Best tips for August trip

It's funny people talk about the weather in July / summer at WDW, we find that going in September is hotter! it obviously isn't but it feels it. We didn't see a noticeable difference when going in June, July, or August with September. I went in February and it was cooler, but again I didn't necessarily think it was life changingly different. I guess Florida is just that hot all the time lol..

It’s definitely hot and humid in August at WDW and you can always count on a quick rain shower at some point during the day. I agree with the PP that suggested bringing flip flops to change into. Also, Crocs has some cute styles now that are very fashionable and water friendly.

Ponchos are a GREAT idea. We buy a box of cheap disposable ones (they are usually individually wrapped), so we can just throw them out when the rain stops (rather than folding up a wet one and putting it in our backpack). They are very lightweight. Amazon and Walmart sell them.

Maybe I'm different, but I've found that late mornings are the most uncomfortable part of the day. I know the temperature is hotter in the afternoon, but the humidity seems to burn off a little too.

....Our plan is to get up early most mornings, your then mid/late morning fast passes, sit down lunch for the A/C, then break at the hotel and go back to the parks in the evening. We don’t usually take breaks so this is new for us. Any suggestions for time to head back to hotel or back to park to avoid the most crowds and heat? Wondering if we should just grab a quick dinner before touring again or if we should make dinner ADRs....

We go in August as three adults, and our days are essentially as follows: Rope Drop, early to mid-morning fastpasses, QS lunch, pool break from about 1-4ish, sit down TS ADR for dinner about 5, different park in the evening. I absolutely recommend a pool break of a pretty decent length in the afternoon.

The heat can be bad but it is not terrible, except from maybe about 11-3ish. It can be hot other times of course, but the afternoon storms help cool things down.

I do not know anything about children, so I am not sure if they days are too long for them, but the plan we follow allows us to do a massive amount, without totally exhausting ourselves.

I find carrying a frozen water bottle around in the heat is a godsend. I have an old Animal Kingdom water bottle strap I use so I can remain hands-free and not weigh down a small purse. Something like these, which cost less than $5, would work well. You can sip at it during the day and as it melts, supplement it with free ice water from the QS places, but it really feels so good to have it on you in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter