• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

I'd say 9th floor or higher. Look back on page one and check out the links for some of the views from the various floors to see which view seem better to you. That's what I did to help me with our requests for our October 2014 visit (lakeview, though, room 7905). We preferred the views from higher up. Others might disagree.

That's great. Thank you so much for the advice.

Sorry for the delay for getting these added, thanks to Ladyluck24 for the pics from 7317!

photo1.jpg
[/URL]
photo2.jpg
[/URL]
photo3.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks for adding my pics! Incidentally I noticed on the main page you listed 7317 as a standard view. As "standard" as those views are, it actually is classified as a lake view room---believe it or not!

First, let me say this thread is great. Thank you for all your hard work2play.

Second, it is very frustrating that DVC does not officially post which room numbers fall into which category, so the only thing we have to go off of is what has been posted here.

However, the room categories on page 1 of this thread still seem to reflect the original classifications except for the changes to the center tower where some of the rooms on the lower floors have been reclassified from their original MK view classification to standard view, but the rooms that have been "up categorized" from Standard views to Lake view do not appear to be correct on page 1 of this thread. Two examples:

1. We booked "lake View" and were assigned to room 7205, a dedicated 2bedroom. When I asked Member services if that was really a Lake view, or if it was actually a Standard view, and I should have therefore been charged less points, they told me it was a lake view, and I did not feel I could dispute that based on this thread.

2. We booked "lake View" and were assigned to room 7508, a studio. Again, when I asked Member services if that was really a Lake view, or if it was actually a Standard view, and I should have therefore been charged less points, they told me it was a lake view, and I did not feel I could dispute that based on this thread.

I understand that by "luck of the draw" even if you make location requests, someone has to get the least desirable of the Lake view rooms, and it seems these were just our times. However, it was frustrating to get what we thought, based on this thread, were Standard view rooms and be charged Lake view points. (However let me say IMHO 7508 was actually worth Lake view points, even though there are better Lake views, but 7205 really should still be classified as a Standard view.)

Anyone else with similar experiences on these, or other rooms?
If we could confirm which rooms currently shown as Standard view on page 1 of this thread have now actually been reclassified to Lake view, it would make this great thread even better.

Thanks again work2play.

When I asked Member services if that was really a Lake view, or if it was actually a Standard view...

Don't ask Member Services. Go to the front desk and ask them for the room category. I had this problem at BWV, and, after talking to the front desk, got it sorted out. I wouldn't expect Member Services to have any idea which rooms were what type.

When I asked Member services if that was really a Lake view, or if it was actually a Standard view, and I should have therefore been charged less points, they told me it was a lake view, and I did not feel I could dispute that based on this thread.

2. We booked "lake View" and were assigned to room 7508, a studio. Again, when I asked Member services if that was really a Lake view, or if it was actually a Standard view, and I should have therefore been charged less points, they told me it was a lake view, and I did not feel I could dispute that based on this thread.

I'd also agree that the avg MS CM will not know what room is classified for view and that would have been a question to ask the front desk at BLT. But even that answer doesn't matter a great deal and what you should do is if you are not happy with the classification of the room you received is to let member satisfaction know that. It really doesn't matter what it's classified, just that you didn't agree with it. That's how changes came about for theme park view classifications that were subsequently changed to standard and the same for AKV where some savannah views were changed to standard view.

#7308 Studio Lake View
On second floor. You can only see top of Space Mountain, but fireworks are visible. They are loud and you can also hear the Water Pageant music, but not see it. Not a good room if you turn in early.

Standing in center of balcony. View to left:

Straight on view:

View to right:

7308 is a lake view? They need to rethink that as a standard view.
According to the information in the first post, this is classified as a standard view, and is sorrounded by standard views above, below, and on either side. If I was booked into that room, I'd be looking for a refund.

From some of the posts here recently, it really seems like they've quietly reclassified some of the standard views as lake views. Maybe it would be a good question for the annual meeting if someone is there. (Or did it just happen already?)

We were there last week booked in a 2 bedroom standard view, received villa 7530. I didn't ask, but this room must have been recently downgraded from Theme Park View. We watched fireworks every night from the balcony! I could see where some may not like this room, you were in full view of everyone coming across the sky bridge.

9156452246_e1abd86cfd_c.jpg

9154226481_0c68e22aa0_c.jpg

9156451096_e7b86dc5f6_c.jpg

9166053549_8ac0862104_c.jpg

I'm staying in 7528, right next to 7530. It's a MK view room. No need for pics of the view since I can confirm...it is Exactly like these pics from 7530....a standard view!! I love my view but do people who get 7530 ever luck out...

Hi there!

We are staying at BLT for the first time in a studio Lake view. After seeing some of the room views I am very nervous that the view wont be worth the points- we are arriving at MCO at 5:45 pm so my concern is if we get a bad view by the time we check in all the good views will be gone and no chance of switching. :confused3 Do you think requesting High Floor would give us a decent chance of a nice lake view?

I'm staying in 7528, right next to 7530. It's a MK view room. No need for pics of the view since I can confirm...it is Exactly like these pics from 7530....a standard view!! I love my view but do people who get 7530 ever luck out...

My first stay at BLT was the MK view studio - 7428. It was supposedly changed to standard view in the reallocation. The 30's are also supposed to be MK view but it seems like they are assigning a bit loosely now between the different categories although even before the reallocation there were a couple of cases of different categories reported for the same room.

I tried to find some of the official releases from when they did the room changes. The official notices just said ten rooms were changed. One comment I found said that meant the 3rd and 4th floor rooms were changed, and the MK view started on the 5th. So the 7530 assigned as a standard could have been an "upgrade." I can understand your frustration though.

First of all, this is an amazing topic. Great contributions everyone!

I am somewhat stuck on which view to chose. Cost/point difference is not a driving factor. And I would be perfectly happy with some of the better lake views. Getting the outer rim north side lake views that also sees the park at an angle are even better than the straight theme park views. But it seems like you're rolling the dice and are just as like to end up with an inner rim lake view room that looks straight across to another room and only the lake at an angle. It's too bad there was no way to pay more to guarantee an outer side lake view. Not being able to do so has me thinking I'll stick with the theme park view because at least there you know what you're getting for the most part.

Does anyone have any luck with room number requests? What is the best way to do an actual room number request? From MS or on MDE? And when should I put it in? Also, can anyone suggest an area for Standard view for partial Wishes viewing?

Just want to say how excited we are for our first DVC stay here. The Contemporary has been an absolute dream for us in the past and cant even WAIT to experience BLT. So happy to be a part of the familY!!

Does anyone have any luck with room number requests? What is the best way to do an actual room number request? From MS or on MDE? And when should I put it in? Also, can anyone suggest an area for Standard view for partial Wishes viewing?

Just want to say how excited we are for our first DVC stay here. The Contemporary has been an absolute dream for us in the past and cant even WAIT to experience BLT. So happy to be a part of the familY!!

Room Number Request:
I would call member services to make the request. I do not think there is a place on MDE or on-line check-in to actually type in a room number request (unless that has changed recently). It never hurts to request a room number, though. You might get lucky and have that room available during your stay.

Standard Room with Wishes View
An even-numbered room on the north-facing side (tennis court side), or facing out towards the parking lot area are your best bets for a fireworks view from your room. Be sure to look at the pictures/descriptions on the first few posts to help you decide.

If you are a DVC member, watching wishes from the TWL area (top floor of BLT) is one of the best views. Also, the fireworks can be viewed from the CR viewing area as well (the same area you pass by when using the walkway from CR (4th floor) to BLT (5th floor). Both locations pipe in the music.

Not the best picture of Hallowishes fireworks from TWL. I took them with my cell phone, but it gives you an idea....

pPlGRwbl.jpg

Although BLT is not our home resort, we also LOVE staying there. It is an awesome location. Being able to walk to and from the resort to MK comes in handy some days.

Also, take some time to roast some marshmallows and watch a movie out "under the stars". My girls had fun doing that.

kqCMIODl.jpg

Yep...That's Frozen being played in the background...

RStjydml.jpg

You don't mention what room type you have reserved; a studio, one bedroom, etc.

It never hurts to request a room number, though.
I disagree with this advice. I think it can hurt. There are 133 total studios available at BLT, of which approximately 30 are "standard" view. If you request a specific room number, you have about a 3% chance of getting that room. So, for the other 97% of the time, the room assigner will have no idea why you wanted that room so they'll have no reason to give you something "similar." Mainly because they have no idea what "similar" would even mean.

It sounds like what you really want is "even numbered (outside) room, high floor, center or north tower." Of course, "standard" view only goes up to the 4th or 5th floor, so "high floor" might not work out well. You might try requesting "highest floor available, room ending in 08, 14, 18, or 26." That would give you a better shot at getting what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter