• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way to get to Epcot from world showcase side?

Divaofdisney

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the Polynesian and was wondering best way to get to the back side of Epcot bypassing the front entrance due to all the construction/congestion there. We do have a car but was wondering what is the best way. We are going in 12 days and our excitement is growing. Please help

Really is no other way than monorail or drive to Epcot and walk through Future World (which is heavily chopped up/detoured right now) on your way to World Showcase. There is no theme park parking anywhere on the World Showcase side of tings.

One out of the way alternative is to monorail or boat to MK and take a resort bus from the MK bus plaza to an Epcot resort and walk in via the International Gateway. Ride share or taxi to an Epcot resort would also be an option. Both seem unneeded to me just to avoid some detours and construction walls (in my opinion).

Really is no other way than monorail or drive to Epcot and walk through Future World (which is heavily chopped up/detoured right now) on your way to World Showcase. There is no theme park parking anywhere on the World Showcase side of tings.

What if we parked at either the Boardwalk or Beach Club? Would they allow us to do that?

What if we parked at either the Boardwalk or Beach Club? Would they allow us to do that?

No, Epcot resort parking is for Epcot resort guests and those with dining reservations. You can valet and leave your call all day (I think it’s $33 plus tip) if inclined. But you can’t park there for free and go to a theme park.

FYI, I added a bit to my response above as an edit.

If you wanted to get real cute about it, you could bus to Hollywood Studios, and then skyliner to the back entrance of Epcot. It seems like it would take a whole lot longer than the front security line, though.
Probably the best option would be to Uber to Boardwalk or Beach Club and then walk in the back way from there. Parking at those hotels in order to go to Epcot is not allowed.

That is what I kind of figured. What time does world showcase open? We have a FP at 9 AM for Soarin then we wanted to go to France pastry shop for breakfast?

So I think what we might do is take the monorail to MK, then get off and get on bus to Boardwalk and then take boat to Epcot. This way we can get in the back way thus bypassing the front. We will need to allow at a least a full hour don't you all agree??

So I think what we might do is take the monorail to MK, then get off and get on bus to Boardwalk and then take boat to Epcot. This way we can get in the back way thus bypassing the front. We will need to allow at a least a full hour don't you all agree??
Seriously , I wouldn’t bother doing this.
You’ll have a rather long walk from the Beach Club or Boardwalk bus all the way to the Epcot Intl Gateway, then another long walk to Frozen (etc.)
Just not an advantage.

More than an hour, probably. Soarin' is at the front of the park.

Didn't you say your fp is for soarin? It sounds like a lot of work for you to end up at the front of epcot anyway.
For your return trip to poly you could go to boardwalk and then bus to mk. Since you'll be in world showcase in the end

I walked from the front to the world showcase probably a dozen times in January- the construction isn’t bad. Sure, they have a couple of “walls” built so you don’t see the construction, but there are still walkways from the front to the opening of World Showcase with no issues at all. It’d be much more of a hassle to enter through the IG and go back to the front of the park to Soarin’- and you’d have the exact same construction and the exact same walkways, just in a different direction.

And there is a new path that goes from the front of the park to Living with the Seas, with Soarin' just beyond. I almost think this new path is better than the route required prior to all the construction.

I walked from the front to the world showcase probably a dozen times in January- the construction isn’t bad. Sure, they have a couple of “walls” built so you don’t see the construction, but there are still walkways from the front to the opening of World Showcase with no issues at all. It’d be much more of a hassle to enter through the IG and go back to the front of the park to Soarin’- and you’d have the exact same construction and the exact same walkways, just in a different direction.

I agree with you, but just noting the more recent construction walls and detours are much more prevalent/in the way than they were in January. It’s somewhat shocking just how much of the walkway into the park is out of whack at the moment.

Still not worth going through the nuisance and extra time of getting to the Intl Gateway though.

The walk from the front of Epcot to Soarin' is .3 miles (about 5 minutes.) The walk from the Boardwalk to Soarin' is 1 mile (about 20 minutes,) not to mention the added time of going to MK and then taking the bus. Why add all of that extra time and walking?

If you really want to go through the international gateway, I would give it 90 minutes.

The thing that I was trying to say was that the construction barricades are the same whether you walk through the front gates to World Showcase, or from the IG to Soarin’. It’s the same walking through, just in a different direction. To go from the front to Soarin’ is really not a big inconvenience.

That’s an awful lot of Disney transportation you are relying on to be running smoothly first thing in the morning. 😬 If it was me I would just Uber or Minnie Van to BC and walk over to the IG. Yes it will cost you money, but the whole process will be much smoother, i.e. less stressful. If you don’t want to spend the money, just take the bus to BC and walk to the IG entrance from BC. It only takes us 5-10 minutes at most and we’re always loaded down with strollers and kids.

How about taking the bus to DHS and then SkyLiner to WS?

That is what I kind of figured. What time does world showcase open? We have a FP at 9 AM for Soarin then we wanted to go to France pastry shop for breakfast?

The pastry shop (Les Halles) opens at park opening (9 am). It's one of very few things in the WS open at that time.

If you have a 9am Soarin FP and want to do that first thing, it would make no sense to take all the extra trouble to get to the WS entrance just to cross the whole park to get to Soarin. If you are going to the Soarin 9:00 FP, just go in the Future World entrance, ride, Soarin, then make your way back to WS for the pastry at Les Halles.

Unless you meant you would be getting pastry in France and *then* cross the park to Soarin. That would make more sense so maybe I misunderstood. If you're determined to do it that way, Uber to BC or BWI would be the least complicated way to get to the WS entry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter