• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best value family suite with private(r) bathroom or 2 baths?

Pastalady

Mouseketeer
Someone in the family has Crohns Disease and feels more comfortable/relaxed with more than one thin door (or the barn doors - their worst nightmare) between him and where everyone will gather/watch tv.

I am thinking a suite in Hojos or potentially a suite in Tropicana? Any other suggestions? We are excited to go in July after rescheduling 3 times due to Covid. I really want him to distress and enjoy this trip. But if he cannot go to the bathroom it will not be fun lol. Thanks!

Why this issue isn't considered more in hotel design is beyond me - and that's just in general whether or not anyone has medical conditions!

I would recommend the Hyatt Regency Orange County hotel with the VIP Family Suite. Prices isn't bad at all for the size of the room and you get two bathrooms, one of which is at the very far end of the suite (well away from sitting area) and the other in the main bedroom. We stayed in that room for a dance convention a couple years ago and while it isn't right next door to DL it isn't bad and the room/bathroom setup was great. There's a virtual tour thing if you click on the room name and scroll the images. That would be my first pick of places we've stayed if bathroom privacy is the primary concern.
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/california/hyatt-regency-orange-county/alica/rooms

Desert Palms Hotels has 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suites, but both the bathrooms are kind of in a middle hallway area between two bedrooms on either end. Might not be bad and will be closer (walking distance) to DL.
https://www.desertpalmshotel.com/accommodations
If either of those don't work then I'd probably look into an AirBNB home.

As a previous poster said, the Residence Inn’s bathrooms are off the bedroom so you can close both the doors to the bedroom and bathroom, however, they are both sliders. The Courtyard Theme Park has a great bathroom set-up. The main part of the bathroom has double sinks and a tub/shower combo, then there is another door that leads to a shower and toilet. So the person using the toilet can close both the door to the toilet/shower room and the entire bathroom for a lot of privacy. Bonus is two people can be showering at once or one person can be showering while others are using the sinks to get ready. And in all the rooms I’ve been in there, the bathroom entrance is all off of a hallway, not in the main area with the sofa, table and bed.

The Hojo family suite has 2 bathrooms. The one in the kid's bedroom would be behind 2 closed doors because there's a door on the bedroom, and of course one on the bathroom. That suite has 1 king bed, a bunk bed and a small foldout sofa, so not sure it's the right beds for your family.
We are getting either that or the 4 queen bundle at Hojo, which is 2 guaranteed adjoining rooms so there would be 2 bathrooms.

Disneyland hotel has suites with 2 bathrooms, too, if you're considering staying on property at all.

I'm surprised there aren't more suites with 2 bathrooms around the parks. I love the look of Courtyard Marriott but there's only 1 toilet even though it has 2 showers.

Speaking from personal experience here (I have IBS, not Crohn's), the 1-bedroom suite at Residence Inn at the Convention Center is nice for a couple. My husband often hung out in the living room while I was...otherwise indisposed. As others have said, there is a sliding barn door, but the floor plan is fine as along as folks are in the living room or kitchen. There's a sliding barn door that separated the bedroom from the living room, then from there, you can access the bathroom which has it's sliding door. So double doors yeah! They should check out the floor plans on the website.

Also, the Residence Inn also has 2 bed/2 bath which again has bathrooms attached to the bedrooms. Those are nice too for a larger group.

A 1-bed/1-bath floor plan is below since images are better than my descriptions!
Capture.PNG

Why this issue isn't considered more in hotel design is beyond me - and that's just in general whether or not anyone has medical conditions!

I agree 100% Most of the new standard room designs have one thin sliding door that doesn't even completely close into itself/small gap with cheap turning hook lock, basically no privacy or about the same as a public restroom stall.

Thank you all! We booked residence inn!

Have a fun trip!!

I know OP already booked (happy you found something that will work for you!) but I wanted to give an honorable mention to Fairfield Inn It has the typical tub/shower/toilet separate from the sink area (complete with a normal swinging door) BUT the sink area (and thus also the toilet/shower room) is separated from the sleeping area by a sliding/barn door. Fairfield also has connecting rooms so if you have a bigger group that's an option. I wanted to mention it in case other readers with the same needs may want an option within easy walking distance of the parks.

I've included a picture, it may be hard to see but the sliding door is to the left of the opening to the sink area, the tub/toilet room is to the right of the sink.

1648999240122.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter