• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birthday Dreams - PTR - It's dancing time!!!!

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
Hello!!

6 weeks today until we go, so I thought I'd start my PTR as I keep having thoughts about the trip that I want to note down.

I had promised myself I wouldn't until I'd finished the wedding TR, but alas, that hasn't happened - I will finish before we go to DLRP though!

Anyway - onto this PTR!

As this thread will also become my TR I'll make this post the index too. :)

The Cast and Trip Information

The Cast:

Me - 26 (Turning 27 while we're in DLRP!) and my Husband Jack also 26.

297904_10150862541425084_821450083_21334526_826728430_n.jpg

We got married last year in WDW and are HUGE Disney fans.

We met studying film, and Disney films were always my favourite, during dating we saw a lot of Disney movies, both at home and on the big screen, but hadn't really considered a trip.

I went the DLRP and WDW as a child, Jack visited DLRP as a child also, and then in 2008 we were thinking of a short break and decided on a quick trip to DLRP.

From there I joined the DIS to plan for that, and the rest is history!

We visited DLRP staying at the SL in July 2008, loved it so much that we rebooked when we got home to go back in January 2009 staying in the DLH.

On that trip Jack proposed, we knew we wanted a DFTW, so we then went to WDW in the october of 2009 to see all the wedding locations, and then that year and a half whizzed by and we were back in WDW again to get married and have our honeymoon.

We are going back to WDW in either October or May 2014, but we couldn't wait that long for a Disney fix. So for our 1st anniversary Jack got me Eurostar Tickets and I got him the DLRP booking!

The Plans:

On an amazing 40% deal we got 3 nights/4 days at the Newport Bay Club in a standard room for £300 less than what I paid for SL back in 2008!

We've not stayed at NPB before, so I was happy to try somewhere new, but was a little wary about it as the Tripadvisor reviews aren't the best with regards to cleanliness and decor, and also I know the breakfasts can be a nightmare due to over crowding.

I kept my eye on the DLRP sight every day or two and then over the Easter weekend the 40% got magically applied to HNY for our dates, making it only £58 more than we'd already paid, so I called up and was able to pay the difference and upgrade. :cool1:

So the plans are May 22nd - 25th at HNY.

We're travelling by Eurostar, and this trip we have to change in Lille each way, so I'm a little apprehensive about that but know it'll be fine!

More planning on it's way soon!

:wizard:

Only 6 weeks to go - that will fly by!

What a perfect wedding anniversary present! :thumbsup2

I'm sure you'll love the HNY - good news on the deal!

Happy planning! :goodvibes

I am so jealous! I wish we could have had a WDW wedding - it would have been cheaper to fly our close friends and family out with us than our wedding here, thanks to having such a massive family!

6 weeks will fly by! :goodvibes

Well done on the upgrade :thumbsup2

We'll be at the HNY a couple of weeks before you.

Look forward to hearing more of your plans :goodvibes

Sounds fab! We arrive two days before you - fingers crossed for good weather and low crowds!

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans. :goodvibes

Thanks for reading along guys :)

I'm going to do an update tonight of each of our must dos!

So I'll need to bug Jack to get his and then I can type them up! :)

I'm acutally getting rpetty excited already - I'm going to open a sharedealing account tonight! That's exciting too! :)

Shares all purchased and Club membership all faxed off!! :)

Now I just have to keep my fingers super crossed that my card comes on time! I'd so love to have it as opposed to the membership certificate!

Yay you've started and woohoo on the new shares purchase :yay: - what a great feeling that is. Hope your card turns up in time and can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Hi ya

Well done on the upgrade to HNY, we stayed there last time and loved it, its a great hotel, great location and the breakfast eggs have some sort of magic in them, my goodness they were sooooooooooooooooooo delicious! And bring a swimming costume, the pool is lovely too although the sauna/steam room is boiling hot, bring a towel to sit on ;)

I think our trips overlap, we will be in the parks on Sunday 27 May, hope we get to bump into you guys :)

BTW, we just bought shares too and the woman at the Shareholders office told me that if I don't get the card 2 weeks before we go to ring them and they will email a temporary one so we can take that one. Maybe get it laminated so it seems more 'card like' :goodvibes

Just re-read your dates, they don't overlap, oh well!

Now thats my kinda 1st anniversary present/birthday trip. Looking forward to your next installment.
We're staying at HNY in May too.
Happy planning :)

Thanks for joining in ladies. :)

That's a shame we miss each other, Eloise!

A couple of updates on the trip.

1 - I have managed to book a VIP FastPass through the Shareholders offer for my birthday!

2 - I've made a reservation for Inventions Dinner, also on my birthday!

Very excited about both of those.

To be honest I think Inventions will be the only TS meal we have, as none of the other restuarants are grabbing us, and we're more than happy with Earl!

Hello,

I am hoping this will turn in to a full Trip Report Torsie not letting you get a way with this one :) lol!

Looking forward to hearing more always love your reports!

Mwah!

I was a busy girl yesterday and forgot my:

:banana::yay::dance3::woohoo::cool1::woohoo: :dance3::yay::banana:

Single Digit Dance

:banana::yay::dance3::woohoo::cool1::woohoo: :dance3::yay::banana:

Weeee! It's crept up fast!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter