out to dry after rinsing.) I can't believe it shrunk that much. So, I tested it by putting the other one out in the sun and, sure enough, it shrunk up too!! Totally sucks as REAL CROCS are expensive! :mad:

Come visit Fairy Godmothers!

Firstly what a horrid grumpy lady, why do people feel the need to hog so many chairs/sunbeds? :mad:

Sorry but the crocs shrinking was pretty funny :rotfl:

HI Blue, you need to tell Grumpy it's better to drive, I always rent a car:thumbsup2

Crocs shrinking - between you and DM, I know to cover mine up this summer!

This year you really need to try Shark Reef, it's worth it!

I must say... shrinking croc story.... very funny :lmao: Where did u get them??? Just so I know not to get Crocs there :rotfl: or fake Crocs anyways hehe

Sounds like a good day at TL :)

First of all......Crocs=not my favorite shoe...but too funny about the shrinkage.

Castaway Creek aka the Lazy River.....Heaven......

I'm thinking of trying the Evening EMH at TL next summer if they still offer it.

Also funny that your DH took pictures of your "encounter". People don't have to be rude.

I have a favorite place, but you'll have to PM to find out because it's hidden--sort of, but still really close to the wave pool.

Oops...I thought I had the name wrong. That might be the Canadian name at one of our water parks :rolleyes1

Isn't the EMH at the water parks only for like one hour?

Oh DH is funny all right :sad2:

I will definately have to PM you!!! :yay:

Not going to WDW is just plain Un-American. Oh wait. never mind!

Do you think going to WDW every year makes us half American? ;)

Linnie said:
Don't worry about the fake crocs thing. The real ones can't withstand Moan Boy. He's ruined 2 pairs so far this summer. I actually bought him fake ones last time to save $ and they've held up better than his real ones. Although they haven't been in water.

He came home from school one day with one of his Mickey crocs taped together where he'd broken it. For some dumb reason, I saved both of them-the broken one and the good one and now LA is wearing the good Mickey one (which is blue and green) while wearing one of her Mickey ones which is purple and pink. She looks like a nut. :headache:

Too cute about LA wearing different crocs :laughing: :goodvibes

I need new crocs this year and I think I'll still pick up some fake ones. WDW is really the only time I use them and sometimes around the yard here. Pixie chews them to shreds :sad2:

Very nice to hear from you Linnie :hug:

The Croc story is hilarious! I'm not a fan of that style...but at least I know if I'm gonna get them, get the real deal. My DH would have never let me live down the whole shrinkage issue. :lmao: TL is great-our fave of the two water parks. I'm wishing I was there right now. You got a lot of great shots! Oh, you asked how old my Rae was...14 going on 40! :rotfl: Yes, I know all the girls my DD hangs with are way into Jack Skellington, so definitely something with the teens.

I wish I was there right now also! We've been having a cool rainy summer here :headache:

Only one month to go :yay:
We're going to really enjoy the sun this year!!!!

14 going on 40 sounds familiar :sad2:

Wait till she turns 17 :laughing:

hahaha, dad's crocks. boy, was that funny.

and gotta love the lazy river it is by far my FAV! you don't have to worry about getting stuck in a tunnel or being affraid of the dark..i mean...thoughs tubes are dark man! and not to mention seeing that one episode of the simpsons were Homer get's stuck going down the tube..i've been worried that could really happen..
.....yup...i'll stick with the lazy river. the only thing you gotta worry about however, is cutting your feet on the sides of it...it's sorta sharp..

good times!!

I must have missed that episode of the Simpsons :3dglasses

Real Crocs shrink too! I left one of my Crocs Athens on our back deck in full sunlight and it shrunk 2 inches. (I only left one because I spilled iced tea on it and left it out to dry after rinsing.) I can't believe it shrunk that much. So, I tested it by putting the other one out in the sun and, sure enough, it shrunk up too!! Totally sucks as REAL CROCS are expensive! :mad:

Not funny when it's the real deal :eek:
At least I only paid $6.00 for mine ;)

Firstly what a horrid grumpy lady, why do people feel the need to hog so many chairs/sunbeds? :mad:

Sorry but the crocs shrinking was pretty funny :rotfl:

I dunno...we should have made it there sooner but that never seems to happen with us :mad:

It was funny! Especially since it wasn't my crocs :teeth:

HI Blue, you need to tell Grumpy it's better to drive, I always rent a car:thumbsup2

Crocs shrinking - between you and DM, I know to cover mine up this summer!

This year you really need to try Shark Reef, it's worth it!

I've told him! :headache:

Yes, definately cover them up Mo ::yes::

Goofy and I will make another attempt at Shark Reef this summer even if we have to wait.

BTW - sorry I haven't gotten back to you - I will soon :hug:

I must say... shrinking croc story.... very funny :lmao: Where did u get them??? Just so I know not to get Crocs there :rotfl: or fake Crocs anyways hehe

Sounds like a good day at TL :)

I bought them at a local chain store. I don't think it's an American line so you don't have to worry ;)

Are you planning on going to the water park this summer Tanya?

You can't sneak by me! :banana:

Strangely enough, I've missed those Stretchy Shorts :lmao: :goodvibes

We got that option this time.... I don't like being in a swimsuit in public however so we'll see how that goes lol

We got that option this time.... I don't like being in a swimsuit in public however so we'll see how that goes lol

I feel the same way. You could always wear a T-Shirt over top. Lots of people do, especially those that burn easily.

Well, we did get up fairly early, the problem was getting ready and out the door on time.

You should have laid out your clothes the night before so you didn’t keep your family waiting. :rotfl:

Grumpy prefers the bus. He says he’s on vacation and doesn’t want to be bothered having to drive anywhere since the transportation is already available.

I have to side with Grumpy on this one. :rolleyes1

5e934754.jpg

Me & the CrabbyLady!

No wonder she’s Crabby, look at what she’s wearing, where are the fashion police when you need them. :confused3

I keep my eyes closed the entire time.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

082e4261.jpg

Who’s the lady on the left side of the picture? :thumbsup2

After I made sure the girls had their tubes, I caught the next one and was off. DH was right behind me and I began talking to him without looking back. I can’t remember the conversation exactly but it was something about “this being the life”. After realizing he wasn’t answering me, I turned around and he wasn’t there. Instead I was almost face to face with another man who was grinning ear to ear at me. I was so embarrassed, I merely said “OH”. I scanned the crowd behind him and noticed DH much further back & off to the side. I made my way over to him and this time hung onto his tube as we floated along.

:lmao: He probably went back and told his wife this Crazy Canadian lady was trying to pick me up on the river

The strangest thing happened when we went to gather our belongings. All of a sudden, DH yelled, “HEY MY CROCS SHRUNK!”

That happens when its cold! :scared1:

Up Next: DH Forgets the Tickets to HDD

Oh this isn’t good

Great update Heidi :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter