• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blaze or Via Napoli

PrincessBelle39

DIS Veteran
We are looking for a decent pizza restaurant for our trip in July. We were going to book Via Napoli but I've just come across Blaze. We have nothing set in stone yet although we have a preliminary list of places we would like try, so we can work around locations.

I try to do food places I cannot do at home, so I would do Via Napoli at WDW. That said, if you want a QS meal instead of TS, I would do Blaze, but do the math first. Depending on how many people and the number of pizzas at Blaze, it might be cheaper at Via Napoli if everyone likes the same toppings.

Agree that this is a decision best decided simply by where you are (will be) at the time.

I haven't had Blaze yet, but Via Napoli is tasty. If you haven't been to WGP, the pizza there is fantastic too!

The two arent really comparable, in my estimation - but as many people above said, its primarily about where you are. Via Napoli requires a park admission, whereas Blaze is in Disney Springs. Blaze is really nice for groups because its more like a quick-service option where everyone can pick their own personal pizza toppings all inclusive in one price per pie; Via Napoli is a sit-down restaurant with many other offerings that may appeal to different people. As a native New Yorker who has pretty high standards for pizza ... Im Via Napoli all the way, and it's a must-do on my Epcot day. However, Blaze is a great option too. To me, its not like a "Should I get a reservation at Yachtsman or at LeCellier" - its two pretty different experiences.

We will be in both places at some stage of the trip. What I'm looking for is a good pizza. If we do pizza at Via Napoli, we will do something else in Disney Springs. If we do pizza at Disney Springs, I would book something else at Epcot. We are from Australia so neither are something we can do at home and we've never been able to find a really good pizza at WDW before. WPE were ok but but we are looking for something a little better.

Did not like Via Napoli. How a pizza can be burnt and soggy at the same time is beyond me!

In the name of full disclosure, I have no idea what Blaze is, but we really love Via Napoli and eat there once every trip. It's also always our cheapest dinner, by far. One large pizza feeds the 4 of us easily.

We have done both.
We prefer Via Napoli.
The pizza at Blaze was ok. The atmosphere was terrible. It is crowded, chaotic, and incredibly noisy (but maybe that would be different if you were there on a day when they were less crowded).

I think Blaze and WGP are both pretty darn common as far as pizza quality goes, and they're on every corner or will be soon. Via Napoli has good food and the environment is fun - and its in EPCOT. Also, booze:)

I love pizza. We have a Blaze at home, so always choose Via Napoli at WDW. We also like WGP.
If you are looking for a place at DS, I recommend Chef Art Smith's Homecoming. We went twice last week!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter