• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

This thread is great! We have a 1 bedroom standard view booked for a week at BLT in Jan. I am thinking of requesting a ground floor room facing the marina. Our last stay at BLT was a standard view room and we requested a higher floor and we got a great "almost MK view". We've stayed lake view and loved that too. So I'm hoping we can get a outer rimmed room looking out on the lake/marina/contemporary. Should we put in a generic request "ground floor, south side, facing marina" or request a specific room number. I've heard you have less of a chance getting your request if you request a specific room number. TIA.

We just checked into a dedicated to 2BR unit (7905) and the room(s) is (are) AMAZING! It is our first time staying here in a 2BR unit and we were shocked at how large they are. We LOVE having the three full bathrooms as well.

I will try to post some pictures as soon as I find a new photo-posting host site. I used to use Imageshack, but they have changed things around so much that I'm not sure how to use it correctly. Plus, they now charge a fee.

I am open to suggestions. ;) Something user-friendly and free, preferably. I do not "Facebook" or "Instagram", so that might limit things.

This thread is great! We have a 1 bedroom standard view booked for a week at BLT in Jan. I am thinking of requesting a ground floor room facing the marina. Our last stay at BLT was a standard view room and we requested a higher floor and we got a great "almost MK view". We've stayed lake view and loved that too. So I'm hoping we can get a outer rimmed room looking out on the lake/marina/contemporary. Should we put in a generic request "ground floor, south side, facing marina" or request a specific room number. I've heard you have less of a chance getting your request if you request a specific room number. TIA.

I would request south side facing marina low numbered floor. I requested specific rooms ending in certain numbers and at first got the opposite of what I requested before DH raised a ruckus and we got changed ( we are DVC owners so I am sure that helped in our favor to get the change) CM told me next time to request just north side low number high floor. ;)

Just got back from my trip. Only request was high floor, and got 7414. Room was decent for watching fireworks from balcony (though we couldn't keep balcony door open or a swarm of tiny insects would fly in).

We use a white noise machine, so noise from loading dock didn't bother us, but you are right over it.

Looking slightly to the left on the balcony:
BLT7414-3_zps8b7d3751.jpg

From the inside, slightly looking right:
BLT7414-2_zps076dc1a7.jpg

Looking right on the balcony:
BLT7414-1_zps4932c295.jpg

We just checked into a dedicated to 2BR unit (7905) and the room(s) is (are) AMAZING! It is our first time staying here in a 2BR unit and we were shocked at how large they are. We LOVE having the three full bathrooms as well. I will try to post some pictures as soon as I find a new photo-posting host site. I used to use Imageshack, but they have changed things around so much that I'm not sure how to use it correctly. Plus, they now charge a fee. I am open to suggestions. ;) Something user-friendly and free, preferably. I do not "Facebook" or "Instagram", so that might limit things.

They are nice aren't they?!!!

Photo bucket is a popular hosting sight and easy to use.

We have a 1 bedroom Lake view is it correct to request a upper floor even numbered room to hopefully view a bit of the Magic Kingdom ? Tia :)

Here are some picture from room 7905, a dedicated 2BR, Lakeview unit. We LOVED it!

Inside the unit:

Balcony views:

We were never in the room during Illuminations, but you would be able to see the Illuminations fireworks from the balcony if you were around during that time.

We have a 1 bedroom Lake view is it correct to request a upper floor even numbered room to hopefully view a bit of the Magic Kingdom ? Tia :)

I would request a north side outer facing along with your other request. Believe the first page of the thread has a good listing !:thumbsup2

We just got back and stayed in 8210. This was a lake view but had a great view of fireworks and bay lake. It was absolutely perfect. I loved watching the fireworks at night and the ferry boats going to the ttc in the morning. I requested even number, high floor, north side.

OK everyone! I have update the first post with links to all of the new photos! Thanks for all the help you have provided on your views! We can't wait to get back to BLT! Just 10 more days until we are there again!

OK everyone! I have update the first post with links to all of the new photos! Thanks for all the help you have provided on your views! We can't wait to get back to BLT! Just 10 more days until we are there again!

How long will you be at BLT? We are checking in on November 29th.

How long will you be at BLT? We are checking in on November 29th.

We are checking out on Tuesday the 25th! We will be attending the Destination D event at the Contemporary, so just getting in a quick trip before the end of the year. Sorry to miss you!

Just wondering, do all inside (odd number rooms) have the larger laundry rooms? Or is that just on certain floors, or certain areas? We've stayed outside rim (even numbered rooms) and had great MK & fireworks views, but smaller laundry rooms.

Just wondering, do all inside (odd number rooms) have the larger laundry rooms? Or is that just on certain floors, or certain areas? We've stayed outside rim (even numbered rooms) and had great MK & fireworks views, but smaller laundry rooms.

Yup. All odd number 1 and 2 BR rooms have the bigger laundry rooms, and the even number rooms and bigger (wider) living rooms. :thumbsup2

I love having the bigger living room vs. the bigger laundry room.

I've been ready this thread for a while and it has a lot of great information.

We are leaving for BLT Ina couple of weeks and have a split stay 1 bedroom theme park view and 2 bedroom theme park view. Is there anything specific we should request for either of those rooms or with theme park views are they all about the same?

Any advice would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I've been ready this thread for a while and it has a lot of great information.

We are leaving for BLT Ina couple of weeks and have a split stay 1 bedroom theme park view and 2 bedroom theme park view. Is there anything specific we should request for either of those rooms or with theme park views are they all about the same?

Any advice would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I would request an upper floor.

Thanks for the reply and the advice. Would you advise requesting a specific range of floors or would you just request an upper floor?

I'd say 9th floor or higher.

Look back on page one and check out the links for some of the views from the various floors to see which view seem better to you. That's what I did to help me with our requests for our October 2014 visit (lakeview, though, room 7905). We preferred the views from higher up. Others might disagree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter