Blizarrd Beach Questions with young kids

Corey127

Mouseketeer
Going to BB on our trip with DD (4 years old) and DS (10 months old). DH and I plan to alternate taking DD (4) on some bigger slides while the other hangs out with DS at Tike's Peak.

The 4 year old swims with swimmies (water wings) or a puddle jumper at home and will be taking swimming lessons this summer. Not expecting her to be able to swim by our trip. Shes 40 inches tall and a daredevil.

Can she wear a puddle jumper on the slides? I think most that she can go on have double tubes so she would ride with a parent. She will do better with a puddle jumper than a life jacket.

Also, the family raft ride...Teamboat Springs..can/would you take a 10 month old on it or is it too wild? I think we can rent a life jacket for him.

Any other tips?

they have life jackets available - no renting. Teamboat springs is not that wild, but probably still not suitable for a 10 month old. They no longer have the double tube option at Runoff Rapids - single tubes now for all 3 slides. The only double tubes are at Typhoon Lagoon on the Crush and Gush. The 4 year old will be able to go the purple slope slides (Toboggan Racers and Snow Stormers) with no problem wearing a puddle jumper or life jacket. There is a short tube ride at the ski patrol training area, and several slides that are appropriate for the 4 year old too. Summit Plummet, Slush Gusher, and Downhill Double Dipper are all minimum height 48 inches.

When I took my four-year-old nephew, I was surprised at how daring he was. He tried EVERYTHING he was tall enough for. The kids area is a great starting place, and see how daring your daughter is. I don't think I would take the 10 month old on Teamboat Springs - it is swirly enough that it might be hard to keep from bumping the baby...

There is a lot of kid friendly rides as well as areas to keep an eye on them while they can still have fun.

Going to BB on our trip with DD (4 years old) and DS (10 months old). DH and I plan to alternate taking DD (4) on some bigger slides while the other hangs out with DS at Tike's Peak.

The 4 year old swims with swimmies (water wings) or a puddle jumper at home and will be taking swimming lessons this summer. Not expecting her to be able to swim by our trip. Shes 40 inches tall and a daredevil.

Can she wear a puddle jumper on the slides? I think most that she can go on have double tubes so she would ride with a parent. She will do better with a puddle jumper than a life jacket.

Also, the family raft ride...Teamboat Springs..can/would you take a 10 month old on it or is it too wild? I think we can rent a life jacket for him.

Any other tips?

You might want to e-mail to check on the life jackets. We went when my daughter was 7 months and the life jackets were too big. I want to say they are 20 pounds, but it was a year and a half since we were there.

I would not put a 10 month old on teamboat springs. They have to be able to sit by themselves and hold on and I wouldn't trust a 10 month old to do that.

Tikes Peak was really nice as well as the lazy river. You can't hold babies on the lazy river, but my husband was allowed to walk so the baby floated in her own tube that he held onto the whole time.

10 month old probably not a good idea for Teamboat Springs but don't let that stop the rest of you! It's awesome and the 4yo can go with mom or dad or both by alternating. Its 4 or 5 to a raft but they will fit you in with another group. Don't miss it. Lots of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter