Beware of stroller rental fees..

darbee

Earning My Ears
...I wish I had known how much Disney charged for stroller rental. It was $14 for a double and $7 for a single EACH DAY. I spent over $100 in stroller rental fees. I guess it is worth it to take your own!!!

Many people stop at the WalMart in Kissimmee (or I'm sure there are other places like K Mart along the way) and purchase a cheap stroller for the trip. You don't have to haul your own, you have one all the time (i.e. at your resort, Downtown Disney, etc.), and you don't feel bad leaving it behind because it is really just the cost of "renting" one.

You do get a $1.00 back at the end of each day when the stroller is returned. You can also get a stroller at any park by just showing your receipt. So you only need to worry about the stroller when you are in the parks. If you go back to the hotel just get another stroller when you go back to the parks.

If purchasing an inexpensive one to leave behind, why not donate it to the local hospital? You will save money by not renting one, help out someone who cannot afford one & then you also will have a tax deduction on top of it all. It is a win-win situation.:)

We were also thinking about taking out double stroller for this past trip, but I'm glad we did. It was easy strolling the kids through the airport and we just gate checked the stroller before we boarded. And the best part about it was it was waiting for us when we got off the plane.

And then I saw the lines in the morning for stroller rental and I was very glad that we took our own. I bought a inexpensive double umbrella stroller last year and it works out well for us.

We have always flown and brought our own stroller. We use our strollers at more places than just the parks and it would really irk me to pay $6 a day to rent something that we have sitting at home.

...we took our new stroller along and checked it on to the plane and US Air mangled it and had to cut us a check on the spot. I should have just bought one down in Orlando somewhere. I do have to say though that the Disney strollers were very nice and smooth and easy to push compared to any that I have ever used.

I bought a double umbrella with canopies and large basket for $5 bucks at a tag sale! It's in great condition and even clean, but I still took it apart and washed everything so it's new and fresh. My sister bought a stroller really cheap at a tag sale last year and then left it at the CR when she checked out because she didn't want to have to worry about the hassle of taking it back home. Our kids our older, so it's not like we have babies who we'd be using the strollers for on other occasions. Much cheaper to do it this way!

I bought the double umbrella with the canopies too, however, I didn't pay $5 :( I paid $50, BUT, it was so worth it! We have taken it on three trips so far and the boys are now four. I thought that this would be the last time we took it to WDW and considered renting (I figured the boys would not need it going to and from the parks next time) HOWEVER, after seeing those rental fees, I'll bring it again!

If you need just a single, I would go to my local walmart and buy an umbrella w/canopy for about 20 bucks and bring it along, it really helps witht the backpack and camera bags too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter