• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

My initial thought is how there are not necessarily "best" rooms as different people will have different things that are important. The map allows people to see where certain types of rooms are and then request for an area. Requesting specific rooms is not the best way to do request - it's better to request generals such as high floor etc.
I actually recently contacted MS about this exact "issue". I wanted to know what requests I could make... how they were noted... when the request was enacted... and at what point I would know. I had heard things here (and they were confirmed), but I wanted to hear from them. Of course, they replied with a generic response, but like you mention, requests are better and more easily filled if you can keep it somewhat general. High Floor. North tower.

Hello fellow members!! I need your help!! I am going to WDW 9/3- 9/13..now, the 1st 2 nights, i was going to stay at the Marriott outside Disney and then checking in on 9/5 for 8 nights at Caribbean Beach with park tickets and free dining. Tonight, i decided to check online to see if there are any studio rooms available in any of the DVC resorts and BLT tower had 2 nights available, so i grabbed it. Since Boardwalk is my home resort and stayed there most of the time, however, I have NEVER stayed at the BLT. I am getting a "standard view" studio room...which is fine, i am blessed and grateful to get any room at DVC...

so, what i am asking is , what room should i request to get that best standard room? It is our 25th wedding anniversary and in fact, my DH does NOT know i booked this. (he still thinks we staying at the Marriott!! ha ha!!) and he won't know we staying at the BLT until i pulled into the parking lot the day of check in.... While, I don't expect to get a MK or lake view since i am only utilizing standard view but are there better "standard" view than others?

Also, am i correct that we can to the Top of the World and watch Wishes? I am not going to any parks until after we check out BLT and checking in at CBR so we just going to hang out and swim, boating, etc. and just enjoying relaxing before we hit the parks for the week. I am just so excited to be able to finally stay at the BLT!! Since the last time i stayed at the Contemporary was in the 70's in my childhood!

i did read the map on page 1 but i am so confused!! It sure not like my home at the Boardwalk, where the room layouts seems so simple! LOL!!!!
I would say you want to ask for an even numbered room as if you are lucky you'll get one that scans across the parking lot towards MK/the monorail. Some will add to ask for North side (better chance of seeing the MK) but I tend to keep requests to one in the hope that they can accommodate it. That said, with such a short stay you are probably subject to whatever longer stays are occurring in and around yours.

Hi there - what is the best way to word my room request if we have a 1BR lake view, and are hoping to get a peek at the MK also? I've read to ask for high floor, even number….is that correct? Thanks!

Hi there - what is the best way to word my room request if we have a 1BR lake view, and are hoping to get a peek at the MK also? I've read to ask for high floor, even number….is that correct? Thanks!
Even number, north tower. Those are the only lake-view rooms with a chance of seeing the park.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a 2 BR Magic Kingdom view other than just an high floor or does that pretty well cover it for that type of room?

Thanks for any advice.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a 2 BR Magic Kingdom view other than just an high floor or does that pretty well cover it for that type of room?

Thanks for any advice.
We also requested " direct MK view, " but didn't get it. We were all the way on the end closest to the CR and it was sort of a bummer. We had to crowd in the corner of the balcony and stand sideways to see Wishes, and had to go all the way to the living room glass to see the MK. I posted a ton of pics in this thread somewhere!

Here is a picture from Room 7625, studio
baylakeview.jpg

We also requested " direct MK view, " but didn't get it. We were all the way on the end closest to the CR and it was sort of a bummer. We had to crowd in the corner of the balcony and stand sideways to see Wishes, and had to go all the way to the living room glass to see the MK. I posted a ton of pics in this thread somewhere!

I didn't think of that. That is a good idea to request a direct MK view. I think I'll add that request. Thanks!

I didn't think of that. That is a good idea to request a direct MK view. I think I'll add that request. Thanks!
What does "direct" mean? All Theme Park View rooms should be considered a direct view. If you want a certain spot, request "a room ending in xx20" or something like that. You need to allow some flexibility, but not interpretation.

Thanks for any advice.

It depends whether you have a dedicated 2 BR or a lock-off 2 BR. The dedicated 2 BR are located in rooms ending in 16, 22, 24, 30. The rooms ending in 22 and 24 are at the exact center of the BLT "C" and have the most direct views of MK and the GF which it sounds like you are hoping for. If you have a dedicated 2 BR, I'd request high floor, and a room ending in 22 or 24, but definitely not ending in 30 (not a direct MK view like 22 or 24) as was also pointed out by a previous poster. The 2 BR lock-offs are located in rooms ending in 18/20 and 26/28. You would be fine in any of those units, although 28 would be less direct than the others.

We stayed in a dedicated 2 BR in February and requested high floor and any room not ending in "30". We got the highest floor just below the GV and a room ending in 24 (center of the "C"). Awesome view.....much like Vegas, the MK never "sleeps". There was an amazing amount of activity all night long.

What does "direct" mean? All Theme Park View rooms should be considered a direct view. If you want a certain spot, request "a room ending in xx20" or something like that. You need to allow some flexibility, but not interpretation.

All theme park views are not created equally. People have routinely complained about the view from the rooms ending in "30"; it's more a view of the Contemporary than the MK.

It depends whether you have a dedicated 2 BR or a lock-off 2 BR. The dedicated 2 BR are located in rooms ending in 16, 22, 24, 30. The rooms ending in 22 and 24 are at the exact center of the BLT "C" and have the most direct views of MK and the GF which it sounds like you are hoping for. If you have a dedicated 2 BR, I'd request high floor, and a room ending in 22 or 24, but definitely not ending in 30 (not a direct MK view like 22 or 24) as was also pointed out by a previous poster. The 2 BR lock-offs are located in rooms ending in 18/20 and 26/28. You would be fine in any of those units, although 28 would be less direct than the others.

We stayed in a dedicated 2 BR in February and requested high floor and any room not ending in "30". We got the highest floor just below the GV and a room ending in 24 (center of the "C"). Awesome view.....much like Vegas, the MK never "sleeps". There was an amazing amount of activity all night long.

All theme park views are not created equally. People have routinely complained about the view from the rooms ending in "30"; it's more a view of the Contemporary than the MK.

Wow. Thanks so much. I didn't think of all of that. It is amazing the wealth of knowledge some of you have. I appreciate you sharing it with those of us who are lacking. :earboy2: FriendlyAdvice2, it seems like your request got fulfilled, how did you go about making the request?

Wow. Thanks so much. I didn't think of all of that. It is amazing the wealth of knowledge some of you have. I appreciate you sharing it with those of us who are lacking. :earboy2: FriendlyAdvice2, it seems like your request got fulfilled, how did you go about making the request?

You can either email MS or phone them to add your request to the reservation. I didn't see if you were renting points, but if you are then your owner can do the same. Also, this is just my preference, but I avoid doing online check-in (and the generic online room requests which appear to replace any you've made directly with MS) so that I can physcially go to the check-in desk and review my room location/options at that time. I've always had great success in doing this and for the BLT stay I cited above, I was actually able to choose between two different rooms (either of which would have been great) while standing right at the check in desk with no line....everyone's experience will probably be different though.

Here is room 8017 ... Lake View 2BR dedicated. We loved the room and its view. Nice view of the electric water pageant but also high enough to be quieter for people already sleeping to sleep right through it :) For folks who may stay here with little kids, the pack n play fit perfectly in the laundry room and our baby had some very good naps and overnights in there.

01a426179baa283ca2195ef89662897f08e3b15e12.jpg

Been looking at the point chart ad nauseum... The lake view and std view point difference is pretty miniscule over a 5 day period (3-4 points a night for a 2bd) at bay lake.

Wondering if I should just bite the bullet and do lake view first two weeks of December next year (2016). Ultimately a better view right?

I'm also stressing already about getting std 2bd at boardwalk at the 11mo mark for dec 1-7. That point difference matters!!

We plan on a 10-11 day trip at both BWV and BLT. Owner at both places. These room reports are awesome!!

Ultimately a better view right?
Not necessarily.

I've had a lake view unit on the interior (7435)...pretty much the only thing we could see was the opposite set of units on the other side of the interior. I've had a standard view on a lower floor (7404) with a nice view of the MK.

I think they need more room categories in BLT. Too much luck-of-the-draw when you pay a premium for park view.

You actually have a view of the lake even when your Lake view room is facing the other arm of the "C", but you will need to view it from the balcony. Many members think if they cannot see it from the bed in the room, there isn't any view, but DVC obviously labels views based on the balcony view.
When we had a lake view room facing the other "C" arm, I found I missed the view as I would often sit on the couch and could only see other rooms, luckily the weather was nice enough to sit outside, but then I

As to Theme Park view, it will depend on whether you are a "the glass is half full" or "half empty" type of personality. Many folks cannot get over the parking lot or the monorail tracks being the way. I remember being disappointed with our last Theme park view as we were on the fifth floor a few doors down from the south elevator lobby. I was a little disappointed that we could not really see the Seven Seas Lagoon because of the trees and the monorail track. But after watching the monorails during the day and the fireworks at MK the first night, I finally realized we had a great view plus easy access to CR.

Please help! We got our room # for BLT and it's for the 4th floor. We are using points for a TPV Studio. Isn't the 4th floor standard view????

At Epcot now but now need to head back to see if we can get a higher floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter