Best Weather Ever Trip 4/6-4/11/2016

1BLINDMICE

Earning My Ears

Just a quickie report
Me, my husband, and our 6 year old daughter went this year. In years past our oldest daughter is with us but she is away getting her degree. We usually go in Feb., but this year due to scheduling went in April. Was concerned it would be hot - because it was at home. We could not have asked for better weather!!!! After 20+ trips, the weather can make or break you trip.

4/6 - leave home around 4:30, we live about 3 hours away and we always stop at Denny's for breakfast and then go check in at Pop because husband is a worrier and doesn't trust on line check in. We get our scooter (first time use, never wanted to because eventually I will need one daily). Let me say scooter made our trip 100% better. We go to Animal Kingdom for the first and last time. Just not our cup of tea. Enjoyed It's tough to be a bug and the Finding Nemo show. Had fp for safari but too tired to wait it out. Have been to some great zoo's and understand the conservation, recycle, reuse concept. We actually do have a butterfly garden in memory of my sister in law. WEATHER WAS WONDERFUL
4/7 - Magic Kingdom day, crowd calendar was WAY off, said 3 or 4 and it definitely wasn't. Our FP were for late afternoon so we did some rides and then our FP, headed back to room for short nap, and came back around 6:00, we left about 1/2 hour after the Electric light parade. WEATHER WAS WONDERFUL
4/8 our day off, had late breakfast, hung around the pool, got dressed, rode monorail to Contemporary, walked around, did some shopping, walked from Contemporary to bus stop for hotel. Late dinner. In bed. WEATHER WAS WONDERFUL.
4/9 - Epcot day, crowds were more like calendars predicted. Enjoyed for the most part, but with Soaring and Norway down, everything else was busy. Glad we FP character spot. In the Worlds, saw many, many, tipsy adults. I'm one of those people who miss the Epcot of the early days, seemed so much more to do in future world. The "Ellen" ride was practically empty, could have fit everyone on one of those Moving Cars with room left. We didn't stay that late. WEATHER WAS WINDY AND COLD IN THE MORNING, nothing a lite sweater or jacket couldn't handle, BUT BY 11:00 was PERFECT.
4/10 - Magic Kingdom day - FP were early morning so we finished them and went back to the room to rest, came back did everything we wanted and only Small World had FP left. We did an earlier FP for Peter Pan and in the evening the shortest time we saw was 40 minutes, so we did stand in line, though I did time it and it was pretty close to 40 minutes, it seem to go by quickly. WEATHER WAS WONDERFUL.
4/11 - woke up, packed, loaded car, enjoyed leisurely breakfast, headed home.

On past trips we didn't do breakfast, this trip we did it each morning and took our time and enjoyed ourselves. We didn't rush for rope drops or try to stay until closing. With planning and FP we got to do every ride we wanted and some 2 times, and could have done a 3rd with proper planning. No one was beyond exhaustion with sore tired feet, legs and backs. Everything was enjoyable and we ate when everyone was hungry or got snacks. Only 5 souvenirs, just didn't need it. We are blessed that we do live so close and that we do get Florida resident discounts or we definitely would not go once a year. Bless you who can save up for a family of 5 or more. I don't know how you do it!!!!! Magic Kingdom is great and still my favorite. No longer a one day park, you need two days to do and see everything you want. Love meeting the princesses and every ride from pirate to carousel of progress. Love the piped in smells and music and the details on everything around you. For that day I am in a place where princesses and fairy-tales are real and dreams do come true and everyday there is a parade and the night ends with fireworks.

Just a side note, have never experienced this before. We did not get a text at 3 with room info., at 3:45 went to front desk to ask. She told us the room is not guaranteed till 5 pm. I didn't know this. We were in bldg 10, 3rd floor room 360 which is at the very end by the staircase. One time went to wrong bldg., because bldg 6 and 10 are the 70's and the same green and I got turned around. My apologies if anyone was in that room while I was banging on the window and door telling "John" to let me in! So much for ground floor if you could because we have a scooter and wife is handicapped but doesn't require a handicapped room. Around 4:30 our room was ready and it really wasn't the cleanest, found towels behind bathroom door. Too tired to care at the time, needed to lay down. BUT on check out day, housekeeping was at the door around 8:30 am. I almost got mad and said I don't have to check out till 11:00 am, go away, but I didn't.

We were there from 4/3-4/10 and I keep telling people we hit the weather jackpot. It was so beautiful. Sunny, 80, also no rain or humidity the entire trip. Loved it! We also had a great trip, crowded but not horrible and it is just me and my DD (16) so easy to tour for the most part. Thanks for sharing!

You guys got out at just the right time. It rained so hard Wednesday night 4-13 that there was 6 inches of water standing in the Magic Kingdom. It also rained Thursday and Friday. No matter to us though...we still had a great time!!!!

We were also there 4/7 to 4/10, and I couldn't agree more. The weather was fantastic!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!