Black Friday, 2015

Target won't show-up until maybe, the second week in November. Thinking since "Black Friday Proper" for last year was a dud (since all the retail action happened in the later hours of Thanksgiving Day), there may be some work to do...

A bunch of new ads are out yesterday and today, Kohls, Michaels, not Walmart or Target yet, but some pretty good ones.

It's 75 degrees in NY today and the stores are starting to fill with holiday decorations and the Salvation Army guys are out on then streets ringing their bells. It's very confusing! This weather could kill the retail season.

It's 75 degrees in NY today and the stores are starting to fill with holiday decorations and the Salvation Army guys are out on then streets ringing their bells. It's very confusing! This weather could kill the retail season.
That is so funny! When we moved we tossed all of our old decorations. I was supposed to go shopping yesterday for some new stuff and just couldn't get in the mood! It felt so weird thinking about Christmas with that type of weather. Lol
I haven't heard or seen much about Black Friday this year. Then again, I've been extra busy.

It was 80 in Baltimore on Friday, so I get that!!! LOL
Back to November today though. hahaha Getting me back in the holiday spirit!!

What I have seen of the ads. I like the Dollar General ad the best right now.

I loved the Kohls ad- one of my favorite stores, BUT all the Kohls stores around me are not equipped for Black Friday Madness generally. ;)

No, just the 20% off coupon if you spend $75 on Fri, Nov 27. I doubt the discount will work on gift cards, but it's worth a try!
I'd set your expectations very, very low. This seems very similar to the 2013 deal which excluded gift cards.

I am eyeing both the $90 Canon PowerShot camera and the $20 HP printer in the Kohl's ad. For myself! We do need a new printer, we've been without one for months since our old one broke. And I want a point & shoot camera, all we have now is a DSLR and it's such a pain to carry around that I want to sell it. I may order the camera online and just tell DW that's what she's getting me for Christmas, lol. Looks like the printer is in store only and I don't usually go out early on BF so I'll probably miss out, but I can try.

Best Buy is out as well now - I haven't seen anything that jumps out at me on ANY of the ads. Which is good I suppose :)

Same here. Wait and see what the Walmart ad brings, but the way it has gone so far, probably not going after anything. Will still go out with my wife around 5-5:15 to see the madness of people queuing up or in stores that are open already (What can you say? I am easily amused).

So far, Target is winning. The problem is that we don't have one here. LOL Oh and Game Stop but we have one of those.

Same here. Wait and see what the Walmart ad brings, but the way it has gone so far, probably not going after anything. Will still go out with my wife around 5-5:15 to see the madness of people queuing up or in stores that are open already (What can you say? I am easily amused).

Me too - I did 99% of my shopping online in the week before BF last year - all the prices were out there and I had zero interest in any of the "big" doorbusters. But I love to be out in the chaos...it's like the kickoff to the Christmas season for me. Typically I'll go out for things like DVD's, pajamas for my kids and nieces and nephew, maybe a video game out of sheer luck of finding an abandoned one in a cart, but my enjoyment is just watching it all unfold. To be honest...BF is for rookies...the best/almost equal deals are going to be in these weeks leading up to BF. But - it's a crazy kind of fun to be out in it all! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter