• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

blisters

Trap

Mouseketeer
what is your best way to fight them up here in nh I walk all over and never get them I step off the plane in fl and it seems they are waiting for me

I'm the same way.

I put a strip of mole skin on the area that usually gets the blister from the time I leave home, until I get back again. I don't wait until a hot spot develops. Yes I spend about 10 bucks for the mole skin, but rather than than limping around. Way back in the day, I would get blisters on the blisters.

I used to buy the packs of three strips at Walmart, but discovered Amazon has much cheaper prices. If you decide to use mole skin, cut some pieces at home and bring a small scissors along. I've found after cutting a number of strips , the blades get gummy from the glue. That's why I precut, I don't have a way to clean off the scissors at disney.

Sport Shield is the only thing that truly prevents blisters. Mole skin and all the other adhesive stuff don't work for me at all.

I've found after cutting a number of strips , the blades get gummy from the glue. That's why I precut, I don't have a way to clean off the scissors at disney.

Try a little travel sized bottle of rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball. Failing that an alcohol based hand sanitizer should work.

Totally agree with rotating shoes. I wear sneakers, flip flops and sketcher slip ons. I swear by those Sketchers with memory foams!
I'm a Sketchers girl too, I love them! I've just bought some amazing Reef flip-flops and the over-the-foot straps are Velcro on either side so I can tighten/loosen them as needed to stop them from rubbing - can't wait to be wearing those everyday!!!!

A few tips:

1) If you are wearing socks - think about wearing/buying some good pairs of running socks that are breathable and don't have any "wrinkles" or flex in your shoes. I can wear thick (any brand of cheap) socks most of the year walking around home - but my feet aren't as hot as they are in Florida. Socks are as important as the shoes. I have socks I save for travel because I couldn't afford to wear them everyday (silly, but hey, $15-$20 socks are not part of my daily wardrobe budget).

2) Rotate shoes before you have blisters in the first place. I need to be in support athletic shoes most of the time or I get sore feet/legs/hips - but I definitely spend most of our non-park time in other shoes - typically a supportive sandal. You need at least two choices - I prefer three but admit I only take three options on longer trips. I find every part of body appreciates a shoe change - especially late in the day/evening.

3) Re-consider the shoes you are wearing that you say are great back home. I used to think the shoes I wore back home were great - they never gave me problems at home. Well - I'd go to Florida and end up with a blister here or there. The truth was this - I wasn't really putting the mileage on in those shoes back home in the same temperature range - so I wasn't truly mimicking the FL experience. Truth was - I needed to buy shoes in a larger size - a tad wider and a half size longer. Now that I do that - my feet are happier even at home.

4) Especially if you get sweaty feet - consider taking your shoes off for a breather on occasion. Let everything dry out/cool off some. Especially in auditorium style attractions - sometimes my shoes come off - and my significant other ALWAYS takes his off. MK - COP, Peoplemover, Country Bears, Philharmonic; EP - Pixar shorts, that America show; AK - Nemo, FOTLK, Birds of Wonder; HS - Indy, Beauty and the Beast, LM, GMR - you can guarantee my significant other's shoes are OFF.

5) And still take good supplies with you to treat blisters if you get them. For me - I pop them with a needle I wipe down with an alcohol swab, cover in neosporin and bandage overnight. Then decide the next morning what's going to be best - different shoes, moleskin, whatever. And then I'll probably take supplies and a different pair of shoes with me that day in case I need to change things up. The truth is, though, I so RARELY get a blister anymore now that I have adapted in other ways - I don't even bring this stuff along anymore.

I powder my feet heavily with talcum baby powder (not corn starch, but talc) before we we begin the day, and will apply moleskin to any "hot spots" that could be rubbing. Mole skin also covers up any blisters that form.

One thing that I do prior to a Disney trip is to either buy new synthetic moisture wicking socks, or turn the old ones inside out. The little "pills" of fabric that will appear on socks will also rub your feet raw quickly.

I walk a lot and NEVER get blisters. However, at Disney I will get a blister or two. Its just Disney.

OP-I'm right there with you. The only place I get blisters is at Disney. I have tried everything - smart wool socks, body glide, powder, dry spray deodorant, mole skin, old shoes, new shoes, etc. Nothing helps mine. My little toe sort of turns under the toe next to it and on the first day at Disney it turns into one giant blister EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!

what is your best way to fight them up here in nh I walk all over and never get them I step off the plane in fl and it seems they are waiting for me

Just to reiterate some of the above: (What I wore last week, Jan. 2017)

Spend the money and get 2 nice pairs of walking shoes/sandals. (I wore Ryka and Keen)
Get a few pairs of nice quality walking/hiking socks. (I wore Fits)
Get a pair of nice insoles (I used Superfeet)

No sore feet and we did some walking! 3 parks in one day and we walked to the back of AK, the back of DHS, and all the way around the World Showcase!

I am extremely blister prone. I used to get blisters every time I got a new pair of shoes. WDW and DL always involved multiple blisters. I wouldn't just get them on my heels at WDW either- they could pop up anywhere on my feet where my shoes might rub even a little- even the upside of my toes. Several years ago, I learned about a product called Body Glide here on the DIS, so I thought it was worth a try since nothing else had prevented them. I have not gotten even ONE blister at WDW or DL since I started using it and we have been on many trips and usually are open to close park people. I also now use it when I get a new pair of shoes and hardly ever get blisters even with that. I can't recommend it enough. It looks like a deodorant stick. At WDW and DL, I just rub it all over my feet in the morning before I put my shoes on and that takes care of it completely. DD and DH use it too and neither of them have ever had a blister at WDW or DL since we all started using it. You can get it at most runner's shops, some sporting goods stores, Amazon, and probably other places too.

1. Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort Body Powder (not the medicated stuff) all over the feet.
2. Bodyglide on the heel and ball of foot.
3. Trail Toes (it's goo in a jar) slathered on the toes with extra amounts where you tend to have more problems.
4. moisture-wicking athletic socks.
5. Well worn-in shoes.

I had problems with blisters on our first trip in 2014, but using the method above in 2016 resulted in zero blisters.

I put moleskin on the usual spots each day. Also I discovered blister band aids, actual band aid brand only mind you, work well too. I always get blisters on my baby toes. Weird, right? But every trip. I wrap the blister band aids around those toes, never get a blister anymore. They stay on very well, and are quite difficult to get off each night. The band aid seals itself and almost becomes one with my toe.

Flip flops. Solved my blister problem the last several trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter