Big Disappointment...My Birthday Meal at Coral Reef

Think I need to tell you about a GOOD experience just to balance the load a bit. We haven't eaten at CR for 4 or 5 years because of terrible experiences, but decided to bite the bullet and give it a another attempt this time.

We had lunch there about 2 weeks ago and it was superb in every way! The restaurant was cleaned up (a lot!), our server was prompt, courteous, attentive. The food was excellent! I can't remember what all we had, but I do remember the Lobster Salad which was truly memorable! At first I though it looked small, but then I noticed 2 full claws underneath it all. No filling stuff here - it was really a delight! Hubby had the steak which was better than either the Yachtsman's or Le Cellier and GD had the chicken and potatoes which she loved. The chocolate wave was shared for dessert and was very good - not the best (still love the Valhrona Lava Cake they used to have at the FF). The experience was good and we WILL go back. So sorry you had such a lousy encounter as ours was the opposite.

I've always enjoyed the Coral Reef but I will relate an experience we had last July. Both my niece and myself ordered the mahi mahi and when they were served she was talking about how good hers was and I wasn't feeling exactly the same about mine. Then I noticed that hers looked different and I realized that mine did not have any of the sauce on it. I called over the waitress and she commented that they are always forgetting to do that! She took mine away and came back with a dish that looked exactly like my niece's and this time it was excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter