• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Two Bedroom for Six?

Mineu

DIS Veteran
Hello-trying to read through the resort descriptions, but I believe some have been updated bedding. Which two bedroom would you recommend so that my four adult children can have their own beds (they are too big for the wall trundle) ? Trying to talk them into a Christmas stay and this is a deal breaker for some. Thanks!

If adult children need a bed, I'd recommend you find a 2BR, non-lock off room with a sleeper chair. We've done this at AKL/Kidani a number of times. Also at OKW. Not sure of other resorts with the chair. Then you'd have a king-bed master for the parents, 2 queen beds in the one room, a sleeper chair and a sleeper queen in the living/kitchen area.

If adult children need a bed, I'd recommend you find a 2BR, non-lock off room with a sleeper chair. We've done this at AKL/Kidani a number of times. Also at OKW. Not sure of other resorts with the chair. Then you'd have a king-bed master for the parents, 2 queen beds in the one room, a sleeper chair and a sleeper queen in the living/kitchen area.
Thanks! So, you think the sleeper chair is bigger than the trundle style bed at Riviera?

Sorry, I cannot answer that because I've not experienced (or even seen) the beds at Riviera. I have, however, slept in reasonable comfort on the sleeper chair at Kidani - and I'm an older medium sized adult!

Thanks! So, you think the sleeper chair is bigger than the trundle style bed at Riviera?
According to plandisney, the Kidani sleeper chair is as long as a regular twin, but 7-8" narrower, and the RIV trundle is a regular twin (though some say the RIV Studio trundle is actually about 6" narrower than a twin, and the 1-bdrm & up trundle is a regular twin size)

My dad slept very comfortably on the sleeper chair at BLT. It appeared to be roughly the size of a twin.

And I fully endorse BLT and Kidani for the extra full bathroom! Especially with 6 adults!

Just a note about OKW...all Studios have 2 queen beds, so for a two bedroom, you can go lockoff or dedicated on a two bedroom. The sleeper chair is quite comfortable. If you want an exterior entrance and a kitchenette in the 2nd bedroom, you can go with a lockoff. Also a not, you'd likely be happier in a building number 30 or higher because in those building there two entrances to the master bathroom. In buildings 29 and lower, there is only one bathroom entrance...through the master bedroom.

I'm an average size adult female and I've slept comfortably on the Poly and VGF trundle. The VGF trundle (in the original building, NOT the BPK) seems larger to me. It might be a real twin.

VGF 1 BR has an actual king bed, the trundle queen bed, which I think is heads and shoulders over the sleeper sofas, and the twin trundle. Adding the studio for the 2BR lockoff would make six total beds, including one actual king, which is rare in DVC. This is a tough room to book, because it requires the studio to be open.

Poly also has the new trundles after the renovation. If this is really a big deal, you could do 3 studios instead. For Poly (or VGF2), that would give you 9 sleeping surfaces, all new and nice.

Last edited:
I'm an average size adult female and I've slept comfortably on the Poly and VGF trundle. The VGF trundle (in the original building, NOT the BPK) seems larger to me. It might be a real twin.

VGF 1 BR has an actual king bed, the trundle queen bed, which I think is heads and shoulders over the sleeper sofas, and the twin trundle. Adding the studio for the 2BR lockoff would make six total beds, including one actual king, which is rare in DVC. This is a tough room to book, because it requires the studio to be open.

Poly also has the new trundles after the renovation. If this is really a big deal, you could do 3 studios instead. For Poly (or VGF2), that would give you 9 sleeping surfaces, all new and nice.
We own at Baylake, Boardwalk and OKW, so VGF and Poly might be hard to book once they open. So many things to consider, need bedding for everyone, multiple bathrooms, the kids prefer the Boardwalk area, and I would really like a common living/dining area to gather and open presents, etc on Christmas morning. Trying to find the right balance to make everyone happy is tough!

We own at Baylake, Boardwalk and OKW, so VGF and Poly might be hard to book once they open.

You might be able to walk it. You should know at 7mo+ whether it would work or not. I don't book Christmas, so no help there, but I know this would work for most times I travel.

I'd definitely book one of your home resorts, and would liikely walk the reservations for Christmas week. I've only walked reservations once, and that was for the big group of 10 over Thanksgiving 2021 at OKW.

OKW Grand Villas are pretty reasonable on points, and they are huge.
Yes I was wondering about that! I'm guessing points for a 3BR at OKW could be similar to a high-point 2BR. There are also the tree house villas at SSR. We went this summer and my teenage son and his friend (who are 6'2 and 6'4 respectively) actually slept on the bunk bed no problem. We're a family of 6 too and I know our days of relying on the trundle bed could be coming to an end. My teenage daughter usually is on the trundle or the sleeper chair, and prefers the chair.

Whoever gets the sleeper chair or trundle will complain, so trying to find the best option for them. They would prefer two rooms at Boardwalk, but, I’m hoping to still have a Christmas morning present opening experience…

Whoever gets the sleeper chair or trundle will complain, so trying to find the best option for them. They would prefer two rooms at Boardwalk, but, I’m hoping to still have a Christmas morning present opening experience…
This is where the OKW Grand Villa would be good, there are two full sized beds, 2 queen sized beds, the king master suite as well as the sleeper sofa and sleeper chair. There are also 4 bathrooms. If you have enough points. Remember to book early, as there are only 27 GVs atthe resort, 3 of which are Handicapp modified. The one we had was a handicap unit in an elevator building, and I really couldn't tell it was handicapped, other than the automatic door to the laundry room. I specifically reserved hanicap because one of the people in my party needed a scooter, after shattering her femur a year earlier.

I'd definitely book one of your home resorts, and would liikely walk the reservations for Christmas week. I've only walked reservations once, and that was for the big group of 10 over Thanksgiving 2021 at OKW.
I understand the thinking, but this would likely require a rather large stash of points to do it - holding one reservation during a prime week for points, while walking another until they have what they want. That would require some good planning for point usage, probably involving borrowing.

The beds that pull out of a chair in the 1BR and 2BR living rooms at BLT, OKW, and AKV, are very close to actual twin size and thus larger in both length and width than those trundle beds at other resorts that pull out of a cabinet below the TV (e.g., those chair beds can easily hold a 6 footer while those cabinet beds are really too small for that height).

An issue you have is being able to reserve a room. You want Christmas week, the second highest DVC demand week of the year (first week of Dec is No. 1), and during that time 2BRs everywhere, other than possibly SSR (and even that may be questionable), are usually filled before 7-months out. And GV's everywhere are usually gone. Thus, if you want a 2BR or GV, you should assume your best options are one of three resorts you own -- OKW, BLT, or BWV -- and then only assuming you have enough points to reserve a 2BR or GV at one of them at 11-months out. You may get lucky at 7-months out but you should not assume that is likely to occur.

The 2BRs at OKW and BLT have large living rooms, BWV's living room is smaller than both OKW or BLT, so if you need a larger get-together room for Christmas morning, your options really boil down to BLT and OKW, with OKW having the largest living room and the largest 2BR. Thus, you should likely choose OKW or BLT if you are going to do a 2BR. If you want a GV, any of the three you own would be fine (with one caveat for BWV #), but again you need enough points to reserve one of those at 11-months out.

#BWV will be undergoing a major refurb in 2023 and it is unknown yet how that will impact availability of GVs for next Christmas (or even 2BRs). Also, even when rooms are available at BWV, getting a GV (or a standard or boardwalk view 2BR) for Christmas week usually requires trying to book online at exactly 8 a.m. at 11-months out.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter