Birmingham, AL hotel suggestions

Minniedap

Mouseketeer
We will be driving down I-65 early June and would like suggestions on hotels in Birmingham or just south of. We have never driven this route so if there are any areas to avoid that would be helpful too. Thanks.

Hi Minniedap,

Bear with me if I'm doing thi incorrectly. But I'm a first time poster..I live in Birmingham and saw you needed help, so I finally rrgistered ! You need to be careful about your hotel choices, in Birmingham Alabama, like you mentioned, definitely south of town is the best choice. If you are headed south on 65, I would recommend taking 459 towards atlanta as your exit , and then taking the Liberrty Park exit from there.. There is a hilton garden inn .. It is in Liberty Park , a nice residential area as well as a business area as well. There are several restaurants to choose from , Billys (American fare) Tazikis (Greek ). Leons (Mexican )there is also an upscale Piggly Wiggly within a quarter mile of this hotel, and the Summit (upscale shopping within 3 miles ) the hilton garden inn is not too pricey and in a very safe area .. Hope this helps .. And as any good Disney loving fan would say , Have a Magical day :)

We will not be heading towards Atlanta, going straight down I-65. How is the Pelham area?

Pelham area is ok :) .. Maybe get a hotel off hwy 119 ..right off 65 .. Check the map and hotel ratings.. The other hotel I told you about is only maybe 5 miles from 65... You could also consider the Winfrey hotel, in hoover, not far off 65.. Placed inside the Galleria, Birmingham's largest shopping mall.. The Wynfrey would have secured parking .. Hope this helps :)

I always stay in Trussville. It may be a little out of your way, but you do not want to stay around the I-65/I-20 interchange. It is not a good area.

Just realized you are driving, not flying. I've stayed around the summit - close to the Target - that area is ok

We will not be heading towards Atlanta, going straight down I-65. How is the Pelham area?

Pelham's fine. There is a Holiday Inn Express and a Hampton with dinning close by. If your open to other areas, I would recommend Renaissance at Ross Bridge. There is also an Embassy in Homewood.

I appreciate the suggestions. I will be checking out these hotels. It seems everyone agrees on the area I should avoid. This is our first trip through Alabama. Heading to the gulf for a few days before our annual Disney trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter