Best type of ticket for 7 days?

Melrosgirl

DVC Member - BCV
Hi! I’m hoping to get opinions on best type of ticket to buy.

We are going mid June for 7 nights. We want park hoppers but also want to do at least one water park. Would you recommend a 7 day hopper plus ? Or six day hopper plus ? Or forget the plus and just get a la carte waterpark?

We won’t be going back for at least a year after this so annual passes won’t work sadly. (Normally we only go for five days so this is a “big” visit for us.) thanks!

That depends. Do you want/plan to hit a theme park every day, or do you envision a day or more where you will go to only a water park? Remember, the theme park visits are separate from water parks. So if you buy a 7 day hopper plus ticket, you get 7 days in the theme parks AND 7 water park admissions. They are counted separate. If you're absolutely sure you won't hit a theme park every day, then go for 6 day, otherwise go for 7.

If it were me, I'd go for 7 but that's because I know I'd want to hit a theme park every day. The price difference between 6 and 7 days isn't huge anyway, so I'd rather have that extra flexibility. You could also buy 6 and add another day while you're there if you want too, if you weren't sure.

We went for 7 nights and had 6 day hoppers. Our flight didn't get us in until mid-afternoon and I didn't want to waste a ticket when we would only be there a few hours. We did Disney Springs the first night which was a nice way to start the vacation. If you are doing a water park and aren't sure if you will be there all day, then I would do the hopper plus so you could do the water park for a few hours and then head to another park if you'd like.

That’s a tough one. 7 nights, 8 days if you do a few hours (3 fastpasses) on arrival and departure days.

Using June 9th as the start date...
7 day hopper $559
6 day hopper $547
1 day waterpark $69

7 day hopper + $585
6 day hopper + $574

So if you’re sure you’ll do at least 1 day at a water park I’d go with the 6 day hopper plus, or add the 7th day for $11 more. Either way it’s cheaper than ala cart waterpark tickets.

We went for 7 nights and had 6 day hoppers. Our flight didn't get us in until mid-afternoon and I didn't want to waste a ticket when we would only be there a few hours.

But, it's worth noting that if you DID go into a park on that arrival day, it would have only cost about $10-$15 per person
more than buying just the 6-day ticket.

I'd say $10-$15 would be a nice price for quick ride or two and/or possibly a fireworks show or similar.

It's all in how you value your trip time.

A regular parkhopper for 6 days is $ 514/person
A parkhopper plus for 6 days is $539/person

A regular parkhopper for 7 days is $525/person
A parkhopper plus for 7 days is $550/person

I would not buy the water park ticket separately, even though it is unlikely you will need that many extra days of water park with the hopper plus. You can have the opportunity to hop into a water park mid day for an hour or two if you feel like it. Plus, $25/person for the water park option is way better than the $70/person if you buy it separately.

And since the difference between 6 days and 7 days parkhopper plus is only $11 per person. I would get the 7 day ph plus for the simple fact that then you can hop back into a park in the morning or evening. I don't know about you but I can't commit an entire day to a water park.

That’s a tough one. 7 nights, 8 days if you do a few hours (3 fastpasses) on arrival and departure days.

Using June 9th as the start date...
7 day hopper $559
6 day hopper $547
1 day waterpark $69

7 day hopper + $585
6 day hopper + $574

So if you’re sure you’ll do at least 1 day at a water park I’d go with the 6 day hopper plus, or add the 7th day for $11 more. Either way it’s cheaper than ala cart waterpark tickets.
I also used June 9th as the start date. I guess mine doesn't include taxes... but I love that we said basically the same thing (just took me so long to type it out you beat me to it.)

Thank you! I’ll definitely get the plus - just realized it also includes mini golf which may be nice in the June heat :) .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter