Big Dilemma!!

Melissa<3Disney

DIS Veteran
So being the big Disney planner that I am. I already have our dining reservations booked and ready to go for October.. we have everything we want at the exact times we want them!! Sounds great right?! Wrong!! My sister and her family are thinking they want to come on our vacation now! :eek:Don't get me wrong I am so thrilled everyone will be together at Disney... but my reservations are for 7 adults, 1 kid, and 1 infant. With my sister and her family it will be 9 adults, 4 kids, and an infant. I guess my question to you all, is, how likely is it that I would be able to keep my current times and reservations? They are still deciding so I can't make any moves and I'm afraid all the places I've been so excited to eat at will slip away!! We are booked at POP from Oct. 1st-Oct. 10th and our reservations are these

Saturday Oct. 2nd at the Ohana at 8:25pm (Dinner)
Monday Oct. 4th- Chef Mickeys at 10am (Breakfast)
Tuesday Oct. 5th- Tusker House @ 8:05 am (Breakfast), BOMA @7:25 (Dinner)
Wednesday Oct. 6th- Crystal Palace @8:10 am (Breakfast)
Thursday Oct. 7th- Teppan Edo @ 7:30 pm(Dinner)
Friday Oct. 8th- Sci-Fi @ 1:10 pm(Lunch)
Saturday Oct 9th- CRT @ 7:15 pm (Dinner)

So as you can see those are some pretty popular restaurants at pretty popular times! Also, we are planning to eat a dinner at Planet Hollywood one night, but were told that we couldn't make reservations for that, that we would just have to walk up. Is that true? Or did I just get a misinformed CM?!

Thanks so much for your help/opinions. I know my fellow DIS planners would understand! :sad2:

I would book them a seperate reservation for 5 as close to the time of your reservations as possible. Then when you get to the restaurant simply ask to be sat together. With the exception of Ohanas and Chef Mickeys your party will probably be broken up.

Then if they decide not to go you can simply cancel their reservation.:thumbsup2

I would book them a seperate reservation for 5 as close to the time of your reservations as possible. Then when you get to the restaurant simply ask to be sat together. With the exception of Ohanas and Chef Mickeys your party will probably be broken up.

Then if they decide not to go you can simply cancel their reservation.:thumbsup2

That sounds like a good idea.. are the chances of us getting a table next to each other pretty good if we do that?! Since we are such a large group, we probably won't be doing a whole lot of the parks together, so it's really important that we are at least next to each other, since meals are probably going to be a lot of our together time, besides our rest times and parade times etc.! Thanks so much for your response!!

Anyone else with ideas? I know I will probably get flamed for this, but I was thinking of maybe making reservations for the entire party under my boyfriends name tomorrow. That way my other ressies don't get canceled. I should know by the end of this week, possibly Sunday whether or not my sister and her family will be going, and I of course would promptly cancel all my other ressies so they will be open for others. My question is, since my boyfriend is under my ressie, will they notice this and still cancel all reservations?! I am not trying to take away from any other families, and will cancel by at least the beginning of next week, so please no flames! :thumbsup2

For the majority of us the return to 180 day ADRs was great news. But for folks in situations like you the 90 day ADR plan would have been perfect. I don't have advise to offer, just wish you the best.

I would try and book what you can under your BF's name and see what comes up. As long as you are not holding on to the ressies for an extended period of time, I don't see the harm. October is still plenty of time away for people to switch ressies around. If it was next week, I would say no way!

I would try and book what you can under your BF's name and see what comes up. As long as you are not holding on to the ressies for an extended period of time, I don't see the harm. October is still plenty of time away for people to switch ressies around. If it was next week, I would say no way!

I agree! I think I am going to try that when I get home from work tonight, see what's available and go from there! I tried looking into another table of 5 around our times and nothing was available even within an hour of when our ressies are! I was so happy about the 180 this year! But now I'm wishing for 90 days! haha Thanks for all your advice guys I will let you know how it goes!:thumbsup2

So nothing is available for our group at any of the times or restaurants we have picked. I am super, super bummed! Has anyone ever had any luck with booking a big group (14) closer to their vacation time with cancellations?!:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter