• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birkenstocks-are they really $100 worth of comfortable?

CR, here's a suggestion about catching them on QVC--go to their website and look up the weekly schedule.

When Birkenstock appears in the midnight slot, you'll know that's when QVC will feature something of Birki's as a Today's Special Value. That's how I bought my three pairs and I think I've spent around $60 for each.

OP, Birki's help my feet tremendously because I'm naturally flat-footed. I have very low arches, and if I don't wear shoes with arch support, I get a lot of foot pain.

Agreed they are worth the cost, but YES they do need to be well broken in first.

But plugging another super comfy shoe for walking are Danskos- I wore them just a couple of days on the tail end of our trip in January and wished I'd worn them all week. The merrell kula ones I wore at the beginning wound up giving me blisters on my little toe.

Birkenstocks = $100 worth of ugly

:rotfl:

I don't think that is true. I have the Rio (in Cocoa).....

3193.jpg

Of course, I paid $110 for them last summer. They are now selling for $79.99. :sad2: I wore them for the first time this year (since it finally stopped snowing) and am glad I bought them. They still have some breaking in to do, but I know they will be worth it.

Here are some more cute sandals...

http://www.birkenstockusa.com/products/women/sandals

My husband and I stopped in at a shoe store that sold Birkenstock's (Salamander's in Lincoln Square for those of you in Chicago ;) ). They were very happy to measure our feet even knowing I was going to be looking on-line for them. I would definitely recommend getting measured before buying. In a Nike sneaker, I wear a size 6. I just bought a pair of New Balance sneakers and had to get a size 7 1/2. In Birkenstocks, I wear a 36 regular (I was told this is equivalent to a size 5). My husband's size is the same as what he wears in a sneaker.

I'm tempted to buy another pair. ;)

Michelle :flower3:

Agreed they are worth the cost, but YES they do need to be well broken in first.

But plugging another super comfy shoe for walking are Danskos- I wore them just a couple of days on the tail end of our trip in January and wished I'd worn them all week. The merrell kula ones I wore at the beginning wound up giving me blisters on my little toe.

Birkenstocks hurt my feet. I had a pair for a year and finally gave them away.

I LOVE Danskos and Chacos. I have several Dansko winter shoes and several Chacos sandals. The chacos are around $100, but you can find great deals on Amazon.

Do you happen to know the style number of the New Balance sneakers you have? When I type in plantar fasciitis, it tells me no results found. :confused3

My NBs are a walking shoe, style #811.

I will have to look it up and get back to you. I know it is a style with more cushioning in the heal.

Birkenstocks hurt my feet. I had a pair for a year and finally gave them away.

I LOVE Danskos and Chacos. I have several Dansko winter shoes and several Chacos sandals. The chacos are around $100, but you can find great deals on Amazon.

I have a friend that loves Chacos. I hate wearing sandals with a strap around the ankles though. Do you know if they make any that you can slide into like the birks?

I have a friend that loves Chacos. I hate wearing sandals with a strap around the ankles though. Do you know if they make any that you can slide into like the birks?

Yes they do. You can go to the Chaco site to see what they have. I did buy one pair and full price ($96). I now wait for deals on Amazon. I have one pair that was $20 and another pair for $40. You do have to break in the shoes, but it only took a few days. If you can't get a deal ...... they are so worth the price.

New Balance Stabilitiy Trainer
Style # W767ST

Thanks! I'll have to look for those next time I go to the New Balance store.

This morning, I went out and bought a pair of Birkenstocks to try. They are the Boston style with the soft footbed. Got them for 20% off, which helped ease the $ pain a bit. :rolleyes1

Have you visited recently and seen their new Disney Line ? I posted a thread a few weeks back when i was surfing their site and discovered them ! I have a pair of Mickey and Minnie boston clogs on the way !

Im searching 'Disney' and 'Mickey' and not coming up with anything. Help! :laughing:

Have you visited recently and seen their new Disney Line ? I posted a thread a few weeks back when i was surfing their site and discovered them ! I have a pair of Mickey and Minnie Dorian clogs on the way !

I just looked, they all look like Ladies or kids to me. I don't think my kids would be seen with me if I showed up wearing them.

http://www.baumhouse.com/ it is out of germany, but the best prices I can find.

Just checked it our and after the euro/dollar conversion and with shipping, the style I always wear, the Milano, still comes out to about $100 bucks. I'm not surprised, though. Seemingly with every clothing purchase in my life, I'm always drawn the most expensive shoe/suit/shirt/wallet in the collection.

honestly, it has been years since I haven't paid $100 for most of my shoes. But, I am a shoe diva. I have 10 pairs of Danskos and at least 30 pairs of Birks. Baumhouse used to be lots cheaper, but the dollar has tanked against the Euro.

oops, i linked you with the site after I had searched my size ,which is 39 narrow.....just get to a live page and you can easily find regulars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter