Best time to go in January or February?

Momto284

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip for either January or February during free dining, when is it the slowest? Thanks!

We are planning a trip for either January or February during free dining, when is it the slowest? Thanks!

A friend of mine worked in Disney and told me that Jan was the best time with the fewest crowds. I had not gone in Jan before but we just booked our trip for Jan 8th. I am so excited. But worried about the weather, I hear it was cold last year.:rotfl2::rotfl::banana:

I believe the last week of January would be the absolute best (though any week in either month would be fine contingent on the weather). I understand that January is a bit slower than February, probably because it's just after the holidays and is slightly cooler. The Marathon is the first weekend in January and then MLK Day is the next weekend so they're a bit busier.

We've gone the past three Januarys and loved it. Have a great trip!

Keep yourself to the dates when US and SA schools are in session (there are threads on the SA mega-groups and when to avoid) When DD and DS were little, we'd pull them out of school and wrap around the President's Day holiday. It was busy for a couple days, but slowed down significantly. the only downsides to the off-off season were earlier close hours to all the parks plus attractions and shows either not scheduled or in rehab. Background yourself on what won't be available so you won't be disappointed:cutie: We did enjoy seemingly "having WDW to ourselves" and got very comfortable with the entire experience so that when we switched to prime summer season, we absolutely knew all the short cuts and hidden treasures to be found.

2 years ago we went the last week of January and it was awesome crowd wise. No lines. The weather was a bit cool but we still went in the pool. It's my favorite time to go! Last January we had to go the first part of Jan 1-12 and it was much more crowded! I said never again for that time of year. This year we have to go the first part of Feb. I am hoping for light crowds :goodvibes

Anyone been to Florida during February? We will leave before presidents day for the coast (any suggestions?)

I went in Feb 2010 the week of the superbowl the crowds were bigger than I thought they would be, but not to bad. The weather can be on the cooler side and it did rain once or twice.

Several years ago, I went during Presidents week. The weather was great but it was busy. The parks were open late and we didn't have kids so we would go to parks in the am and than again late at night to avoid some of the busier times of day. I went the week after president's week this year and the weather was great and crowds were low. The only drawback was the parks close early which was fine for me because I had three 3 year old with me. I don't think you can go wrong either way!

We went the 1st week of January this year and I would NOT recommend it! The decorations were great but the crowds weren't worth it. Have fun planning!

We were there this past January 22-26th and the place was EMPTY! I liked that there were no crowds, but I hated how cold we were. It was freezing cold. It was a good thing we brought our winter coats and gloves. We enjoyed our stay, but had a nightmare getting home. The northeast was hit with a major snowstorm. It made me never want to visit in January again.

We went last year the week of President's day. It was wonderful and the weather was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter