BL 7.1 Green Team!!!

I
QOTD Tuesday - What are your summer plans?

Don't really have any. We usually only travel every other year, and as we took two trips last year (Ontario in the summer, Disney in December) nothing's up for this year.

Probably just laze around.

I am headed back to Disney in January for marathon weekend, however.

Was not feeling well last night, so missed workout. Better today and plan to go tonight.

As for favourite breakfast foods (missed that one), that is a tough one because I love breakfast - it is my favourite meal. Eggs, sausage, ham, toast, French toast, pancakes, love them all and try to work them all in.

Also enjoy cereals such as Rice Krispies and Cheerios. We only just started getting Fibre One cereal up here -not much selection yet.

Have a magical losing day folks.:cool1:

Linda

:tinker::donald::dumbo::mickeyjum

QOTD Tuesday - What are your summer plans? I dont have any. Dh is going to summer camp for a couple of weeks but other than that I don't until I square things with some doctors to take care of my foot. If I am going to have a bunion removed I need to get it done by 4th of July so that I will be able to spend an entire day on the foot by Sept when I go back to work.

I am plannig to do some reading and some sewing (I am gettting a new machine sometime this week. I can't wait:banana::banana::banana:) Maybe I will be in the mood to make some Christmas presents with the new machine.

Tammy If you want I am off school from the 3rd until the 14th I can coach anytime that week.

I bought the BL 30 day jump start and also enjoyed this oatmeal, but I replaced the walnuts for sliced almonds. I am having a hard time finding the steel cut oats, where are they?

The sliced almonds sounds good--I am thinking of trying pecans too. About finding them--whenever we head to the 'city' (2 hrs away) we go to the Whole Foods store and get them from the bulk bins there. They're worth the search :)

I made and tried hummus for the first time, it's not the best thing I've ever tasted but given the right spices it made a good snack with the pita crisps, also from the book, and I also made the corn chips, also tasted pretty good but I overcooked them and they are a little too hard. My walmart does not carry greek-style yogurt except for one brand and it is sold individually in 8-10 oz cups for almost 2.00 each, so I am making smoothies, yogurt parfaits and just eating Stonyfield farms organic fat free yogurt, and its really good... Kim

We like to use hummus instead of cheese (you get that tangy creaminess of cheese without the fat)--I use it as a spread on the tortillas when I make my DH breakfast burritos--he likes it. We also use it instead of mayo on sandwiches--works well.

With greek yogurt--you can 'create' it by using regular plain and putting it into a coffee filter (or cheese cloth) in a strainer and let it drip overnight--you get a thicker yogurt with the texture of greek yogurt without the higher cost. I've never done it with flavored yogurts--just plain--but it's worth a try :) I use it for the greek style yogurt cucumber sauce stuff.

Today's QOTD--Summer plans--Well, DH is a teacher so that list is long and a tad overwhelming. We were going to have to be building a garage--but last night found someone in our area that needs work (he's a builder) and so he's gonna do it for our tax money plus a bit. :cool1: SOOO excited!!!

So now we just have to build the greenhouse (though the goal is to have that done in April/May), the new chicken coop and protected yard, finish the fence around the 2 acre 'garden/orchard' area, replumb the house (replacing the CPVC pipe with pex), build a solar water heater, build 2 solar air heaters (which will be do-able with a 20 x 40 garage:thumbsup2:)

Fun stuff--using a timeshare for a week on the Oregon coast to relax and see some family. Lots of gardening, more gardening and then there's always gardening :rotfl:.

Good luck today with your COWs... Have a disneyish happy day!
:) Liz

We also like to do crockpot oatmeal--using steel cut oats (1 C at groats to 4 C water) with dried fruits cooked overnight--smells so good in the morning and takes no time and is easy to keep in the fridge to heat up--doesn't get mushy like regular quick oats do - it stays creamy without adding milk or cream to it and the dried fruits turn soft and add just the right amount of sweetness. Try it - you'll like it.

:thanks: for that! i have a bag in the back of my pantry b/c i didn't know this ;)

today is a :laundy: and declutter day for me! so i must get busy, wanted to catch up on our team though. we have a REALLY great group here!

tammy i still can't find my watch :sad: it is most :sad: b/c i just got it for christmas, it is minnie mouse with pink faux alligator strap. it's soooo cute and i miss it!

QOTD -- we have a busy and exciting summer ahead! we have some long weekends spending time with family that is close by but not so close that we see all the time. my oldest DD is going to Girls State in June, very exciting for her. and we end our summer with 11 days at WDW :donald::goofy::mickeyjum

QOTD Monday - Best breakfast food is the homemade hash from Chet's Diner in Northborough MA. In the spirit of this thread, I have Cheerios with either banana's or blueberries and 1% milk or oatmeal with the same fruits.

QOTD Tuesday - No major summer plans. Day trips to the beach. Anything that does not require a lot of $$$$$. I'm hoping to make the Brewster Brew Run (on Cape Cod) this year and some other races. BBR is a 5.2M race on August 8th 2009.

As far a COW for this week ... I'm good with the H2O and fruit everyday. I nail that requirement daily. The the 2 servings of veggies per day is trailing the pack.

This a.m. weigh-in was a pleasant surprise. I'm down 2.4% of my starting weight from last Friday. Let's hope I can maintain the same pace or better. I haven't walked since last Saturday (3/28/09).

No rain scheduled in MA for today and tomorrow ... Thursday and Friday is a different story.

Bill

Sounds like we are off to a wonderful start!
happysmyly, whew!! You've got a lot of stuff going on! But, that's life on a farm, right? I really appreciate the tip on letting the whey on the yogurt drip through the filter. I bit the bullet and paid the price for the Greek style yogurt, but that can't be a regular thing! I'm determined to broaden my taste palette!! ;)

ohMom, hope today is the day you find your watch!! :upsidedow

Dona, I hope you get that bunion taken care of when you want it done! I'm a member of the infamous Black Boot club, i.e. walking cast. Having a new sewing machine to play with should be fun!!

BilltM, Weigh to go, Bill!! Keep it down! ;) There are fruit and vegetable juices out there (Juicy Juice Harvest Surprise, V8 V-Fusion, they don't have added sugar) where one 8 oz. serving equals 1 fruit and 1 vegetable. It shouldn't replace eating real veggies, but it would be a start.

QOTD: A genealogy trip to VA in July and keeping up with the TM workouts in preparation for DL and that coast to coast medal. My husband's aunt lives in LA, so we hope to take his mother with us and get a mini reunion as well as that medal!

Have a successful day!! :drinking1 (only make it water!) :goodvibes Anne

Hello Green Team!
I'm a bit late on the introductions, but here goes.
I joined WISH in 2003. Lost 50 pounds and walked the 2005 Disney 1/2 marathon with the inaugural WISH team. That was an amazing experience that I was able to share with my 3 sisters as well as many who still post on this board.
I gained back the 50 pounds and have been yo-yoing ever since. I joined BL7 and was doing pretty well, but a recent cruise did me in. I ended up that portion of the challenge up 1 pound from January.:headache:
So - here I am back again. For those of you talking about age, I am going to be 50 on October 1st. :eek: I want to be back to feeling like I did in 2004/2005 when I weighed a reasonable amount and I was in good physical shape. I quite often get leg pain which makes walking unappealing. But now that the weather should be getting warmer, I'll try it again.
Now for the other QOTDs. Mickey, of course probably rates #1. For breakfast I usually have some peanut butter or maybe some oatmeal. I have no summer plans because I've already used up this year's vacation. We couldn't turn down the Disney 4/3 deal in January and went on our cruise in March. We were supposed to cruise for our 10th anniversary but never got around to it. Since our 30th anniversary is in May, we figured we were waaay overdue for a cruise.
I'm looking forward to reading about everyone's progress. Hopefully having split teams will help us all keep us with the posts. :)

There has been some question about the COWs. As always, the COW does not count toward anything on the team. It is simply a way to recognize individuals who are working hard. Unfortunately, sometimes despite our best efforts we don't necessarily lose a lot of weight. This gives us another method of recognition, one that is based strictly on Behavior and not weight. Donac will recognize those who have achieved the most points on the COW every week.

I realize that the COW seems kind of overwhelming. I would encourage you, if doing all the components feel like too much- choose one to work on this week. Some is better than none. If you choose not to participate in the COW, that is your choice. It will not effect your participation. The only thing that affects that is the weigh in. Clear as mud?

BilltM, Weigh to go, Bill!! Keep it down! ;) There are fruit and vegetable juices out there (Juicy Juice Harvest Surprise, V8 V-Fusion, they don't have added sugar) where one 8 oz. serving equals 1 fruit and 1 vegetable. It shouldn't replace eating real veggies, but it would be a start.

Excellent idea regarding the vegetable juice. It never crossed my mind to go that route. Thank you for the tip.

Bill

Hey there Bill from Massachusetts- not too far from me!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say working 2- 10 hr plus days on Monday and Tuesday kill me physically.I work in a surgical center and we run for 10 hrs straight, my thighs burn at the end of the day.

I am finding it difficult to stay up on everyones posts.

Last night eating was horrible- nachos for dinner then actually even more downhill from there.

Could someone tell me how to use the QUOTE function?

Hoping to get outside today but the weather is not great around here.

SUMMER PLANS: Usually Ogunquit beach in Maine in August.Other than that just training for the Applefest half marathon in NH.

Linda

The sliced almonds sounds good--I am thinking of trying pecans too. About finding them--whenever we head to the 'city' (2 hrs away) we go to the Whole Foods store and get them from the bulk bins there. They're worth the search

We like to use hummus instead of cheese (you get that tangy creaminess of cheese without the fat)--I use it as a spread on the tortillas when I make my DH breakfast burritos--he likes it. We also use it instead of mayo on sandwiches--works well.

With greek yogurt--you can 'create' it by using regular plain and putting it into a coffee filter (or cheese cloth) in a strainer and let it drip overnight--you get a thicker yogurt with the texture of greek yogurt without the higher cost. I've never done it with flavored yogurts--just plain--but it's worth a try I use it for the greek style yogurt cucumber sauce stuff.

Today's QOTD--Summer plans--Well, DH is a teacher so that list is long and a tad overwhelming. We were going to have to be building a garage--but last night found someone in our area that needs work (he's a builder) and so he's gonna do it for our tax money plus a bit. SOOO excited!!!

So now we just have to build the greenhouse (though the goal is to have that done in April/May), the new chicken coop and protected yard, finish the fence around the 2 acre 'garden/orchard' area, replumb the house (replacing the CPVC pipe with pex), build a solar water heater, build 2 solar air heaters (which will be do-able with a 20 x 40 garage

Fun stuff--using a timeshare for a week on the Oregon coast to relax and see some family. Lots of gardening, more gardening and then there's always gardening.

Good luck today with your COWs... Have a disneyish happy day!
:) Liz

WOW, you all have lots going on, I don't think we'll hear you saying that you're bored:rotfl2:.

Found the steel oats yesterday, put them in the crockpot last night and we are enjoying some wonderful tasting oatmeal this morning, the house smells good too. This is just another reason why I love this group, always learning something new:thumbsup2.

:thanks: for that! i have a bag in the back of my pantry b/c i didn't know this ;)

today is a :laundy: and declutter day for me! so i must get busy, wanted to catch up on our team though. we have a REALLY great group here!

tammy i still can't find my watch :sad: it is most :sad: b/c i just got it for christmas, it is minnie mouse with pink faux alligator strap. it's soooo cute and i miss it!

QOTD -- we have a busy and exciting summer ahead! we have some long weekends spending time with family that is close by but not so close that we see all the time. my oldest DD is going to Girls State in June, very exciting for her. and we end our summer with 11 days at WDW :donald::goofy::mickeyjum

Like I tell the kids, I bet the watch will show up when you are least expecting it, sure hope you find it soon.:)

QOTD Monday - Best breakfast food is the homemade hash from Chet's Diner in Northborough MA. In the spirit of this thread, I have Cheerios with either banana's or blueberries and 1% milk or oatmeal with the same fruits.

QOTD Tuesday - No major summer plans. Day trips to the beach. Anything that does not require a lot of $$$$$. I'm hoping to make the Brewster Brew Run (on Cape Cod) this year and some other races. BBR is a 5.2M race on August 8th 2009.

As far a COW for this week ... I'm good with the H2O and fruit everyday. I nail that requirement daily. The the 2 servings of veggies per day is trailing the pack.

This a.m. weigh-in was a pleasant surprise. I'm down 2.4% of my starting weight from last Friday. Let's hope I can maintain the same pace or better. I haven't walked since last Saturday (3/28/09).

No rain scheduled in MA for today and tomorrow ... Thursday and Friday is a different story.

Bill

WTG on the mid-week hop on the scale, sounds like you are doing awesome. :cheer2:

Sounds like we are off to a wonderful start!
happysmyly, whew!! You've got a lot of stuff going on! But, that's life on a farm, right? I really appreciate the tip on letting the whey on the yogurt drip through the filter. I bit the bullet and paid the price for the Greek style yogurt, but that can't be a regular thing! I'm determined to broaden my taste palette!! ;)

ohMom, hope today is the day you find your watch!! :upsidedow

Dona, I hope you get that bunion taken care of when you want it done! I'm a member of the infamous Black Boot club, i.e. walking cast. Having a new sewing machine to play with should be fun!!

QOTD: A genealogy trip to VA in July and keeping up with the TM workouts in preparation for DL and that coast to coast medal. My husband's aunt lives in LA, so we hope to take his mother with us and get a mini reunion as well as that medal!

Have a successful day!! :drinking1 (only make it water!) :goodvibes Anne

Great idea on the juices when you just can't get the veggies in. :thumbsup2

Hello Green Team!
I'm a bit late on the introductions, but here goes.
I joined WISH in 2003. Lost 50 pounds and walked the 2005 Disney 1/2 marathon with the inaugural WISH team. That was an amazing experience that I was able to share with my 3 sisters as well as many who still post on this board.
I gained back the 50 pounds and have been yo-yoing ever since. I joined BL7 and was doing pretty well, but a recent cruise did me in. I ended up that portion of the challenge up 1 pound from January.:headache:
So - here I am back again. For those of you talking about age, I am going to be 50 on October 1st. :eek: I want to be back to feeling like I did in 2004/2005 when I weighed a reasonable amount and I was in good physical shape. I quite often get leg pain which makes walking unappealing. But now that the weather should be getting warmer, I'll try it again.
Now for the other QOTDs. Mickey, of course probably rates #1. For breakfast I usually have some peanut butter or maybe some oatmeal. I have no summer plans because I've already used up this year's vacation. We couldn't turn down the Disney 4/3 deal in January and went on our cruise in March. We were supposed to cruise for our 10th anniversary but never got around to it. Since our 30th anniversary is in May, we figured we were waaay overdue for a cruise.
I'm looking forward to reading about everyone's progress. Hopefully having split teams will help us all keep us with the posts. :)

So glad to have you here with us!!! At least you used up the vacation days with Disney;), nothing better than that!!

There has been some question about the COWs. As always, the COW does not count toward anything on the team. It is simply a way to recognize individuals who are working hard. Unfortunately, sometimes despite our best efforts we don't necessarily lose a lot of weight. This gives us another method of recognition, one that is based strictly on Behavior and not weight. Donac will recognize those who have achieved the most points on the COW every week.

I realize that the COW seems kind of overwhelming. I would encourage you, if doing all the components feel like too much- choose one to work on this week. Some is better than none. If you choose not to participate in the COW, that is your choice. It will not effect your participation. The only thing that affects that is the weigh in. Clear as mud?

Great explanation!! Remember everyone, you will get out of this challenge what you put into it. The WI's help keep you accountable during the week for your eating/exercising. The COWs are just another tool to help you with some good habits that we should all be doing. Don't let any of it get you stressed and frustrated because that will tend to lead you back to some of your old habits. This is to be fun and encouraging so do what you need to do in this challenge for you, it may be all or a portion, just make it fit for you!!:cheer2::cheer2:

I have to say working 2- 10 hr plus days on Monday and Tuesday kill me physically.I work in a surgical center and we run for 10 hrs straight, my thighs burn at the end of the day.

Last night eating was horrible- nachos for dinner then actually even more downhill from there.

SUMMER PLANS: Usually Ogunquit beach in Maine in August.Other than that just training for the Applefest half marathon in NH.

Linda

Those are long work days, hope you get a little break today.

Don't beat yourself up about the eating last night. That was last night and this morning is a new day to make better choices. There are going to be times when we have days like that but the key is to make it just one bad choice and stop it before it continues on.:grouphug:

If there is one particular post that you want to quote, you just hit the quote button and then type in your response. If you want to quote multiple posts, hit the button with the plus mark on all the ones you want to quote then hit the reply button. I'm not always the best at giving directions so if that doesn't make sense, let us know and I'm sure someone else can clear them up.

Those are long work days, hope you get a little break today.

Don't beat yourself up about the eating last night. That was last night and this morning is a new day to make better choices. There are going to be times when we have days like that but the key is to make it just one bad choice and stop it before it continues on.:grouphug:

If there is one particular post that you want to quote, you just hit the quote button and then type in your response. If you want to quote multiple posts, hit the button with the plus mark on all the ones you want to quote then hit the reply button. I'm not always the best at giving directions so if that doesn't make sense, let us know and I'm sure someone else can clear them up.

Tammy,
Thanks heres to hoping I did it right!!!!!!

Linda

Sorry for so many posts so early this morning, trying to play a little catch up;).

QOTD Wednesday - How about a Disney question today??? What is your favorite ride or show at WDW or DL?

I LOVE Rockin' Roller Coaster...my only wish is that it was longer;).

Sorry for so many posts so early this morning, trying to play a little catch up;).

QOTD Wednesday - How about a Disney question today??? What is your favorite ride or show at WDW or DL?

I LOVE Rockin' Roller Coaster...my only wish is that it was longer;).

I think I probably have too many to list- my all time wish is to just live on Main Street.

Linda

Good morning everyone! I hope you slept well and are ready to attack this day with lots of life and joy! Cause today is a new day.

With all the multi-quotes within the posts I wanted to 'respond to'... just gonna use names here instead of trying to figure out which of the 'quote' marks I need to keep and which I can get rid of...
So -

TammyNC - Yep - definitely not ever able to be bored around here... which is good--and Disney is one of the few places I can really let myself have 'down' time--and as I design garden elements I try to sneak in Disney here and there to make me smile with things no one else notices--one of my daffodil beds along the long driveway is a half circle with 2 smaller circles placed so that to me it looks like a 5' long Mickey hat :rotfl: Most don't notice it--but those that do smile too ;)
So glad that you enjoyed the oats for breakfast--I'm gonna try the banana ones tonight/tomorrow morning!

Momof2minnies (Linda) - I am sooooo there with just wanting to live on Main Street!

To answer the QOTD - I don't know if I have a favorite ride--my spirits lift and I turn into a kid when I step on property--when I see those beautiful rose bushes and then the green cones at DL it's just the best!! Disney is in the details and that is one reason why I love this board--always learning new details to look for and enjoy.
If I had to choose a ride - DL would be Splash Mtn or Soarin'. WDW would be a long list of the old stuff that used to be at DL that isn't anymore--Peoplemover, Carousel of Progress are my must dos... but I also LOVE RnRC--though as I get older I can only ride that once at a time now--not multiples right after each other :)

Yesterday was not a good day for me with the COW - got in the water and fruit (cause I got the fruit in early) but only 1 veggie--unless I could count potato chips as a veggie... or the cocoa bean (dark chocolate)... but as I said--today is a new day - with no bad choices yet :cool1:

Have a great day full of good choices!!

Linda

Hi Linda,

I grew up in Holyoke or West Holyoke near Hampton Ponds. My family still lives out that way. In fact, I'll probably be out there this Saturday. I lived in Westfield for a couple years ... on Union Street at Powdermill Village apts. Nice place!!

Bill

I am a little behind in posting- yesterday was a really Blah day for me, all I could think of was going to sleep, it rained all day and I felt bad, ate bad, all in all not a great day, but as I said before, everyday is a new beginning and today I am up with a new attitude- although I think I do need to get my dr to up the mg on my thyroid meds.

So, I am up took vitamins, already drank 2 8 oz glasses of H2O, had oatmeal with natural pb and a banana, took a shower and now I am about to tie up my shoes and head to they gym. Yay me!

QOTD yesterday- No real plan for the summer but I live 10 minutes from the beach so probably spend lots of time out there, we are heading to wdw May 7-13 so getting ready for that, hanging out with my kids, planning on having a yard sale sometime soon, and now I have got to figure out how I am going to get to they gym while kids are home during the summer months. We will definitely be planning something big for Red White and Blues week and 4th of July, my Anniversary is also July 6th so July will be busy, and then we are going back to wdw for free dining in September.

QOTD today- my all time fave would have to be The Haunted Mansion but honestly I love them all. The only ride at wdw I haven't rode is ToT and EE. I am a ride chicken but dh managed to get me to ride RnRc one year but Tot is a no go. Not sure if I can handle EE either but I may try someday.

Have a great day everyone.

Kim

Hi Green team, I am new to the challange and cant wait to get started!
I am 28 yo and a mom to 3 great kids! WDW is my favorite place in the world, and i wish i could live there.
Last year I lost 50 pounds but since then i put back on 20.
I know i have to PM my weight every friday but is there anything else i should be doing?
I cant wait to become a loser with the rest of you :goodvibes

Well ... I like Splash Mountain for the story/theme and music. I miss the Mickey Mouse Revue that was in Fantasyland way back when. Someone mentioned Carousel of Progress ... still very good (IMO) considering it was created for the 1964 World's Fair.

I hope I don't ruin the week but Chipotle Mexican Grill is opening in town and today was donate $5 to the High School and get a free burrito ... tomorrow is free burrito day (100% off according to the sign) since the grand opening is Friday. I had to stop since I was in the area getting pet food for the girls.

I guess at the least I had my veggies, along with rice, beef, black beans, peppers, onions, cheese, and guacamole. Also, my first Coca Cola in two months (or any soda for that matter). Ouch!!

Two more days until the second weigh-in!! Hopefully the rain lets up soon. Maybe I'll hit the free weights.

Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter