BEWARE those who get car sick...

Mugglemama

DIS Veteran
if you haven't been on TSMM yet and made it through without any motion sickness, you might be in for a surprise.

i don't easily get car sick, although i do avoid rides like the teacups and that rocket ride in tomorrowland. i do fine on dumbo, and have no problems on the swings at DCA.

but TSMM made me SO motion sick! it had the same affect on my 10 year old son. we were really bummed about it because we absolutely LOVED the game you get to play while on the ride, but we avoided it the rest of our trip because we did not want to feel that sick again.

bummer! :sad2:

Wierd, I am the most travel sick person ever, I can't go for more than 10 minutes in the back of a car (no tea cups or swinging gondolas for me!) But I was fine on TSMM, I even rode it after a few glasses of wine with my evening dinner at the wine country trattoria!! I guess rides affect different people in different ways.

Wierd, I am the most travel sick person ever, I can't go for more than 10 minutes in the back of a car (no tea cups or swinging gondolas for me!) But I was fine on TSMM, I even rode it after a few glasses of wine with my evening dinner at the wine country trattoria!! I guess rides affect different people in different ways.

no fair, lol!:mad:

That is why you were able to ride it with no problem;) :rotfl:

Thanks for the warning:) I suffer from severe motion sickness but am going to try the motion sickness patch on the trip and hope it works.

Now I'm gonna be nervous around people on every ride you people mention as a 'gets me sick' ride.

(I have emetophobia LOL)

i think if i could have been seated on the opposite side of where i was, i might have been fine. i was seated in a way that seemed to swing me around on the outside, and at times, that meant that i was swinging very close to a wall. there wasn't enough space between me and the wall for my brain to get distance perception, and that's when the motion sickness began. :sick: i've only been on the ride once, but i know they seated me facing california screamin'. perhaps i will try it again next time, and ask to be seated facing maliboomer instead? it's probably worth a try.

I All ways take Bonine chewables for Disney I can ride everything, airplane, definitely cars and trains too.

You can get 8 Bonine chewables. Or a bottle of a 100 Mechline tablets for $11.00 at Walgreens.[ask the Pharmacy for them they are behind the counter] Take it the night before you leave and every night of your trip!!

You will have Fun!!

Does anyone know if there are prescription medicines for motion sickness? I wrote down the Bonine on a stickynote to put in my disney vacation notebook to remind me of the name.

I was planning on asking my doctor for a prescription though.

Our last trip I had such awful motion sickness. Never experienced anything like it. I felt like I was always on a rollercoaster. One minute I was hungry, the next I was nauseous. I got clammy and felt like I was going to pass out.

It actually took a week and a couple small packages of Dramamine to make me feel normal again.

I've never heard of Bonine before but I'll try to remember that one! I get sick riding the teacups and Space but not on TSMM. I loved TSMM!! I'll try those tablets to see if they help with my teacup & SM issues....LOL

I feel sick when i ride star tours , never had a problem on anything else , but star tours makes me wanna die............and I luv Star Wars so it really upsets me I feel sick on it. Any side effects from the meds? No drowsiness?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter