BIG BAD VOODOO DADDY

TheRustyScupper

Everyone Is Responsible For Everyone.
1) Went to Eat-to-the-Beat concert last night (Sunday) for Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.
2) They are a "big band" Swing Band . . . . and excellent.
3) We were asked to join along with eight guests staying at The Fort.
. . . we told them about the BIG BAND SOUND
. . . they were excited to hear REAL music
. . . the only hip-hop was the lone squirrel that was running through the rows of seats
. . . people threw popcorn, so he/she kept running around
. . . might as well nosh when one can
4) They thought we needed to buy the special (and pricey) dinner package for good seats.
5) Nay, nay, nay.
6) If you go to the first (5:30pm) show:
. . . they have a warm-up act called American Music Machine at 4:00pm and 5:00pm
. . . the group is "almost" a capella, as there is a bass and drums in the background
. . . it is open seating, with only a small section reserved for dinner packages
. . . so, zero waiting in line to get seated
. . . and no additional cost
. . . OK, we did buy Brewskies for the concert
. . . just walk in and grab any open
. . . we sat fourth-row-center, and kept the seats for the concert

NOTE1: After the 5:30 show, they do empty the pavilion and let in people with reserved seats from the package and then those in the lines. But, a great deal and super easy if you do the first show.

NOTE2: American Music Machine are not bad, just not that great. The tunes they chose to intertwine were clever, but the arrangements are not that well done. Additionally, they use some strange keys. As a Bluegrass Banjo player, I do know a little about "keys" and Key Modulation. My best guess is they sang in the Key-of-Z.

NOTE3: "ScupperSaying": Avoid the last Sunday of the F&W, as it is crowded!

I've been lucky enough to see BBVD. Twice where I live, 2nd time was last year their Christmas show fantastic. They have been together over 20 years all original members.

Kae

I've been lucky enough to see BBVD. Twice where I live, 2nd time was last year their Christmas show fantastic. They have been together over 20 years all original members. Kae

1) They have been playing the F&W for what seems like ever.
2) They are always the closing act, except last year when WDW stretched the festival dates.
3) We have (I think) all of their released albums.
4) MrsRustyScupper and I love Big Band Music. *

* Of course we are so old that our first experiences with Big Band music was played by bands of roving Huns.

TRS, we love BBVDD. I like to think I am not old but we love big band. We were meeting friends so did not see the concert (have done it before), but we did hit Epcot Sunday afternoon. It was crazy, but we were able to enjoy the food kiosks.

What i know about Big Band Music is that my parents had a few albums and once in a while they would put an album on the hifi and swing dance in the living room. I was both embarrased and excited. We lived in a small row home in Baltimore. The whole house would shake when they danced. I only wish they were still around to teach me how to swing dance.

Would have loved to see them in concert. Love their music. :dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter