Black friday buddies 2010 unite! BACK FROM THE TRENCHES POST YOUR WAR STORIES!

That's okay, Pooh Friend. Remember, you get what you pay for. eMachines has a poor reputation, and Celeron processors aren't great.

There, did I make you feel any better? :)

My sister and I always shop on Black Friday, and I so look forward to it every year. We had our plan all set, get up at 4:00, leave by 4:30, get all our shopping for our parents done. I woke up at 3:00 with a stomach virus:( No shopping for me- it was my first miss in years!

I had a good BF, got everything I was looking for which was great.

My sister and I went to ON around 8pm Thanksgiving night to line up (wanted the kinect game they were giving away with purchase), there were only a couple people in line so that was fine. My BIL drove past Target (that was our next stop) and told us there was already 20 people in line so we decided to give up ON and headed to Target instead. So we didn't get a few clothing items and the game from ON but that's fine, that stuff is easy to get some other time.

We got to Target and was about 30th in line, so we waited there for almost 8 hours! We wanted the 40" TV and the Casio keyboard so we were willing to wait, we got both items we went after!

I was surprised that people started lining up so early at Target, last year my sister and I were first in line there and we didn't line up until around 12:30am, so this year apparently the deals were good enough for people to line up earlier. I wasn't expecting much being 30th in line, I was thinking they'd only have a couple TVs and other big items and we'd leave empty handed but when we got into the store we went straight for the TV (and the keyboard was right next to it) so we grabbed both. I'd say our local Target had between 35-50 of the 40" TVs, but they went very fast. We got our TV and keyboard in a cart and headed to the front and that only took a matter of minutes, but by then the TVs were long gone.

We were in and out of Target in less than 20 minutes and on to our next destinations. We also hit Kohls (which was busy, but not a madhouse), Bed bath and beyond, Burnham's Shoes (couldn't pass them up they had 30% off Uggs), and Michaels. Also was able to shop Best Buy's black friday sale online Thanksgiving day and that was a big help.

So overall it was a very successful black friday for my family, and we sure are thankful for that because the more deals we find the better.

BF went well for me -- it's normally a family affair, but my little one was home sick, so mom stayed with him while I did some "black ops"...

Started-out at Walmart at midnight -- I chose a small discount store in a less-traveled neighborhood (as opposed to the Supercenters, which is where all the retail "action" is). Scored the Shark steam mop for the Mrs. (at her request).

Not so lucky with the video games, as that turned-into something of a free-for-all -- didn't need any computers/TVs (as I did the netbook thing at Target, the Sunday before).

In and out of WM in 8 minutes with the mop and a couple of Blu-ray movies.

Went home, relaxed a bit.

Next-up, my neighborhood Target -- got everything my wife put on the list -- I jumped in the line at about 2:45 a.m. Though things were well-organized, my chief complaint was there were no employees/team members on the carpeted area. In and out in a little under an hour.

My next stop was AAFES (Military PX/BX) - they, too opened at 4:00, but I missed-out on a couple of things I was looking-for...

Then on to Big Lots, as they opened at 6:00 a.m. and had $6 sets of certain old CBS TV series.

All in all, it was a very successful week with savings of about 45%...

Received most of my Walmart stuff today!! The 32" TV, slow cooker and stick vac came and, of course, now everyone knows I got the TV!! :lmao:

I don't see one started and the 2010 thread was started in early July. I will go ahead and start one but hopefully the person who started the 2010 one will jump in as she did a great job last year.

I was just thinking about this thread a few days ago. Hallmark's Christmas ornament open house was last weekend.

Christmas is only 5 months away!

I am ready for this thread!! I have a lot of shopping done, but now am waiting for BF to finish up!!

So where is this years BF thread? I did a search and couldn't find it.....

I'm ready for BF 2011 too! I am 5 months pregnant so I'll be 7 months by then and will be looking for not only Christmas gifts but baby stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter