Blizzard Beach VS. Typhoon Lagoon

dtripli

DIS Veteran
Forgive me if this has been asked a million times....I know that typhoon lagoon is closed right now, but if its open mid-March when we are headed to Disney....which of the two would be better for a 9 year old boy? Our family has been visiting Disney for years, and never once did we do the water parks. Now our 9 year old is determined. So what do you say?.....

Blizzard Beach is the bomb. My kids preferred the slides and the huge lazy river at BB. The thing they liked best about TL is the wave pool but I was stressed out the whole time they were in it because the waves are tall and powerful.

My boys are 11 and 13 and Blizzard Beach is still their preference, mainly for the slides. There is also a pool play area that is good for pre-teens that they used to enjoy at your son's age (I think it's called ski patrol camp).

My 8 year old prefers Blizzard Beach because of the slides and kids play area. I enjoy the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon, but leave with scrapes and bruises from the concrete bottom.

You won't go wrong either way. Our kids prefer TL. They like the wave pool, crush n gusher slides and lazy river better. But that's no insult to BB, it's an awesome water park too.

Both have their place, and we love both for different reasons. But BB gets the edge. Just more to do all around, especially with kids. I like the theming and music better as well.

But I wouldn't be upset at all if TL was my only choice on any given trip.

We have been to both, over 10 times. My DSs prefer TL. Can't go wrong with either.

I haven't been to either since I was a teenager, but we preferred Typhoon Lagoon bc of the wave pool. Now as a parent that same wave pool is why I haven't gone there with my young kids. Man, we got rolled in that thing as practically adults. Looooved every minute. I think our blizzard beach experience was on a busy day with long lines so we didn't enjoy it as much. We went to the many TL, BB only once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter