Blizzard Beach ?s

deanna2426

DIS Veteran
Are all the slides, etc. at BB "thrill rides?" We watched the new planning DVD and my DS 5 really wants to try BB, but I want to make sure there will be enough to keep my daredevil 2 year old happy, too!

Thanks!!!

If I remember correctly- there is an entire section of mini slides. They are more slide rides at BB than at TL IMHO.

Thanks for your quick reply!

I am sure as long as there is water, both of my boys will be thrilled!!

Thanks again!

Your 2yo will LOVE BB!!! We took DS when he was 2 and had a great time. They have a great area for kids under 5. I stayed there park of the time with DS2 while DH took DS5 to the bigger slides. There is also a family raft ride that he loved as well as the lazy river. BB is one of our favorite parks!

The kiddie area at BB is so cool, lots of slide. Then the ski patrol is awesome too ! Have fun !!!

I have been to BB several times and taking 2-6 year olds and a 5 year old in April. Of course there are several slides that wouldn't be suitable for a small child. There are plenty of slides for kids that age. There is a area for small children only with slides and such. There is a family slide we just love. I can't think of the name but you have to take the ski lift up to ride a large intertube down with the whole family.

I think there will be plenty to do for the 2 yo. I agree that BB has more slides for the little ones than TL does. The kiddie area there is really cute and lots of fun.

Lori

Now I am confused. I literally just spoke to a CM while making reservations who told me to take my 5 almost 6 year old to TL over BB. :crazy:

you will have a great time at BB. i saw quite a few slides that were of the kiddie vareity and the kids that were on it seemed to definitly be enjoying themselves. i think there is plenty for all of your kids and yourself to really enjoy your day at BB

the lagre innertube ride that ladydancer mentioned is one that the entire family can enjoy. big tube lots of room and lots of fun. the only thing that may scare her with this ride you do have to go up a fair amount of steps and i believe you may be on an overlook platform that is pretty high but if memory serves me correct i think you can see the tree of life in AK from up there. the view is pretty breathtaking for there. i wish i had my waterproof camera then!

Wow..you all have me so excited for BB. In all the times we've been to WDW, we've never been to a water park and now I can't wait!!!

Thanks for all your replies!

daisylove said:
Now I am confused. I literally just spoke to a CM while making reservations who told me to take my 5 almost 6 year old to TL over BB. :crazy:

I used to always give that misguided information myself. We had been to TL and BB both but at BB we never really discoverd Tikes Peak. I always told people with little ones to go to TL instead. This past summer we really discovered BB and now we love it.

Tikes Peak at BB has several different slides and a tube ride in one area plus they have the ski patrol that my dd (5 last time) absolutely loved, she really liked all the slides in Tikes Peak too. There were also several other of the big slides she was able to go on. She still talks about Teamboat Springs

Typhoon Lagoon has one tube slide in the kids area and a couple of others at the Wave Pool that I remember. TL also has Sharks Reef but I'm not sure 5 -6 yo'd could really do and enjoy it.

Both have a version of a Lazy River which the little ones always like.

Both parks are good but I now think that BB may be better.

Lori

Thanks for clearing that up. i think I will try BB in June.

tomerin said:
you will have a great time at BB. i saw quite a few slides that were of the kiddie vareity and the kids that were on it seemed to definitly be enjoying themselves. i think there is plenty for all of your kids and yourself to really enjoy your day at BB

the lagre innertube ride that ladydancer mentioned is one that the entire family can enjoy. big tube lots of room and lots of fun. the only thing that may scare her with this ride you do have to go up a fair amount of steps and i believe you may be on an overlook platform that is pretty high but if memory serves me correct i think you can see the tree of life in AK from up there. the view is pretty breathtaking for there. i wish i had my waterproof camera then!

There are alot stairs to get up to Team Boat Springs but we always take the ski lift.

Also don't always listen to what the cm's tell you. I have heard so many times on this board about them giving misinformation. Go to BB you won't be sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter