• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best tours for someone with an ECV?

jalaine

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking of booking a tour for my mother and my sister as birthday gifts. We will be going in November of this year. My mom will be turning 70 and would most likely need to be using an ECV for any tour that is of length. Are there any tours in particular that are best (or accessible) to someone using an ECV? Or are there any that you know of that specifically cannot be done using an ECV?

I'm thinking the Keys to the Kingdom tour would be fun for her, but she also loves giraffes and animals, so not sure if any of the animal tours are an option. They will be staying at AKV for a few days before moving over to the Polynesian.

One question in particular for the KTTK tour as far as rides go...I've seen that they typically include a ride on Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates (I know none are guaranteed). I'm thinking Pirates would be the only one of those she couldn't go on, is that correct? What would she be doing while the rest of the tour would be on that ride? She doesn't need a scooter full-time, but she would not be able to get into one of those boats with her knees/ legs. It would be too far down/ too scrunchy for her :) I'm fairly certain she should be able to transfer to rides such as Jungle Cruise and HM with some help!

Thanks for any help!

I'm thinking of booking a tour for my mother and my sister as birthday gifts. We will be going in November of this year. My mom will be turning 70 and would most likely need to be using an ECV for any tour that is of length. Are there any tours in particular that are best (or accessible) to someone using an ECV? Or are there any that you know of that specifically cannot be done using an ECV?

I'm thinking the Keys to the Kingdom tour would be fun for her, but she also loves giraffes and animals, so not sure if any of the animal tours are an option. They will be staying at AKV for a few days before moving over to the Polynesian.

One question in particular for the KTTK tour as far as rides go...I've seen that they typically include a ride on Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates (I know none are guaranteed). I'm thinking Pirates would be the only one of those she couldn't go on, is that correct? What would she be doing while the rest of the tour would be on that ride? She doesn't need a scooter full-time, but she would not be able to get into one of those boats with her knees/ legs. It would be too far down/ too scrunchy for her :) I'm fairly certain she should be able to transfer to rides such as Jungle Cruise and HM with some help!

Thanks for any help!
I cannot say this with 100% certainty but I would bet donuts to dollars, the tour guide will speak to her directly about her capabilities and will choose what attractions they go on accordingly.
Lunch on the KTTK tour is also held in the,upper level of Columbia Harbor house. There is an elevator to the upper level but it is backstage (behind the scenes). So a CM will help her/them to get up there. Under normal circumstances, HC diners would dine downstairs in a designated area. HTH regarding this tour!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter